2009 Qld Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Righto Brisbane brewers, Jetstar threw on a sale today and the flights are booked.

I'm arriving at 11.45am into Brisbane on the Saturday :super:

Anyone heading by the airport at that time?

I'm on my way to the swap :party:

Righto Brisbane brewers, Jetstar threw on a sale today and the flights are booked.

I'm arriving at 11.45am into Brisbane on the Saturday :super:

Anyone heading by the airport at that time?

I'm on my way to the swap :party:

Should be passing by about then, can make a detour. If duff takes a seat that leaves another 2 on offer from Gympie or pickup on the way through. Get on board and book your seats brewers.

Screwy

Should be passing by about then, can make a detour. If duff takes a seat that leaves another 2 on offer from Gympie or pickup on the way through. Get on board and book your seats brewers.

Screwy

Hey Screwy,

Ill take a Tentative seat mate, Ill travel to yours in Gympie mate and go from there.. (all going to plan <_< )

CB :icon_cheers:

Put me down as a tentative final seat Screwy - might drive yet but we shall see. If anyone else desperately wants the spot, please feel free.

Cheers

Hey Screwy,

Ill take a Tentative seat mate, Ill travel to yours in Gympie mate and go from there.. (all going to plan <_< )

CB :icon_cheers:

Done Cb

Put me down as a tentative final seat Screwy - might drive yet but we shall see. If anyone else desperately wants the spot, please feel free.

Cheers

Nick, replied to a PM from Batz to confirm, could fit 5 at a squeeze but it is a 3hr trip. Will keep you posted.

Screwy

I really should get a grip and decide on the Swap Beer recipe (I'm dithering over 3 ATM), but rest assured it'll be Belgian and Strong. The keg will be something not experimental this year, possibly self-propelled :icon_cheers: .

Is it rue that QLD will still only accept DC3's into their airscpace... :lol:

Come on, still vacancies on the swap list, Andrew's that keen he's doing 2 batches :p .

Come on, still vacancies on the swap list, Andrew's that keen he's doing 2 batches :p .

I dont think my beers would meet the standard as yet... maybe next year.

Wouldn't be fair swapping one of my dodgy arsed brews for some of the Serious Brewers beers.

Wouldn't be fair swapping one of my dodgy arsed brews for some of the Serious Brewers beers.

How about an "A.R.A"???? Dare you.... :lol:

:icon_cheers: CB

I may put one in yet, I try to be a serious brewer... :unsure: What is a serious Brewer Sully? :rolleyes:

FFS sake Sully HTFU and brew ya Choc Choc Stout and put it in the swap. How many people have enjoyed that one.....fckn heaps. Well I did, it didnt last long at all.

Brad

+1
And nowt from Manshed as normal :rolleyes: .

Its been a while since i last clicked on the AHB link... :unsure:
welcome aboard Duff... :super:

Jezus... Not long now untill the swap.. Its gunna be a biggun..
Hopefully with the Swine flu contraversy we can get some cheap Pig.. ;)

Sqyre...

Is 26 the cap on the swap, thinkin of adding myself to the swaplist, and when can we start sending the covercharge through Sqyre.

Cheers Brad

Its been a while since i last clicked on the AHB link...
To much Facebook for you Sqyre.. :ph34r:
Jezus... Not long now untill the swap.. Its gunna be a biggun..
Hopefully with the Swine flu contraversy we can get some cheap Pig..
2 Pigs???? :huh:

Is 26 the cap on the swap, thinkin of adding myself to the swaplist, and when can we start sending the covercharge through Sqyre.

Cheers Brad

Firstly... i'm gunna have to work out what the cover charge is... :blink:
I'm thinking $30 this year as i know i wont be able to get a Pig as cheap as last year...They have like doubled in price..
I got last years 35kg whole pig for $5.85 a kg... and the Butcher lost like 50c a kg because he didnt read his Pork chart properly.. "Quotes a Quote"

The last few years we have almost broken even with $25..if it wasn't Vet bills for the Chooks and Goats.. (thats you Sean)

Lets make it $30 this year and will invest it into the usuall requirements of Nibblies, Pig, Seafood and Breakfast...and shit Paper...
Unfortunatly i only have 1 spit... but i hope to have mastered my Yank-style Woodfired Slow Cooker by then..

All in favor say "eye"... especially you Campbell...

Sqyre...

P.s.- if there are any Hog farmers out there that have a spare 35kg suckling Pig they can sell me cheap.. PM me... ;)
(i'd love to see that riding shotgun on the trip here.. :lol: )

P.s.- if there are any Hog farmers out there that have a spare 35kg suckling Pig they can sell me cheap.. PM me... ;)
(i'd love to see that riding shotgun on the trip here.. :lol: )

Next year perhaps Sqyre, bloke I work with is packing up and farming saddlebacks up north (Organic farming from data/home theatre/domestic automation, a natural progression....). Has assured me I will be looked after once he's up and running.

Sqyre $30 sounds more than reasonable.

I have a double wood fired spit if you need it?

Well I've thought long and hard about the case swap beer and I've made my mind up on a Roggenbier.

'ere the recipe

Recipe: Flaming Zepplin RoggenBier
Brewer: Chappo
Asst Brewer: DeeJay
Style: Roggenbier (German Rye Beer)
TYPE: All Grain
Taste: (35.0) A dunkelweizen made with Rye rather than wheat with a fuller body. A fine rye note with a rich malty character.

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 21.00 L
Boil Size: 29.73 L
Estimated OG: 1.048 SG
Estimated Color: 27.8 EBC
Estimated IBU: 16.9 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 75.00 %
Boil Time: 90 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
3.20 kg Rye Malt (9.3 EBC) Grain 63.15 %
1.36 kg Pilsner (2 Row) Ger (3.9 EBC) Grain 26.84 %
0.45 kg Caramunich Malt (110.3 EBC) Grain 8.88 %
0.06 kg Carafa II (811.6 EBC) Grain 1.12 %
25.00 gm Tettnang [4.50 %] (90 min) Hops 14.7 IBU
9.00 gm Saaz [4.00 %] (15 min) Hops 2.2 IBU
2 Pkgs Weihenstephan Weizen (Wyeast Labs #3068) Yeast-Wheat

Mash Schedule: Double Infusion, Full Body
Total Grain Weight: 5.07 kg
----------------------------
Double Infusion, Full Body
Step Time Name Description Step Temp
30 min Protein Rest Add 9.51 L of water at 55.6 C 50.0 C
60 min Saccrification Add 8.47 L of water at 90.0 C 67.0 C
10 min Mash Out Add 8.70 L of water at 99.9 C 77.0 C

For the keg prolly a hop monster?

@Sully I agree with the boys Choc Choc Stout didn't leave any enemies behind...

Cheers

Chappo

You've got a bloody HERMS worth more than my house ..and you aint a serious brewer yet ????

Sully .. get in there man !

Back