2011 Close-enough-to-get-to-adelaide Autumn Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
12 sounds good to me. I'll have a chat to Mrs Hatchy about food, she'll have to organise that if we want something edible. I'm thinking curry.

I need to get my beer to you asap as i doubt i will be able to make the swap.

Can you PM me your address/phone so i can organise a drop off?

I may have to be a non swapping attendee. I just had 1 of my testers & it's pretty bad. The other one is in the freezer so I'll see how that one goes.

Can Hatchy punch out a Butters inspired bitter or mild in 7 days, keg and CPBF - will be good for drinking in 10 days time at the swap yeah?

Grain to brain in 7 days :icon_cheers:

(sorry to hear it aint tasting great mate)

Not good to see hatchy :unsure:

I hope thats not me too!

I may have to be a non swapping attendee. I just had 1 of my testers & it's pretty bad. The other one is in the freezer so I'll see how that one goes.

Good excuse for me to try another of mine... I bloody hope all is well... Just chucked one in the fridge myself for tasting later on tonight!

That sucks Hatchy. Is that the one you had on tap the day the hops were packaged up...?? Stammtisch challenge beer??

It tastes OK but it's way overcarbed. I'm thinking I could knock the caps off & recap them, either that or put a warning on the bottle. I've got a suspicion that I'm not letting my beers finish which is causing my bottled beers to be overcarbed.

Edit:

That sucks Hatchy. Is that the one you had on tap the day the hops were packaged up...?? Stammtisch challenge beer??

Yep, same beer. The keg is still OK. I took the tap off it this arvo so I can take the keg to the judging/swap.

I took the tap off it this arvo so I can take the keg to the judging/swap.

I love the discipline! I'll provide feedback later on this evening on how I think mine is tasting... Although, my opinion probably has no cache so...

edit: cos I'm a bit of a minda

I wanna taste these beers you guys think are crap! I will taste mine on sat, that will be two weeks in the bottle.....If its crap to bad! haha! Fingers crossed its not! If you do it in the next day or so i think there is still enough time for a quick brew and bottle.....just will not be able to drink it for a few weeks after the swap.

Hey guys! i just sent out my details to the swappers, back up swappers and the people on the interested in attending lists. I hope you all got them?

There were 2 people i could not find as members.....one from the main list (bigholty) and one from the back up list (rustyc30) ???

Anyway hope everyone got the PM and is gearing up for the big day!

Message received. bigholty is known as bigh

Josh,
What kind of cremation facilities do you have?

Nige I have two 4 burner BBQ's One with a flat plate and the other is half BBQ grill and half flat plate, also a weber.

I am now first on the back up list,

I'm happy to swap, the only issue I have is a variety of circumstances mean that I have 20 long necks of a beer I'm happy to swap- my first AG an APA. I've got another overhopped mid strength (still carbing) that I'm not terribly confident about giving away but if four people are willing to take that or a long neck of coopers I'm happy to step in.

Cricket presentations have been postponed = Raven should now be attending. Giggidy!

Amin..... I would be happy for you to join us as a swapper with 20 of your own brews plus 4 coopers long necks if the other swappers dont mind? On the swap list spot number 23 is empty.....so i guess that means there is a spot for one more?

I am now first on the back up list,

I'm happy to swap, the only issue I have is a variety of circumstances mean that I have 20 long necks of a beer I'm happy to swap- my first AG an APA. I've got another overhopped mid strength (still carbing) that I'm not terribly confident about giving away but if four people are willing to take that or a long neck of coopers I'm happy to step in.
? over hopped? i'm confused. I didn't know there was such a thing :p bugger the coopers and put in this one in. i'd be happy to have a crack at that.

I would not mind if gunna would like to swap and droped his beers off at my place early, Also that goes for any other swapers who would like to swap but think they may not be able to make it. If thats ok with everyone else? Or we can just bring people in from the back up list?

Thanks AussieJosh. Been away for a bit and noticed that I was still on the list of swappers after receiving your PM today. As I bottle my brews my intention had been to present 2 stubbies of different styles of brews. Alas, thinking that I would not be there and not aware of this alternative (duh!) I had started drinking one of said brews :p
So.....
If OK with all, will drop off at your place (this weekend & at a suitable time) a bit of a mixture of 24 stubs English Brown Ale, 16 Aussie Pale ale ( was 24 ;) ) & 8 of the good Dr's Golden ale.
FYI the caps are labelled with the bottled date as well as - JWBA*24, CPA*16 and DSGA*8 & the brews are my AG No's 5, 4, & 6

Cheers

Based on recent history, it is highly likely a few more swappers will drop out too. I hope I am wrong though!

Back