2010 Ahb Sydney Pub Crawl

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And if that's not enough beer, here are the LN beers

Quayle Ale 4.2% alc/vol.
Summer Ale - A gentle balance between pilsner malt and saaz hops. A warm weather quaffer. Pale gold in colour.

Trafalgar Pale Ale 4.0% alc/vol
English Bitter - Malty and dry on the pallet with emerging bitterness and hop flavours. A great session ale. Gold in colour.

Three Sheets 4.9% alc/vol.
Australian Pale Ale - Delightfully balanced malt, overtones of herbaceous hop characters, citrus flora's and aromas. Medium Gold in Colour. (now available in 330ml bottles)

Victory Bitter 5.0% alc/vol.
Extra Special Bitter - Malty with caramel overtones. Generously hopped with Fuggles for a spicy bitter finish. Amber in colour.

Old Admiral 6.1% alc/vol.
Old Ale - Our strong, full bodied malt driven ale has hints of caramel, balanced with generous hop bitterness. Red with black highlights. (now availble in 330ml bottles)

Nelson's Blood 5.0% alc/vol.
Robust Porter - Espresso and dark chocolate flavours dominate. Rich and creamy with a smooth roasted finish. Black with red highlights.

I wonder if the Victory Bitter is for all those drongos who come in and absently order a Vic Bitter. I'd pour them one and take their money!

BTW any 'expert' decisions on the starting grounds ? who's gonna step up and take command?

As with all AHB pub crawls, we are not lead bleekly like sheep to the slaughterman's knife, rather we are a living and breathing consensus of intelligent men and women making informed and enlightened decisions. When we cannot concur, as usual the loudest and biggest people will take control. Schooey and I do not take this leadership role lightly, in fact it has been a long time since either of us took anything lightly. Verily I say, we will fall on anyone who stands in our way. We probably will have no choice but to fall. Who is likely (or indeed, will want to) catch us. Those behind us will see the benefit of this plan, if they can see over the top of the scrum that will form.

And since when was an expert decision considered part of a pub crawl. We are all expert, just some are more expert than others.

Lowenbrau for breakfast, The Lord Nelson at elevenses.

fool_i_pity_them.jpg

Fatz, we dont need any stinkin reservation (not for 9am). And tell em to get some Maibock !

Train leaves Newy at 5.22 am, Cardiff at 5.42, Gosford at 6.49am, Central at 8.11am... Agenda from there for me will be something like this;

Lowenbrau for brekky
Lord Nelson for a chat to the admiral
Harts Pub for lunch
Belgian/s for some glassware
Macquarie for the interesting taxi ride with redbeard and weizguy
Tap House for a nightcap

and back on the 9.15pm train home or a late night lamb sandwich and a beer at the Central bar if I miss it and home on the 10.15pm. I'm sure others will have other plans like previous crawls, but we still all tend to meet up in the middle somewhere... Should be a good day out in country :beer:

I'd be in for a few but won't be around until later - early evening, sounds like you should all be easy to spot by then?! :party:
Is there an itinerary or a contact person for on the night? Hopefully time it for the Rocks as any excuse to visit the Nelson..

woohoo, breakfast at the lowenbrau!

Will there be light-beers?
:D

Bjorn

Fatz, we dont need any stinkin reservation (not for 9am). And tell em to get some Maibock !

Ah, me harty, I love those fighting words. Tis grand to be a pirate!

PirateWenches.jpg

We'll make the wenches find us Maibock!

The breakfast Maibocks were a highlight last year, I will be disappointed if they dont make a show this crawl.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there, regardless.

cheers
Andrew.

I've got a bit of a dilemma. My friend is having her 30th birthday party on the same day and I'm supplying a keg for that. Might bring the gf to the first hour or so for a breakfast Maibock and a sneaky Old Admiral and then head down to the party after that.

It'll probably be a bit of an ask to get back into town after the party, but if I can talk a couple of guys into it, we might join up again later on.

As a second generation glass thief (my Mum was a shocker), I will offer a prize of 6 brand new badged Paddy's Brewery glasses to the person who aquires the most beer glasses on this years crawl. A photo for proof is all that will be required.
Have fun
Gerard

The offer still stands, no plastic will be counted.
Have fun
Cheers
Gerard

Hey Guys,

While I will be on the Canberra Brewers crawl and not with you guys for breakfast. I have just noticed that May is Pure Bier month at the BBC. Thus they have some special beers on including Hofbrau Maibock on tap and Thurn und Taxis Roggen in bottles. For more info check out purebier.com

Cheers.

What time is the pub crawl starting?
4 or 5 of us from the Northern Beaches Brew Club are starting to discuss when to lace up.
Is breakfast on, or are we meeting up later?

Being a light-weight I won't be around all day, hoping to drop by for a couple of hours of quality beers and to meet some new brewers. If I have any more I won't find my way home, a sure way to end up in trouble :)

thanks
Bjorn

What time is the pub crawl starting?
4 or 5 of us from the Northern Beaches Brew Club are starting to discuss when to lace up.
Is breakfast on, or are we meeting up later?

Being a light-weight I won't be around all day, hoping to drop by for a couple of hours of quality beers and to meet some new brewers. If I have any more I won't find my way home, a sure way to end up in trouble :)

thanks
Bjorn

The crawl starts when the the first drinker arrives at the Lowenbrau ! Sounds like Schooey and the Maibock Hunters will be there about 8.45am so I'll hazard that will be when the mob starts forming. The Lowenbrau has german sausage and pale eggs from memory and a few punters have been known to put the nose bag on while there. My train won't hit Central until after 9.00am so I won't be there until around 9.30am ish. Anyone coming around 11.00am best head straight to the Lord Nelson. After noon, look towards Harts for the lunchtime sessions.

Schooey, We'll be getting on the train at Hornsby but probably the one after yours.

Looking forward to it.

MD

I think I'll be joining you 'gentlemen' at Harts for lunch. I don't really see how any of this will end well, but at least I'll get some good glasses out of it.

I think I'll be joining you 'gentlemen' at Harts for lunch. I don't really see how any of this will end well, but at least I'll get some good glasses out of it.

Draggin' the plastic pints out now for you guys .... :icon_cheers:

Got a few workmates coming along for the crawl too.
They're pretty good guys... and love Hefeweizens, but at the risk of being kicked off here forever, I've told them to behave themselves or i won't bring in any more hb samples to work.

Draggin' the plastic pints out now for you guys .... :icon_cheers:
So, you're trying to mess up our competition being run by Gerard?

Where's the luv in that?

The offer still stands, no plastic will be counted.
Have fun
Cheers
Gerard

BTW, have been advised that the Maibock is on from the 24th May. Can we put the pub crawl back until then? :lol:

Latest posts

Back