2010 Ahb Sydney Pub Crawl

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still laughing at Jase and his drinking of a Redoak Nutter on the walk from the Redoak to the Taphouse, oddly enough not one person gave him an odd look.....

And Fatz, we found your long lost brother on George St, unfortunately we forgot to take a photo.

Sad to have missed this one guys.

Clearly it was not meant to be for me.
With the little-un dislocating his elbow, and the missus loosing her job all on the day before,
I had to be the responsible one for one.

Ill make up for my mistakes with yas at the next function.

Hey guys,

Is it cool if I repost some of these photos on the Taphouse blog??

If anyone is in the mood, I'd love to post a 100 word (min) piece on the night along with the photos!

I'll leave to those who were there to put their names on a pic if they want.
Happy for you to use the pics as long as anyone in them don't post otherwise here :)

I'm the one with the drunken look on my face and no beard in this one!

IMG00223_20100515_1930.jpg

thanks
Bjorn

Those glasses are all class, as soon as we smash thru them there will be new ones. Hope you got a replacement beer though ...

Thanks for coming in. The bar staff commented that you guys were the politest and best behaved pub crawl they have ever seen! Obviously you were missing FG and such ... (just teasing you mate)

Scotty

Yep, got a replacement (and not a drop on me when it exploded!) :icon_cheers:

Also must echo the sentiments of what a fantastic day/night!!! Had an absolute ball, you guys rock! Here are a couple of happy snaps from my drunken meanderings.

Cheers,
AG.

crawl_lord_nelson.jpg
crawl_harts.jpg
crawl_belgian.jpg
crawl_me_and_barls.jpg

Only took some pics with my mobile at the last part of the night, hoping Peter M from the NBBC has some more from Lord Nelson and Harts?

Bjorn

I do have a few more pic's which I will post this avo.

I also like Rendo's idea to put a few names to the faces in the pic's; met to many of you on Saturday to remember all the names. The many beers we consumed didn't help either.
So, if you find yourself in the pic please feel free to repost with your name/log in name so we can all refresh our memories.
Here some of the Harts ones

111_0794.JPG
DSCF9260.JPG
Yours truly in the middle of the upper pic and on the left below.

Lord Nelson and Belgian Beercafe pic's later.

Pete

oh so ill the next day, but well worth it, barley wines before dinner I think that what did it

That would be the nickname we gave you after you "went to the bar" at the Taphouse and never returned......

EDIT: Mike, I woke up fine, as in completely fine although a little tired as I couldn't sleep when I got home.....The 4 schooners of soda water when I got home probably saved me.

move to change his user name to the great white ninja.

anyway it was a great night enjoyed by all including the Peking duck at around midnight.
how was everyone the next morning? anyone heard from gulpa?
i was up and about at 8 as i had a shit load of bottling to be done.

heres what i found the next morning. now i know i didnt put all of them in there so if ones yours can you pm me and ill arrange to get it back to you.
16052010153.jpg

Well I had a fantastic day also thanks to all who were there to enjoy the fun with me. I also woke up feeling well, must have been the food I consumed, the waters inbetween and sticking to 1/2 pints for the most part like a lightweight that I am.

I was mocked by many also for taking notes of my consumptions during the day.

Here is the resulting list of my day.

Porridge with raisins and honey for breakfast at home
Lowenbrau
Paulaner Dunkelweizen Pint
Lord Nelson
Victory Bitter pint
Double Espresso
Old Admiral pint
Nelson Blood Pint
Harts
Mermaid Bitter Pint
Hunter Valley Kolsh Pint
Lamb roll
Nirvana Pale pint
Belgian Bier Caf
Leffe Brune 330ml
McChouffe 750 bottle
Redoak
Strong extra special bitter 330ml
Nutter 330mL(more of a traveller than at the Redoak)
Taphouse
Mikeller Amarillo IPA 330mL
Artichoke Pizza + chips
Flying Dog Horndog barley wine 330ml
Lafin de monde a shared bottle (Cheers Gulpa)
Samuel Smith Oatmeal stout 330ml
Saison Dupont shared bottle (Cheers Barls).
Random Chinese seafood restaurant
Peking duck very enjoyable(Cheers again Gulpa)
KFC while waiting for bus.

move to change his user name to the great white ninja.

anyway it was a great night enjoyed by all including the Peking duck at around midnight.
how was everyone the next morning? anyone heard from gulpa?
i was up and about at 8 as i had a shit load of bottling to be done.

heres what i found the next morning. now i know i didnt put all of them in there so if ones yours can you pm me and ill arrange to get it back to you.
16052010153.jpg
I was also up around that time, but returned to the sack for another hours nap after afew waters.

One of those paulaner glasses is mine, to go with the other 4 various I ended up with.

I also wonder, Gulpa how are you, how was the extra BBQ? Me and barls had kentucky fried rat instead.

I was up on child duties at 6am, walked down to the local cafe and got coffee and crossiants for me and wife....The people I had a BBQ with on Sunday were in total disbelief that I had been out for a 14 hour crawl.......

The tall one with the handle is mine, I can't remember where it came from but I know I called dibs on it....Still no word from Gulpa since we saw him heading off for more BBQ in Chinatown. I want more duck now.

That would be the nickname we gave you after you "went to the bar" at the Taphouse and never returned......

Yes I hit "that point" where I had to bail... :ph34r:

I do have to say that I woke up better than I thought I would, but still pretty hung over. But the awesomeness of the day was totally worth any hangover!

It was good to meet a couple of you at the Taphouse when you crossed paths with the Canberra crowd. FWIW, we had a great day too. I may just beat you on the drinking front though syd_03, not that it matters.

Wig & Pen
Kiwi in a Pouch - Pint
On the Bus
Homebrewed Cal Common - Schooner
Homebrewed Saison - Half
Homebrewed Porter - Schooner
Malt Shovel Brewery

Sundowner Lager - half
Amber Ale - half
Golden Ale - half
Pilsner - half
Redoak
Nutter - half
IPA - half
Schwartz
Summertime - schooner
White Rabbit - half
Taphouse
90ml samples of Punch & Judy, Small Acres Cyder, Mikkeller Amarillo, Red Hill Wheat, Red Hill Hop Harvest, Trumer Pils, Budvar, LCPA, Hoegaarden and 5IBC Bulli Black
Feral Hop Hog - pint
Flying Dog Horn Dog - schmiddy
A beery, foody banquet of sorts
Lord Nelson
Old Admiral - pint
Hart's Pub
Rocks 1809 Pale - pint
Bridge Road Chestnut Pilsner - half

At this point we tried to get into the Lowenbrau and were turned away by an overzealous bouncer.

It was good to meet a couple of you at the Taphouse when you crossed paths with the Canberra crowd. FWIW, we had a great day too. I may just beat you on the drinking front though syd_03, not that it matters.
[b

Haha indeed, good to see new faces always. I wasn't claiming any drinking records though (as I said I'm a lightweight), plenty others in our group would easily have drunk pints of all I had.
Just listing the variety that was aroound on the day.

Back