2011 Close-enough-to-get-to-adelaide Autumn Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The proposed date, 26th March, is the ONLY date I would be able to attend, too busy before and after that and sacrificing other things to be there on the 26th.
Unfortunately no matter what date a swap is held there will be some that can't attend. If you set the date in stone 12 months in advance this will still be the case so not really any solution to it.
Nige
Well, I did say ... if it doesn't then rule out some other brewers, :unsure: so I guess for
fairness it should stay at the 26 Mar date that was proposed a few months back.

T.

Pitched the yeast for my Robust Porter tonight. Refrac sample tasted glorious. Lots of choccy goodness.

Anyone want to drop round tomorrow & help me bottle my possible swap beer? Or just drink beer & talk about bottling the beer?

Anyone want to drop round tomorrow & help me bottle my possible swap beer? Or just drink beer & talk about bottling the beer?

I'm sure that can be organised for Thursday??!!

HOPS!!! :icon_drunk:

Good point. I'd like to get it done tonight so I can get the next batch going. The 52lb of hops should keep us busy enough on Thursday.

Good point. I'd like to get it done tonight so I can get the next batch going. The 52lb of hops should keep us busy enough on Thursday.

You need help with bottling? I can be there 6ish if you want? I'm going to give my swap beer a bit of a rouse in the fermenter right now, hopefully that will make sure that it has hit terminal gravity so that I (i.e. you and me) can bottle this one without any carbing issues.

Cheers
Phil

Cool, that's pretty much exactly the response I was hoping for.

That's a bit rough mate, if he wants to drive across the nullarbor for the swap I'm sure we'd be happy to send him the an address.

I'm guessing fury won't make it for this 1? Do you know when yr likely to get here/leave?

I'm still not sure if i'll make it or not. should know by the end of this week. i'm also possibly buying a place around that time. just to add another thing to my list.

I should be able to do a simple APA for the swap though, using my old system.

You're right Hatchy. Sorry for being so rude speedie. you are more than welcome to come. I've been lying awake at night recently struggling to sleep wondering if i should ferment hop or not. you could give me a lesson to put my mind at ease.

Fury hasn't made his mind up but isn't confident. He is having brewing issues at the moment. His beer tastes like he has dry hopped with al foil.
What i do depends. If fury comes i'll ninja over sat morning and go back on sunday. If he pulls out (maybe he should have done that 9 months ago :ph34r: ) I'll bring the ball and chain and the rug rats for a few days.

Looking forward to this. My swap beer is ready to roll but i have to get my act into gear and brew a keg beer for the swap. after reading the stamstich thing i might have a crack at that.

i'd really like to stick to the not pulling out. :D

We're lucky speedie kept that thread simple & didn't mention glass hopping to throw a spanner amongst the pigeons.

Fury is obviously welcome even if he doesn't have beer to bring. If he's not there then who will finish the warm keg on the Sunday morning?

can you just put it in a bottle and post it to me?
hahahaha

If only my swap beer was finished fermenting, I could drop it off with some dirty bottles, then drop back in the next day to pick up my freshly cleaned and bottled beers... :p (seems unlikely though...)

Swap beer bottled, 2 cartons of longnecks, 2 stubbies & an almost full keg.

You need help with bottling? I can be there 6ish if you want? I'm going to give my swap beer a bit of a rouse in the fermenter right now, hopefully that will make sure that it has hit terminal gravity so that I (i.e. you and me) can bottle this one without any carbing issues.

Cheers
Phil

Let me know when is a good time for you.

If only my swap beer was finished fermenting, I could drop it off with some dirty bottles, then drop back in the next day to pick up my freshly cleaned and bottled beers... :p (seems unlikely though...)

If you want a hand bottling I'm happy to lend a hand. It's way less hassle with 2 people.

Just bottled my swap beer! I guess it would be AG Dark ale? well its dark anyway! Also put a couple of mortine bombs in the rumpus room to kill the MASSIVE red backs and anything else that was in there!
As for how many fridges i can run....? I have no idea!? Nev would know more about that then me, But id say a couple. if its warm i might have the AC on. Maybe if a lot of people are brining Kegs we might need some buckets or eskis with ice.

Tasted my South Pacific IPA swap beer last night...

Its my first attempt at anything this BIG (1.060, 60 odd IBUs and lots of late hops (236g in 25L batch))

In the bottle two weeks and its freakin glorious! Malty, hoppy as and carbonation seems spot on. I may have fluked this...

I picked up some more Pacific Gem off Nige to do this again for myself, but I'll keg it instead. Really, really happy. Almost don't wanna swap it. Almost wanna drink the lot myself :icon_drunk:

But, I really am a nice guy. So I'll share it :icon_cheers:

Nev

Just bottled my swap beer, a Brown Porter. Looks like my swap beer might be drinkable in time for the swap for once.

Going to try another bottle of mine now, if it's as bad as the first I tried it will be brew time for me tomorrow night, something English, ferment, keg, CPBF, ready to drink by swap day.
Doable!

Unfortunately I can't make it on the 26th. (Ulysses AGM in Newcastle. )
Hopefully, will be able to attend the next one.

Cheers

Unfortunately I can't make it on the 26th. (Ulysses AGM in Newcastle. )
Hopefully, will be able to attend the next one.

Cheers

Are you still planning on swapping? You can either drop yr beers off at Josh's place earlier (assuming he doesn't mind) or get them to someone elses place beforehand. I'm pretty sure Raven had several lots of beers last time.

I got almost a full keg of my swap beer after I'd bottled the 2 cartons & a couple of stubbies for tasters. It's tasting pretty good after a week in the keg.

I would not mind if gunna would like to swap and droped his beers off at my place early, Also that goes for any other swapers who would like to swap but think they may not be able to make it. If thats ok with everyone else? Or we can just bring people in from the back up list?

Going to try another bottle of mine now, if it's as bad as the first I tried it will be brew time for me tomorrow night, something English, ferment, keg, CPBF, ready to drink by swap day.
Doable!

Call it Niges Something English!

I love the optimism... Shame the Belgian didn't turn out as expected... Still drinkable or is it lawn fertiliser?? :icon_vomit:

Call it Niges Something English!

I love the optimism... Shame the Belgian didn't turn out as expected... Still drinkable or is it lawn fertiliser?? :icon_vomit:
Had another bottle, got a couple more spares so I'll hang on to it and see. SWMBO wasn't disgusted when she had a taste. Trying to decide if it is chlorophenols or just phenols from high ferment temp.
I'll brew another beer in case.
Nige

Back