2009 Qld Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sqyre $30 sounds more than reasonable.

I have a double wood fired spit if you need it?

Well I've thought long and hard about the case swap beer and I've made my mind up on a Roggenbier.

'ere the recipe

Recipe: Flaming Zepplin RoggenBier
Brewer: Chappo
Asst Brewer: DeeJay
Style: Roggenbier (German Rye Beer)
TYPE: All Grain
Taste: (35.0) A dunkelweizen made with Rye rather than wheat with a fuller body. A fine rye note with a rich malty character.

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 21.00 L
Boil Size: 29.73 L
Estimated OG: 1.048 SG
Estimated Color: 27.8 EBC
Estimated IBU: 16.9 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 75.00 %
Boil Time: 90 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
3.20 kg Rye Malt (9.3 EBC) Grain 63.15 %
1.36 kg Pilsner (2 Row) Ger (3.9 EBC) Grain 26.84 %
0.45 kg Caramunich Malt (110.3 EBC) Grain 8.88 %
0.06 kg Carafa II (811.6 EBC) Grain 1.12 %
25.00 gm Tettnang [4.50 %] (90 min) Hops 14.7 IBU
9.00 gm Saaz [4.00 %] (15 min) Hops 2.2 IBU
2 Pkgs Weihenstephan Weizen (Wyeast Labs #3068) Yeast-Wheat

Mash Schedule: Double Infusion, Full Body
Total Grain Weight: 5.07 kg
----------------------------
Double Infusion, Full Body
Step Time Name Description Step Temp
30 min Protein Rest Add 9.51 L of water at 55.6 C 50.0 C
60 min Saccrification Add 8.47 L of water at 90.0 C 67.0 C
10 min Mash Out Add 8.70 L of water at 99.9 C 77.0 C

For the keg prolly a hop monster?

@Sully I agree with the boys Choc Choc Stout didn't leave any enemies behind...

Cheers

Chappo
Good work Chappo, I was just going to line up my least worst recipes and go eene, meane, minee, mo - yo da ho, sucker.

Edit: $30 is fine, can probably get hold of a heavy gas/electric spit if you are doubling up :eek: .

Sounds like a great deal Sqyre, where does the Pig come from??? I could make a few enquiries with some old Wholesale Meat suppliers that I use/d to use!!!! B)

Also, ATM up here, I can get 5kg Boxes of Cooked King Prawns(Local) for about $16 a kg or some real nice BIG Green King Prawns for a good price too... We have a walk-in freezer that I could keep them in, the prices will only go up as Summer comes.... Id be happy to Spot them for now and get fixed up at the Swap from the $$ per head???

:icon_cheers: CB

Sounds like a great deal Sqyre, where does the Pig come from??? I could make a few enquiries with some old Wholesale Meat suppliers that I use/d to use!!!!

Also, ATM up here, I can get 5kg Boxes of Cooked King Prawns(Local) for about $16 a kg or some real nice BIG Green King Prawns for a good price too... We have a walk-in freezer that I could keep them in, the prices will only go up as Summer comes.... Id be happy to Spot them for now and get fixed up at the Swap from the $$ per head???

CB

I will keep you the short dial list CB...
normally Mr Bunyip from The North and Far QLD brings about 10kg+ with him... (He's a Hairy Angel with a Big Package)... umm..thats Prawns... :unsure:
But we will see how things pan out...closer to the date...

As for the Pig.... i guarrentee you could find better than me.... i just go to the butcher with the out-of-date price list...
If you can do better... let us know... Its all for a good cause... US! :D
Sqyre... :icon_cheers:

No worries mate, Ill make a couple of Enquiries on the Pig anyhow mate.... ;)

No worries mate, Ill make a couple of Enquiries on the Pig anyhow mate.... ;)

Thanks Mate, ;)
The way we are going we may need the prawns too as last year we pollished Neds load off easy...(that didnt sound good... <_< )
and I i think he got stung for excess bagage on his flight down last time...

Sqyre...

And in the food department I will have a bit of a surprise this year, I won't be firing it up till after 10pm so you blokes better make sure I don't got too hard too early lol..

cheers

Browndog

Thanks Mate, ;)
The way we are going we may need the prawns too as last year we pollished Neds load off easy...(that didnt sound good... <_< )
and I i think he got stung for excess bagage on his flight down last time...

Sqyre...

Mate,

Ill grab some anyhow hey?? They are nice and always go down a treat... ;) 10kg? If you watched "Airways on TV last night" some guy got slugged an extra $120 for an extra 8kg Baggage, theyd be expensive Prawns in that case....
And in the food department I will have a bit of a surprise this year, I won't be firing it up till after 10pm so you blokes better make sure I don't got too hard too early lol..
Will it be "Muff" :ph34r: Sorry, just put "Suprise" & "10pm" & "Dont go to hard too early" together...

you [blokes] better make sure I don't got too hard too early lol..

I used to say that to my old girlfriend when she'd consider wearing this great white spandex top just before we were heading out to dinner.

Sorry, am I on topic? :huh:

cheers

Browndog

I have heard "RUMOURS" of a "CHILLE BONG" with "Acid Chaser" floating around..... :huh: ...
The ASSTERMINATER.... *sissssssssssssssssssssssssss...PLOP*

ewwwwww....

Sqyre... :eek:

I used to say that to my old girlfriend when she'd consider wearing this great white spandex top just before we were heading out to dinner.

Sorry, am I on topic? :huh:

thats the shortest post ever old son... :lol:
Cant wait to catch up... (neither can Mrs Sqyre..she's been using the "Patlube300" you sent her.. I'm not sure what that's all about... :unsure: )
Anyhooo.. be great to catch up!! :super:

Sqyre...

Mrs Sqyre..she's been using the "Patlube300" you sent her.. I'm not sure what that's all about... :unsure: )

If she won't tell you what it is about then all I can suggest is that you tell her to stick it up her....

Hold on, I am behind a post or two :)...

Brucey, I just got back from an Ag College reunion in Sydney. Man, I can't imagine what a combined ag college reunion and QLD Swap would be like. I reckon I would truly die laughing.

I am hanging to have a beer with you mate and a little something else with Mrs Sqyre. It's been way too long :angry: and, of course, the QLD Brewer's breeding cycle needs to get back on track.*

Building the post count,
Pat

* This sentence does not imply or accept responsibility for any illegitimate children currently living now or born within 9 months and three weeks of the abovementioned swap. Any enquiries regarding this should be directed to PistolPatch_MakeHimPay.com

Just reading back through the thread and what do I see?

Duff and Fatgodzilla are attending as well!!!!!!!!!

Man, this is going to be a top Swap :super:

(3 posts in a row I know* but still building the post count,)
Pat

*That is the best of news though.

Pat any change of ya sneeking Katie and Lloydie in ya hand luggage?

Chappo

Katie is always trying to sneak her hand in my luggage Chappo but Lloyd always stops her.

Never worked out why myself?

I'll ask them on Saturday as I am having dinner with them. I know they were keen but their wedding is on a week or so after the Swap so I think that might count them out.

Are you going to bring a sister or perhaps your wife who wouldn't mind handling a little baggage from WA?

Yours in anticipation,
Patch.

Katie is always trying to sneak her hand in my luggage Chappo but Lloyd always stops her.

Never worked out why myself?

I'll ask them on Saturday as I am having dinner with them. I know they were keen but their wedding is on a week or so after the Swap so I think that might count them out.

Are you going to bring a sister or perhaps your wife who wouldn't mind handling a little baggage from WA?

Yours in anticipation,
Patch.
Mrs Chappo is quite keen considering your reputation and rave reviews from Mrs Sqyre but wants to know if your luggage is more like an army duffle bag or a Gucci handbag?

Mrs Chappo is quite keen considering your reputation and rave reviews from Mrs Sqyre but wants to know if your luggage is more like an army duffle bag or a Gucci handbag?

More like an army duffle bag with the bottom worn & rusted right through the bottom. :lol:
Goodonya Patrica long time no meet. :( :icon_cheers:

TP

Don't listen to my old friend TP. We will deal with him on the night. (Miss you TP!)

In answer to your question, I think it is probably cross-bred. Just tell her that, like an army duffle bag, it'll hold anything and like a Gucci handbag, women always want more.

Tell your wife, sisters, female cousins and in-laws.

Please?

I'm wondering if it's possible to do a bulk pork vindaloo in a Birko 40L urn? Element needs a bit of a de-scale. :)

Annual leave application has been submitted (I usually work weekends)

Latest posts

Back