2009 Qld Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not looking good jlm

sexy-hitchhiker-girl.jpg

looking at the list looks like only 20 brewers upto date and attending at this point ... come on guys cough up ....

you should know by now if your in or out ...

I got the prawns yesterday ...

not long now ...

Yeh, Cough up.... :unsure: As my Signature says..................... :beerbang:

Payment made, I'll certainly be coming :)

Just crash chilling my case swap beer, a nice Brown Ale with 1469. Lovely malt aromas with slightly less toffee than some. Being bottle conditioned, anyone without a culture of 1469 will now have one (if you're man enough to be part of the swap that is!). This is my first brew with 1469 and must say that I'm impressed. Not many things live up to the hype that surrounds them but I'm now brewing my own variant of a Landlord Ale just because this one has turned out so nicely!

Has anyone given a InCider a nudge? Is he busy working the streets at night or just neglecting us? :(

Will be making my payment on Monday... the old fashioned way (still haven't set up internet banking.... I'm so lazy)...

I'll most likely be heading down from The 'Roy early on the sat, aiming for a set off time of around 8-8:30. Will be heading down via Kilcoy, onto the Bruce at Caboolture, then down the Gateway or Pacific Motorway to Craftbrewer to pick up grain, then down to Sqyre's. Anyone needing a lift PM me if you're not too far off the beaten track....

Cheers

Got my tight arse into town and bought 30 more PET bottles. Today I bottled 30 bottles of Budvar that went down @1.040 on Monday 31st Aug and were racked and gelatined on Saturday 26th Sep and have been CCing till today. It's nice and clear ad tastes as good as the first half of this batch I have kegged. I have asked the gurus in the past if you can bottle after CCing and gelling and the consensus was yes. See how much they carb up in the next 28 days I suppose.

I'll most likely be heading down from The 'Roy early on the sat, aiming for a set off time of around 8-8:30. Will be heading down via Kilcoy, onto the Bruce at Caboolture, then down the Gateway or Pacific Motorway to Craftbrewer to pick up grain, then down to Sqyre's. Anyone needing a lift PM me if you're not too far off the beaten track....

Cheers

Have you got your electronic toll thingy yet Nick? If not, you may be better off travelling over the Story Bridge & out along Ipswich Road (No tolls). The Brissy blokes may be able to advise you better here?

TP

There is no basket anymore. Just little electronic thingy.

Or you could put some coins in the little basket.
No baskets anymore henno... You have to go electronic or do the dial them up and pay the toll in advance or 36 hours after your "pass".

Aaarh yes, I remember hearing about this crap now. So how if I end up driving myself down for this event do I just tootle across the bridge and get a bill or do I need to get the credit card out before I go down in case they take away my birthday?

Thanks guys, have had an e-toll for pretty much the entire time I've been in QLD. Makes it so much faster and quicker (assuming no farking traffic jams!), and more direct on a trip like this :)

Henno - believe you will be sent a bill in the post (about 40% higher than having an e-toll, or go-via, or whatever the hell they've renamed it!!!), they take a nice photo of your number plates I think!

Cheers

Thanks guys, have had an e-toll for pretty much the entire time I've been in QLD. Makes it so much faster and quicker (assuming no farking traffic jams!), and more direct on a trip like this :)

Henno - believe you will be sent a bill in the post (about 40% higher than having an e-toll, or go-via, or whatever the hell they've renamed it!!!), they take a nice photo of your number plates I think!

Cheers

Like I said you can always go over the Story Bridge, along Ipwich Road, left into Beaudesert Road then cut across country to CraftBrewer.
I have my electronic thingy. :super: So much better than stopping to hand over the cash.

TP

Henno & others,

Forgot to mention that you may still have time to get your E-Toll go via account if you feel so inclined? It took about 2 weeks for mine to arrive after I registered & paid up on their website. Depends on how inundated they are ATM I guess?

TP

Henno,

they take a snapshot of your number plate and you have 3 days to pay via the interwebz and it is no more expensive than if you had the beeper. any later they fine you though. Also you can nominate a time frame beforehand that you will be passing through it and it will automatically debit your card.

Cheers

Sully

Morning after DUI won't be a problem for me TP, I'm staying at Sqyre's for the following week.

Back