2009 Qld Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll keep one in the swap for Browndog as well, might be helpful down the track a bit eh Tony.
Nanna nap helped, now able to type :rolleyes: .
Should be just enough time to pickle some eggs as well.

What a shame it's not glass CB? :( ;)
I could have given my CPBF a real tryout?
Test Number two (In glass) --- 14 days & counting & all good. :super:

TP

Pete have you got a pick of your CPBF. I have had a look at andrews thread on it but I think I need to see one in action to grasp the concept and get the visual of how to construct one??

Brad

I have been trying to contact GravityGuru by PM and phone. Am a little concerned he may have fallen off the planet.Luke had thrown out the olive branch to give me a lift. With this in mind i am looking for a back up plan regarding a lift from Brissy Airport. Rock in at 12.30pm on the Saturday from Adelaide. Being so close to the swap and 2,000k's or so from home I just want to cover all my bases. Have not been to Brissy since Expo88 and I reckon things would have changed a little.

GravityGuru, if you are out there hope things are OK :unsure:

Back Yard Brewer

BYB, let us know what happens as we could be able to sort you out, you wont be left stranded.. ;)

CB

Pete have you got a pick of your CPBF. I have had a look at andrews thread on it but I think I need to see one in action to grasp the concept and get the visual of how to construct one??

Brad

Hey Brad, Andrews now comes in around the $80 mark to make, really was going to do his when I saw $56 to make but obviously some of the fittings have gone up in price, I have locked in the 1 Ross has for $99 complete to buy.... The one Ross has is the same as Morebeer sell in the US and the Video Tutorial looks good enough for me... ;)

CB

I have been trying to contact GravityGuru by PM and phone. Am a little concerned he may have fallen off the planet.Luke had thrown out the olive branch to give me a lift. With this in mind i am looking for a back up plan regarding a lift from Brissy Airport. Rock in at 12.30pm on the Saturday from Adelaide. Being so close to the swap and 2,000k's or so from home I just want to cover all my bases. Have not been to Brissy since Expo88 and I reckon things would have changed a little.

GravityGuru, if you are out there hope things are OK :unsure:

Back Yard Brewer

Young GG is alive and well, and lives about n minutes from airport where n is a small number, was down at his place on Sat. and picked up a fridge, he and Mrs GG have been on a wee trip to the Sunshine Coast so prolly off the forum for a day or so. Keep PMing him, he doesn't live on the forum like many of us but is dead reliable. You should be ok.

Tidal Pete and I will be in that location about midday but have to get to Ross before 1 pm for Pete to pick up an order. However we could double back to pick you up no problems and could be your backup as plan B. FYI Ross and Airport are about 20 minutes apart on opposite sides of the river but freeway all the way no probs.

BribieG

Hey Brad, Andrews now comes in around the $80 mark to make, really was going to do his when I saw $56 to make but obviously some of the fittings have gone up in price, I have locked in the 1 Ross has for $99 complete to buy.... The one Ross has is the same as Morebeer sell in the US and the Video Tutorial looks good enough for me... ;)

CB
Yeah mate have been looking at the SS jobies that Ross has but they have been not in stock for a while. I have used a picnic tap with a bottle filler tube thingy and beers have stayed ok for a few days in the fridge. my trials are limited because I am a child with no patience and cant leave things for an extended time..

Brad

Yeah mate have been looking at the SS jobies that Ross has but they have been not in stock for a while. I have used a picnic tap with a bottle filler tube thingy and beers have stayed ok for a few days in the fridge. my trials are limited because I am a child with no patience and cant leave things for an extended time..

Brad
Mate, they are back in stock and Im submitting my order tonight... I need it for my Barleywine plus others id like to Keg, Gas then Bottle.... ;)

:icon_cheers: CB

Young GG is alive and well, and lives about n minutes from airport where n is a small number, was down at his place on Sat. and picked up a fridge, he and Mrs GG have been on a wee trip to the Sunshine Coast so prolly off the forum for a day or so. Keep PMing him, he doesn't live on the forum like many of us but is dead reliable. You should be ok.

Tidal Pete and I will be in that location about midday but have to get to Ross before 1 pm for Pete to pick up an order. However we could double back to pick you up no problems and could be your backup as plan B. FYI Ross and Airport are about 20 minutes apart on opposite sides of the river but freeway all the way no probs.

BribieG

I would call myself a reasonable judge of character. Spoke by phone with GG when I booked my flights and as you said he sounded to me like the reliable type. But it is still comforting to know there maybe a plan "B" out there.

Cheers :icon_cheers:

Back Yard Brewer....

CB

Brad & Jody,

I was really wrapped in Andrew's CPBF but my pricing of the fittings at CraftBrewer was similar to yours CB & I was very disappointed to see a price rise so soon after Andrew's post. :(
I worked out that the $20 or so saved by not buying the bits & pieces on the new prices was not a real saving anyway as by getting the MoreBeer CPBF through CraftBrewer allowed me the luxury of the ss pressure relief valve included in the aformentioned as well as a 3-way ss ball valve (Very hard to come by) on top but with probably giving the same results as Andrew's efforts?

No affiliation etc whatsoever & I can't send working pics Brad as I don't own a video cam but the ones below will have to suffice.

TP
CPBF_1.JPGCPBF_2.JPG

I bloody well hope you appreciate my latest efforts re bumping up the Swap post counts Pistol? I'm only doing it for you.
muhahaha-0021.gif

Another long time between drinks. :party:

TP

You de man Pete!!!!

We all better have a beer tonight and tost a speedy recovery for Tony. It would be a huge disspointment not to see him :( .

Rest up Tony!

TidalPete and I will be in that location about midday but have to get to Ross before 1 pm for Pete to pick up an order. However we could double back to pick you up no problems and could be your backup as plan B. FYI Ross and Airport are about 20 minutes apart on opposite sides of the river but freeway all the way no probs.
BribieG

:super: No worries at all if need be.

TP

Shit Browny, I was looking forward to the catchup...only ever get to do it every 12mnths... :(

Unfortunatly I will be pulling out of the actuall swap, as I have yet to get a brew down, and I f%cked up my payment to CB for my Hops and yeast..

But I will still be grabbing some oysters on the way up :D

If a few can grab a couple of box's of bread mix, then Bonj and I will make bread for the oven.. ( Um...Bonj..you are going to help me make bread...to late to say no :p )

Yoy're very immature young aren't you Troydo?
Never met you yet but I'm sure I will. ;) :beer:

TP

we have met pete, at a swap once... must be the alzheimer's .. ;P

and definatly not the youngest round here, even if i look it :D

will be sussing out some scollops from my seafood guy, i reckon 20min in the smokerwith butter and procuito, half shell, wat do yous reckon?

we have met pete, at a swap once... must be the alzheimer's

and definatly not the youngest round here, even if i look it

It really must be the Alzheimer's Troydo as I really do forget a one-off meeting years ago. :(
I'll look for the youngest-looking immature bloke there & all you've got to do is look for the old fart.:lol:
You're way in front mate. :icon_cheers:

TP

Sorry about my low post count to the thread in recent days but I have developed a new hobby - crashing computers and re-installing Vista. Top fun!

The best bit is reading the Swap thread on my little Apple lap-top whilst Vista tumbles around in the background. Some bloody funny stuff written here in the last few days.

Never got to send those PMs Sqyre due to the above.

BTW, the mystery guest I tried to arrange was Darren. He couldn't make it. Sorry about that!

Pat

Thanks for the sentiments guys, if I can con one of my mates to lend a hand I'll try and get my swap case done for Ben and Liam to take. I'd really still like to turn up but can imagine the shit I'll cop from the Dragon will be baddd.....

cheers

Browndog

If you don't turn up, I am telling on you. I don't know who to but it will be very bad for you - worse than the dragon :angry:

Vista install aborted at 12:20am Perth time. I hate Vista!!!!!

Guess what though? Only two people are online?????

Now back in the old days at this time..........

Shit Browndog that sux big time ( pun intended) .. allways look forward too a chat with you ... hope all is now welll and wish you a speedy recovery from surgery ...

I hope Gavo is still around I had planned too visit him thursday arvo for a little warm up sesh....

hope my ute will be in action by next wednessday to get me dropped in Kans....

Cheers

Back