2009 Nsw Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Gulpa
2. Bizier
3. Thommo
4. barls
5. Pollux
6. nifty
7. Retsamhsam
8. Fatgodzilla
9. Gruntus
10. MaestroMatt
11. Troy Dack
12. WeaselEstate
13. Vitalstatistix
14. Josh
15. Syd_03
17. Davelovesbeer
18. Hewy
19. Megs80
20. mrs eyres

Thanks to Vitalstatistix for the bottles and Syd_03 for sharing some of his last case swap. Looking forward to being a part of this swap.

:icon_cheers:

what's with the PET no love??? :huh:

Cheers :beer:

Thanks. I'm p*issed off with myself for putting in a beer that was substandard - I guess I rushed it. We're expecting a baby in December, so I'm probably going to be short of time around the next case swap as well, and I don't want to rush it again.

If I've got my sh*t together, and I've got a good beer (and there's still a free spot) I shall join back in.

Cheers,

Jon

Don't be too hard on yourself, I was merely trying to be firm so that everyone submitting beers uses a hydrometer. I sincerely look forward to your offering if you re-enter.

Congrats on the upcoming addition to your family Jon.

Dan

Don't be too hard on yourself, I was merely trying to be firm so that everyone submitting beers uses a hydrometer. I sincerely look forward to your offering if you re-enter.

Congrats on the upcoming addition to your family Jon.

Dan

Dan , I hereby accept your non offer to be the non appointed case swap beer nazi for this and the next few swaps ! Till you can find someone to pass it onto next year. The official medallion and t shirt is in the mail ! :beerbang:

signed .. Fatgodzilla, past NSW Case Swap self appointed case swap beer nazi .

As my farewell benedictum, I regugitate prior advice on NSW Case Swaps.

To any case swap virgins and potential new swappers - I say it again .. we don't expect the perfect beer in a case swap, just your best effort. (unless you are that good that anything other than perfect is just not acceptable .. eemmmm - I don't care if its kit, extract or AG, if its the best you can do, it is what I want to see ! By trying your best you have made the ultimate gamble - putting your best beer up for judgement to a bunch of blokes with barely any idea (flame suit on .. but I can take the heat). And you will learn, improve.. and have a bit of fun in the scheme of things.

Tasting note .. Number 10 Grantw's Belgium ale. Fluuuk, that's good. Doesn't come across as an 8% brew - drinks real easy. Best lunchtime drink I've had today !

Time for a nanna nap ...

Olympic_Torch.jpg

Can't help myself, i'm a swap whore...

1. Gulpa
2. Bizier
3. Thommo
4. barls
5. Pollux
6. nifty
7. Retsamhsam
8. Fatgodzilla
9. Gruntus
10. MaestroMatt
11. Troy Dack
12. WeaselEstate
13. Vitalstatistix
14. Josh
15. Syd_03
16. Muggus
17. Davelovesbeer
18. Hewy
19. Megs80
20. mrs eyres

As this swap doesnt seem like it will be full, does anyone the swap nazi mind if I take another slot. My brother hasnt been able to brew much this year because of work so I am doing him a batch for xmas. Thought it would be even better if it was a mixed lot (and it might convince him to join future swaps).

Im thinking some sort of experimental Belgian :)

cheers
Andrew.

As this swap doesnt seem like it will be full, does anyone the swap nazi mind if I take another slot. My brother hasnt been able to brew much this year because of work so I am doing him a batch for xmas. Thought it would be even better if it was a mixed lot (and it might convince him to join future swaps).

Im thinking some sort of experimental Belgian :)

cheers
Andrew.

As the former case swap nazi, I would have said NO WORRIES .. I can't imagine Bizier saying otherwise !

Should we start thinking of possible dates for this one soon? Just so we all have a 'finish' line to aim for.....not to mention the need to block out a day to meet. :)

Maybe we could incorporate a brewday into it?

Yeah, a date would be handy.....

My hopbursts tend to lose alot of character as time passes and I want to try to line up the date with the perfect drinking point...

Fellas,

I managed to talk my misses into it. I'm on fire at the moment. Wish I knew what I'd done right...maybe I'm just finally wearing her down.

But if Barls really wants it, or if Castle Hill is not favourable for people, or if the day I'm available is not good for the majority, then I'm not going to get offended. I'll check with Em and see what dates are good for us and if that suits the majority then we can go from there.

Cheers,
Thommo.

Thommo .. any ideas of a DATE ?

ps - Thinking aloud .. the Castle Hill Beer Show is on the 21st / 22nd November and Stuster is looking for helpers. Thinking VERY MUCH ALOUD HERE , what if we organise the swap on one day of the show. Not only do we swap our brews, we help the judges by being the stewards (important but simple job). Swap in the morning at Thommo's and visit the show in the arvo ? Or something like that ?

I was leaning towards 1st weekend in December. I'll check with the Mrs and the calendar about the November weekend for the Castle Hill show. The hall where the judging is usually held is literally a ten minute walk from my place.

Stu,
What time are you planning on starting the judging?

Checked with the misses, and we're in Newcastle that weekend for her friends 30th. If you want to stick with that date it'll have to be at Barls' place again.

Alternatively, I've got the 5th December free ATM. How does that sit with everyone?

I was leaning towards 1st weekend in December. I'll check with the Mrs and the calendar about the November weekend for the Castle Hill show. The hall where the judging is usually held is literally a ten minute walk from my place.

Stu,
What time are you planning on starting the judging?

Missed this one, Thommo. Probably around the 10 o'clock mark I'd say.

So it's back to your place after the judging's finished. ;)

Checked with the misses, and we're in Newcastle that weekend for her friends 30th. If you want to stick with that date it'll have to be at Barls' place again.

Alternatively, I've got the 5th December free ATM. How does that sit with everyone?

Case Swap 5th December at Thommo's place - Castle Hill.

Now I know this won't suit everyone, for instance, the IBUs are planning a Real ale Fest in Wollongong for the same day. However being a Xmas swap, no weekend in December will suit everyone. If you know now you can't make it, start planning collectors and drop offs.

Right, now that we have a date I can plan my brew day......

I'm going to say now that it is unlikely I will have the day off work, but you never know....

I was brewing yesterday and remembered I still had the cube of English Pale(??) from the july swap day in the garage. So I chucked it in the fermenter along with some Aussie Ale yeast. Should make for an interesting combination, I will bring a few bottles of it along to the swap in december..

I was brewing yesterday and remembered I still had the cube of English Pale(??) from the july swap day in the garage. So I chucked it in the fermenter along with some Aussie Ale yeast. Should make for an interesting combination, I will bring a few bottles of it along to the swap in december..

I can't remember what cube I took home but fermented with US 05 a couple of months ago and it was, shall we say, ordinary. I'll see what it tastes like tonight and hopefully age will improve it.

Latest posts

Back