2009 Qld Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just in case the swap numbers spike I kegged my swap beer today (which I'd made to keg, not bottling quantity) and will brew 23l worth of swap beer tomorrow.

Updated Beer description

1. NickB + 1 Keg shaped vessel for consumption.
2. Chappo - Wheat Rye I have been working on!
3.Scoundrelrogue (Green bullet Ale, winkles brew day and my 1st AG)
5. Chappo - Grape Ape Rye IPA + keg of Summer Ale + Stout
6. Stillscottish - Scottish 80/ + keg of same (and bring yer soddin' pipes ya big jessie)
7. kram - beer... maybe
8. Troydo NFI + keg
9. Browndog - number 9 number 9 number 9 number 9 ale
10.winkle - 9-Rounds-Rapid Triple (ready to drink by Xmas) + keg of Galaxian PA
11. FROGMAN Banana Wheat Beer. + Keg.
12.AndrewQLD - Coopers Sparkling Ale
13.jlm- + a keg
14. Bradsbrew- ESB or Stout
15. Gavo - Bastardized Dogwood Pale.
16. Daemon - NFI yet
17. Henno - some kind of beer
18. GravityGuru - Powderkeg GB
19. Fatgodzilla - Dragon Ale (red, smoky, hot!)
20. Clean Brewer(T.B.C) "Leftovers A.I.P.A" or "4/8 A.I.P.A" + a keg for consumption
21. Ducatiboy Stu - Beer
22. Sully + ESB swap + a keg of sumthin..
23. BribieG Coopers Stout Toucan 9% Headbanger Niggajuice + keg SuperLandlord

Bruce, I've just got netbanking on my account again after bank changes so I'll xfer money tomorrow.

Haven't had time to read all the posts here but as self-elected official QLD Swap Thread Post Counter I am disappointed to see that with over 50 attendees we haven't seen 1000 posts yet. WTF?

Gone are the good old days when we could copy and paste the attendee list, get it wrong and then post it again :(

And I see the annual PET versus Glass debate only took about 100 posts up. What is the world coming too? Where is InCider?

I have even failed dismally myself recently in upping the post count here. What am I doing?

In order to redeem myself, I am going to re-open the PET/Glass debate :)

Here is why PET bottles will always rule at the QLD Swap (but we should spend at least 200 posts in next year's thread arguing about this because it contributes greatly to the post count which is all that really matters :D )

1. Health and Safetey: I didn't just get a sliced hand (I get them every day in my work - three stitches just last week!) but nearly lost an eye from a glass bottle at the Swap. I didn't drop this bottle or tap it against anything, it just blew up in my hand and one bit of the glass flew just past my left eye at bullet speed. Even though my left eye is already blind, it would have put a big dampener on the day if that one had been impaled. Let's not let the Sqyre's be subjected to this possibility. (The brewer who brewed that beer was very experienced as well.) For this reason alone, it should be beyond debate.
2. Transport & Storage: Transporting PET bottles is lighter (especially if you are getting on a plane) and more uniform. Also no exploding bottles in cars, planes or houses.
3. Quality: See my next post... (PP building the post count ;)

Just had some visitors so I'll do the quality post later or tomorrow...

Spot!

Well Pat, I decided as a cost saving measure this year to abandon my usual suppliers of PET bottles and import mine direct from china, sure they are made for radio active used underwear and DDT saturated carrots, but they are cheap - only 0.05 cents each (cost excluding, transport, customs, bribes & agents fees). :blink:
Where is InCider or his sister these days?

Where is InCider or his sister these days?

She's fine she has just been a little busy washing the dust off me car!

Bikini-Carwash-Babe-93.jpg

Haven't had time to read all the posts here but as self-elected official QLD Swap Thread Post Counter I am disappointed to see that with over 50 attendees we haven't seen 1000 posts yet. WTF?

Gone are the good old days when we could copy and paste the attendee list, get it wrong and then post it again

And I see the annual PET versus Glass debate only took about 100 posts up. What is the world coming too? Where is InCider?

I have even failed dismally myself recently in upping the post count here. What am I doing?

In order to redeem myself, I am going to re-open the PET/Glass debate :)

Here is why PET bottles will always rule at the QLD Swap (but we should spend at least 200 posts in next year's thread arguing about this because it contributes greatly to the post count which is all that really matters :D )

1. Health and Safetey: I didn't just get a sliced hand (I get them every day in my work - three stitches just last week!) but nearly lost an eye from a glass bottle at the Swap. I didn't drop this bottle or tap it against anything, it just blew up in my hand and one bit of the glass flew just past my left eye at bullet speed. Even though my left eye is already blind, it would have put a big dampener on the day if that one had been impaled. Let's not let the Sqyre's be subjected to this possibility. (The brewer who brewed that beer was very experienced as well.) For this reason alone, it should be beyond debate.
2. Transport & Storage: Transporting PET bottles is lighter (especially if you are getting on a plane) and more uniform. Also no exploding bottles in cars, planes or houses.
3. Quality: See my next post... (PP building the post count ;)

Just had some visitors so I'll do the quality post later or tomorrow...

Spot!
PET I agree with completely.

Actually stuff it, I'm bottling all my tallies in glass and calling the beer Wrenny. 1kg dex bulk primed should do it. Thank me later :icon_chickcheers:

The list has been updated with confirmed attendees, so far we are at 20 confirmed.. :icon_cheers:

Please remember guys i need payment by the 1st of November to confirm your attendance..

Sqyre... ;)

PET I agree with completely.

Actually stuff it, I'm bottling all my tallies in glass and calling the beer Wrenny. 1kg dex bulk primed should do it. Thank me later :icon_chickcheers:

Kram,

You have a wicked sense of humour!! :icon_cheers:

mossy

Just mashed in for a batch of my Wolf Creek IPA for the swap, it's achievements are

1st QABC08
2nd AABC08
3rd QABC09

Hopefully this batch will be the best yet.

cheers

Browndog

Just mashed in for a batch of my Wolf Creek IPA for the swap, it's achievements are

1st QABC08
2nd AABC08
3rd QABC09

cheers

Browndog

Browndog,

Pick me to help you drink it....

Cheers,

mossy

Vonromanz has also had to pull out.
I have taken him off the attendee list.

Sqyre..

Browny,

What none left over?

Oh well, I'll just have to brew my own.

Cheers,

mossy

Well, if the numbers stay under 24 there will be a taster or two to be had mate ;) I had a profound moment when I realised this morning that my case swap beer has 300g of hops in it :eek:

1st QABC08
2nd AABC08
3rd QABC09

cheers

Browndog

Yo! BD :icon_drool2:

Sooooo i have been thinking that maybe to add some spice to the festvities we could maybe have a ride on mower race? Wadya reckon boys?

D020.jpg

@rooky BTW up here we consider InCiders sister as pretty average :rolleyes:

Looks quick, probably needs a seatbelt for Ross ;)

yeah girls like that around here get thrown to the goats with the spent grain, they practically grow on trees.
01_girl_with_bare_tits_climbing_on_tree.jpg :icon_drool2:

Back