2011 Close-enough-to-get-to-adelaide Autumn Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope Nev's wiring is up to scratch - there's likely to be quite a few fridges I'm guessing.

I'll be bringing the port-a-keg-bar (with ice) with something tasty (hopefully my Stammtisch beer).

Food might be a good idea to prop up a little this time - with enough notice we can get quite a feed going, or we could just order in some pizzas. I'm happy to do another load of pretzels, and perhaps something dinner-ish.

I've just finally managed to pick up a 2nd hand Soda Stream and 3(!!!!) gas bottles for $10 bucks. My garden sprayer party keg will be coming for a ride me thinks... Holds 8lts so should be ok!

:beerbang:

My keg in a bucket will likely make an appearance again, unless there's any spare fridge space going.
My Keezer holds 4 but I'll likely only bring 2 kegs, unless Smurto wants something to run through his beer engine and I have something very English to run through it.
Bottom line 2 keg spots free in the Keezer.
Nige

My Keezer holds 4 but I'll likely only bring 2 kegs, unless Smurto wants something to run through his beer engine and I have something very English to run through it.
Bottom line 2 keg spots free in the Keezer.
Nige

Bugger the party keg... I'll bring one already carbed straight from my fridge, hopefully it'll be nearly full! Unless Smurto wants a spot, I'll take one Nige...

Pretty please :beerbang:

There was going to be a spot for you either way mate. I'm pretty sure I can get 5 kegs in my fridge & I'll only bring 1 or 2 (depending on whether or not Mrs Hatchy comes along).

I don't think there will be a shortage of fridge space.

I may have put my name down pages ago for the backup swap. If it's in March I'm out. Apologies. Stonefruit harvest (not grapes, anymore) running late this year.
Cheers

That's a bit rough mate, if he wants to drive across the nullarbor for the swap I'm sure we'd be happy to send him the an address.

I'm guessing fury won't make it for this 1? Do you know when yr likely to get here/leave?

That's a bit rough mate, if he wants to drive across the nullarbor for the swap I'm sure we'd be happy to send him the an address.

I'm guessing fury won't make it for this 1? Do you know when yr likely to get here/leave?
You're right Hatchy. Sorry for being so rude speedie. you are more than welcome to come. I've been lying awake at night recently struggling to sleep wondering if i should ferment hop or not. you could give me a lesson to put my mind at ease.

Fury hasn't made his mind up but isn't confident. He is having brewing issues at the moment. His beer tastes like he has dry hopped with al foil.
What i do depends. If fury comes i'll ninja over sat morning and go back on sunday. If he pulls out (maybe he should have done that 9 months ago :ph34r: ) I'll bring the ball and chain and the rug rats for a few days.

Looking forward to this. My swap beer is ready to roll but i have to get my act into gear and brew a keg beer for the swap. after reading the stamstich thing i might have a crack at that.

We're lucky speedie kept that thread simple & didn't mention glass hopping to throw a spanner amongst the pigeons.

Fury is obviously welcome even if he doesn't have beer to bring. If he's not there then who will finish the warm keg on the Sunday morning?

Tester of my swap beer in the fridge ready for first sampling this afternoon. 12 days from bottling to fridge.
28 days till the swap gives me time to brew again if it is crap :icon_vomit:
If it's OK I'll chuck it in the Tanunda Show as well.
Nige

Tester of my swap beer in the fridge ready for first sampling this afternoon. 12 days from bottling to fridge.
28 days till the swap gives me time to brew again if it is crap :icon_vomit:
If it's OK I'll chuck it in the Tanunda Show as well.
Nige

I might just do the same... I think mines been in the bottle for near on two weeks, give one a chill down and have a snifter tonight!

What date is swap day?

Right in the middle of vintage?

March is probably a write off for me.
How many people are in this situation? I seem to recall a few people not being
able to make it in March - if it doesn't then rule out some other brewers, would
it be worth shifting the date to early April?

Can we update the swap list with peoples' availability around March/April for an
indication? I'm happy to update the list based on previous posts and any new
posts (for those who cant be arsed updating the article).

How many fridges can we get away with before we kill the power again?
I can bring along a 25m extension cord (and more) and portable RCD (though it's
an Arlec) to access a different power circuit from the house.

Tom.

How many people are in this situation? I seem to recall a few people not being
able to make it in March - if it doesn't then rule out some other brewers, would
it be worth shifting the date to early April?

Can we update the swap list with peoples' availability around March/April for an
indication? I'm happy to update the list based on previous posts and any new
posts (for those who cant be arsed updating the article).

I can bring along a 25m extension cord (and more) and portable RCD (though it's
an Arlec) to access a different power circuit from the house.

Tom.

Jeez, I hope it stays on the day originally planned, I've had to move heaps of work shit aound to get the 26th of March off standby :unsure:

Tom, thats a great idea. Best to bring it if you can, I doubt we'll need it (20A power cct and heaps of socket outlets in the rumpus room) but its better to be safe than sorry

Nev

The proposed date, 26th March, is the ONLY date I would be able to attend, too busy before and after that and sacrificing other things to be there on the 26th.
Unfortunately no matter what date a swap is held there will be some that can't attend. If you set the date in stone 12 months in advance this will still be the case so not really any solution to it.
Nige

Back