2009 Qld Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BribieSan said:
Annual leave application has been submitted (I usually work weekends)

Brilliant - someone who finally speaks English!!

Brilliant - someone who finally speaks English!!

Weee ah divvent knaa aboot that me bonny lad, ah taak English like me mam and me da laarned us at hyem, but ye mob from ower the wraang side of the Pennines are a wee bit hard tee unnerstand.

Two Geordies at the case swap... check!

from Wikipedia... said:
...mercenaries employed by the Ancient Brythons to fight the Pictish invaders after the end of Roman rule in Britannia in the 5th century, the Angles, Saxons and Jutes who thus arrived became, over time, ascendant politically and - through population transfer from tribal homelands in northern Europe - culturally over the native British. The Anglo-Saxon Kingdoms that emerged during the Dark Ages spoke a mutually intelligible Old English, though each would have varied in dialect. Thus, in northern England, dominated by the Kingdom of Northumbria, was found a distinct 'Northumbrian' Old English dialect. Old English, or Anglo-Saxon, is the forebear of Modern English; but while the modern dialects of most other English regions have been much changed by the influences of other foreign languages, Norman-French and Norse in particular, the modern dialects of Northern England (including Geordie), remain closer to the sounds and words of the 'Northumbrian' Anglo-Saxon dialect, thus featuring many characteristics of Old English lost in Standard English.

Ha way man, ah hope wuh sha the natives ha tuh drink.

I will keep you the short dial list CB...
normally Mr Bunyip from The North and Far QLD brings about 10kg+ with him... (He's a Hairy Angel with a Big Package)... umm..thats Prawns... :unsure:
But we will see how things pan out...closer to the date...

As for the Pig.... i guarrentee you could find better than me.... i just go to the butcher with the out-of-date price list...
If you can do better... let us know... Its all for a good cause... US! :D
Sqyre... :icon_cheers:

Looking at the list, I will have to get a lot more oysters this year.. :icon_drool2:

Bruce, $30 is a fine price for one of the best days/nights on my social calendar.

If I can get my rusty burner working, I'll bring the BBQ again for the breakfast fry-up.

Cheers - Snow.

Two Geordies at the case swap... check!

Ha way man, ah hope wuh sha the natives ha tuh drink.

I was born in Sunderland Scruffy, does that make three ? why aye man.

cheers

Browndog

I can't remember and i couldn't be botherd looking back through the post but..
I wanna chuck out a Welcome aboard to Fatgodzilla who will also be joining us on the day...
Just like DB Stu, He has also offered to bring along some Oysters on the day... :party:

Snow - Cheers for the BBQ offer i reckon will be needing it!!!

Sqyre...

I wanna chuck out a Welcome aboard to Fatgodzilla who will also be joining us on the day...
Just like DB Stu, He has also offered to bring along some Oysters on the day... :party:

Sqyre...

tah Brue, but if DS is supplying oysters I'll bring some smoked fish instead.

Did I read yonks ago that the Qld case swap must be in those Coopers PET bottles ?

Did I read yonks ago that the Qld case swap must be in those Coopers PET bottles ?

Yes...PET Coopers Bottles...This has been made law at this swap meet, so dont bother arguing...

Due to the GFC, 2L Aldi PET bottles are now required.

Note to new comers and swap virgins..

Please dress appropriately .

ReggieTFE_PAPhiTLA_080914_D024.jpg

Back