2011 Close-enough-to-get-to-adelaide Autumn Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottled my batch on Sunday with Hatchy. Was 3 times as easy bottling with a helper than by yourself. So swapping but unsure about wether I can make the actual swap...

Is there a place where I can just take a keg or two and they bottle it for me? I asked ubrewit if they could can a batch for me, for some reason they wouldn't have a bar of it...strongly against the idea...don't know why they would say no to business, I would get heaps of beer canned there if I could.

Shut (as they say in nz), I should probably start thinking what I'll put into the winter swap...

My Robust Porter is tasting nice out of the fermentor, and shall be bottled this week for sure.

Bottled my batch on Sunday with Hatchy. Was 3 times as easy bottling with a helper than by yourself. So swapping but unsure about wether I can make the actual swap...

Is there a place where I can just take a keg or two and they bottle it for me? I asked ubrewit if they could can a batch for me, for some reason they wouldn't have a bar of it...strongly against the idea...don't know why they would say no to business, I would get heaps of beer canned there if I could.

Shut (as they say in nz), I should probably start thinking what I'll put into the winter swap...

Even a drunk helper is better than bottling by yourself?

Second opinion on my beer says "F*#ken Sh^t, tip that crap out!" :icon_vomit:

Is it any wonder I hate bottling, was a nice beer in the fermenter but must of picked something up while priming and bottling.
Will have to weigh up my options, don't really want to pull out but not sure I can get another ready in time even with a Best After date.
Damn it!

Nige

Crap.

I was just out crushing the grain for my Stammtisch Challenge beer so I can brew tomorrow when I get home from work when I realised that the swap is about 2 weeks away, and I'm going to be away for about 2 weeks of that time. Plus, I'm currently booked on the 4:15pm flight on the Friday before back from Perth which I'm not going to make since I'll be on a ship that isn't due to berth until around that time meaning I'll have to catch the 8:30am flight back on the Saturday morning. Which gets in at 1:55pm.

So, it seems that my Stammtisch Challenge beer won't be in the challenge, unless it happens to be finished by next weekend (US-05 at ~20C, so not impossible but I will need to bottle a few so I want to be sure it's done) in which case I might be able to keg it in the ~30 hours I will be back in Adelaide for. I might just put in the last bottle of a similar beer I brewed a while back and see how it fares instead.

I will probably need to drop my case swap beers off the weekend before as well because I can't see myself getting to the swap until around 3:30 at the absolute earliest.

2 week case swap beer can be done chaps. I was a 'victim' of infection last swap and got a subsequent brown ale made in 2 weeks. Slightly higher ferment temp than I wanted - and in hindsight I should have kept temps lower initially then ramped up towards the end of fermentation (JZ style).

QB liked the big malt hit, but others were less impressed with the slightly higher esters.

An english mild can be cranked out (as can a bitter) in a short time period. Grain to brain in 7 days in true Butters style.

2 week case swap beer can be done chaps. I was a 'victim' of infection last swap and got a subsequent brown ale made in 2 weeks. Slightly higher ferment temp than I wanted - and in hindsight I should have kept temps lower initially then ramped up towards the end of fermentation (JZ style).

QB liked the big malt hit, but others were less impressed with the slightly higher esters.

An english mild can be cranked out (as can a bitter) in a short time period. Grain to brain in 7 days in true Butters style.

7 days, pfft.. it's old by 7 days.. hahahaha

Get an early start tomorrow and brew a replacement beer, a Dunkelweizen, into bottles in a week. Should be ready to drink a week after the swap.
Need to get my Stammtisch beer into a fermenter also.
Nige

Come on boys you can do it! Anyone that wants to drop off a swap beer early pm me so we can arange a time i will be home.
I have brewed one swap Ag beer i am just hoping its drinkable! Its a bonus if its awsome! :)

Bugger!!!

Just seen this thread after booking my flight to Adelaide for a bit of R&R from Sunday 27th
will be in adelaide for 3 nights catching up with an old Grumpies forum guy "Metters" from WA if you remember him.
Hopefully a few of you will be sober enough to catch up for a few beers while we're in town.

cheers Ross

Bugger!!!

Just seen this thread after booking my flight to Adelaide for a bit of R&R from Sunday 27th
will be in adelaide for 3 nights catching up with an old Grumpies forum guy "Metters" from WA if you remember him.
Hopefully a few of you will be sober enough to catch up for a few beers while we're in town.

cheers Ross
I'll be busy on the Sunday recovering but from Monday I will be holidaying working out of the Hilton in the city for the International Rugby 7's.
Drinks from 5 each night at Charlie's Bar in the Hilton, actually quite a good range of beers at normal prices. Usually up for a walk to the Kings later in the evening or the Wheaty if I am up to the tram ride.
7.00am management meetings can be tough though :lol:
Will be a big couple of weeks with Schooey in town the following week.
Nige

Damit.

as soon as I want to brew for somthing other than my own gut things go wrong.

Never had a stuck ferment before and now for the last three attempts at my case swap beer they haven't got passed 1.020!!!

Tried every thing in the book and can't get it going.

Luckily I had a NC cube sitting around from a brew a few months back. If all goes well I will have a swap beer but it will be untested and have a best after date.

Legham.

well im going to have to pull out, have not brewed since i sprained and fractured my foot which is about two months ago....

On the up side im brewing again for the first time in a while on sunday, an english rye ipa.

have updated the list and the next one up is glaab, if he wants to slot himself in there go for it..

I have added myself to the attend list and will try get it off work..

Say it isn't so... Why not mate...??

Work...just don't know what I will be doing to be honest...I also plan on having a month off of drinking after this saturday which is going to clash with this event...I'm just not a definite at the moment.

What is this winter swap you talk about??

We normally only have 2 swaps a year, winter and summer. The last swap had so much quality beers in it that we were so keen to have an autumn swap...the winter swap will most probably be going ahead. So far I am thinking of doing a stout <_< boring I know...will try and do a american style stout though...

Cheers
Phil

PS: your cpa clone was such a cracker mate...so have to brew one ASAP...which is great timing since nige is doing an order for the aussie ale through whitelabs. Might even bottle them up in some coopers bottles from hatchy...

Well...

Kegged my swap keg/stamstich beer today. Added hops to keg. seems ok so far. will be bringing my portakeg (plastic bin and picnic tap) to this swap.

Fury has gotten his act into gear so at the very least he will be swapping. His swap beer is pretty tasty too (cheers for the sample mate).

hope this is another good one!!

Back