2011 Close-enough-to-get-to-adelaide Autumn Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt Glenn is all that keen to host our case swap after you yelled out 'Glen, put some ******* hops in your beer' or something else similarly subtle. :lol:

Some may consider that to be heckling, it was meant as constructive feedback. If I know he was going to be there I would've taken some hops with me & glass hopped his beer.

I didn't really say that did I?

Edited to include Smurto's quote without which my post made less sense than the rest of my posts in this (or any other) thread.

Some may consider that to be heckling, it was meant as constructive feedback. If I know he was going to be there I would've taken some hops with me & glass hopped his beer.

I didn't really say that did I?

Edited to include Smurto's quote without which my post made less sense than the rest of my posts in this (or any other) thread.

Yes you did mate.

It was after your comment about Coopers clear which contained a few expletives. I'm surprised Glen didn't come over and offer you a job on the spot.

Oops. I was pretty sure I had that job sewn up as well.

Maybe as an apology I'll send him an email inviting him to my next brewday.

If he was here on Saturday I'm sure he would've pointed out to me that if it weren't for the risk of a stuck stuck mash/sparge/everything then they'd use over 10g/L of mash hops too.

Disclaimer: I actually think quite highly of Coopers but what were they thinking with clear? It taints their good name.

I can foresee Glenn marketing a Hatchy brand of hop flavoured ciggies. :lol:

'Glen, put some ******* hops in your beer' :lol:
hehe, what a cracker! th_023roflmao.gif

Attachments

• slap.gif
    slap.gif
    7.2 KB · Views: 8
Brewed my case swap beer tonight, a Robust Porter to counter all the new world pale ales possibly being entered... :ph34r:

Mschippr dropped in to see the RIMS in action too and we sampled some brews on tap and in bottles. :)

So still no venue yet? As i said before im happy for my man land to be it...... I have a Large'ish room /shed out the back compleat with lights toilet, air con and water/sink will fit 25ish....pluss good size back yard....only catch is the power for it was shut down before i bought the house so i will need a sparky/or....just someone who knows sparky stuff to get it up and going again......am willing to pay as long as its not crazy......

O yeah....Im in Ridgehaven.

So still no venue yet? As i said before im happy for my man land to be it...... I have a Large'ish room /shed out the back compleat with lights toilet, air con and water/sink will fit 25ish....pluss good size back yard....only catch is the power for it was shut down before i bought the house so i will need a sparky/or....just someone who knows sparky stuff to get it up and going again......am willing to pay as long as its not crazy......

O yeah....Im in Ridgehaven.
Hey Josh. What do you think needs doing in order to re-establish power to the back room... I'm a local sparky and if this ends up being a goer then I may be able to lend a hand...

Not sure? it has power lines conected to it. (its not attached to the house) I have a sparky mate who for the last year said he will fix it but he is to busy/cant be F@^&d!....from my understanding its somthing to do with the fuesbox? If everyone is happy with the location, message me if you can give a free quote then we can go from there...

at the very least you could run an extension lead from the house but it does not sound like a very big job anyway, if its just been disconnected at the box then I assume a simple five minute job.
Do you know why it was disconnected, was it wired up by a dodgey wog and his mate and down right dangerous and someone noticed and had it disconnected?

Since it has been disconnected a sparky would test it before reconnecting it anyway I gather, another simple job.

Leave it until swap day and then we can all have a go at jimmying it up after a couple of beers? we could use a couple of the wires to spark up our hop doobies!!

Leave it until swap day and then we can all have a go at jimmying it up after a couple of beers? we could use a couple of the wires to spark up our hop doobies!!
Jam a big bit of metal in there instead of a fuse, stage-crew style.

Power for fridges would probably be most helpful.

Jam a big bit of metal in there instead of a fuse, stage-crew style.

Power for fridges would probably be most helpful.

or wrap the paper foil from a cigarette packet around the old fuse and wack it back in.
Genuine road crew gig saver.

or wrap the paper foil from a cigarette packet around the old fuse and wack it back in.
Genuine road crew gig saver.

I have never used a piece of fencing wire in an old fuse box to run my 15A welder... never :ph34r:

Josh, as Jayse said... There must be a reason it was disconnected in the first place... Dodgy wog wiring etc etc

If it is the fusebox that needs an upgrade, then its too big a job for the limited amount of free time I have (read: all I do is work)... I'll swing by after work tonight (pending no after hours calls tonight) and have a gander. If it is just a simple test and reconnect, easy. Maybe not 5 mins, but relatively easy. I'll PM you now with my phone no. Give me a call with your address and what time you'll be home ;)

If the switchboard needs an upgrade or the like... Like your mate, sorry, cant be arsed/time etc etc. Fairly time consuming and can be a legality nightmare if I find other things wrong.

Should've got onto your mate ages ago... Sounds like he's a helpful bloke :p

Tyler

Cheers for popping around to have a look tonight Tyler! :icon_cheers:

So Tyler will work out a price over the next day or two for me.

My girlfriend of 8 years (who thinks i should hurry up an get her a ring!) is concerned that im going to have 25+ drunk bogans here!? So im trying to convince her that you are all good people and will not be any trouble!? I need you all to help her belive me! Will any of you be bringing your wifes/Girlfriends along?

Right now its 50/50 after power is conected its ON! just have to twist her arm! ;)

So looks like it might be a North Eastern gig huh? My SWMBO wont attend but MIGHT play taxi for me (but I haven't asked her yet); I imagine her begrudgingly agreeing but cripes it will cost me. I might be able to poke my ugly mug in for a look.

I got lost in the multitude of pages of this thread; a venue has almost been fixed but has the date been fixed?

26th of march i think???.....always wanted to know what a SWMBO was!....

Back