2009 Nsw Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im sure i can find some fruit to chuck in yours besides still havent heard any feed back on the ginger beer yet from you or the mead.

im sure i can find some fruit to chuck in yours besides still havent heard any feed back on the ginger beer yet from you or the mead.
<_<

Apart from the ginger beer, I can't remember whether I've opened a bottle from the swap - kind of put them aside and been too busy to drink them. Liked the ginger one for what it was worth - drank it with a chinese meal I cooked so very appropriate to the meal.

Apologies to anyone waiting on my reviews - I'll go fridge a few now and get back to you ! Besides, my reviewing style aint anything worth waiting for !

Did anyone who took a cube home from Damo's place ferment it yet ? I fermented mine down a week ago using US 05 and though it was underwhelming from the fermenter, think it may be okay with aging. Will bring along to Xmas case swap if drinkable.

<_<

Apart from the ginger beer, I can't remember whether I've opened a bottle from the swap - kind of put them aside and been too busy to drink them. Liked the ginger one for what it was worth - drank it with a chinese meal I cooked so very appropriate to the meal.

Apologies to anyone waiting on my reviews - I'll go fridge a few now and get back to you ! Besides, my reviewing style aint anything worth waiting for !

Did anyone who took a cube home from Damo's place ferment it yet ? I fermented mine down a week ago using US 05 and though it was underwhelming from the fermenter, think it may be okay with aging. Will bring along to Xmas case swap if drinkable.

I used 1056 too. Havent tried it yet though. Was in fermenter for 6 weeks :ph34r:

just put it in a cube so ill bottle when i get back at the end of november.
so ill see you all in december then as i sail on friday.

No worries, Good luck mate and see you in december

Right, I seem to have hit a problem, I don't actually have 28 empty glass longnecks with a volume of 750/800ml.....

Does anyone know where I can easily grab some without having to purchase them filled with commercial beer? Yet to find a HBS that stocks them, only 660ml, which I discovered today is the size of the Bavaria bottles I have here..

Ahem... I think your Marrickville brethren might be able to sort you out mate.

might be able to help you ill have a look tomorrow to see what i have out there.

Right, I seem to have hit a problem, I don't actually have 28 empty glass longnecks with a volume of 750/800ml.....

Does anyone know where I can easily grab some without having to purchase them filled with commercial beer? Yet to find a HBS that stocks them, only 660ml, which I discovered today is the size of the Bavaria bottles I have here..

POLLUX: I have recently got my kegging system [mostly] together and am about to get rid of a crap load of bottles. Let me know how many you want and I could probably drop them over on my way to work or something.

As for the rest of the bottles, I am planning on feeding them back through freecycle, so if anyone else out there wants them, let me know.

POLLUX: I have recently got my kegging system [mostly] together and am about to get rid of a crap load of bottles. Let me know how many you want and I could probably drop them over on my way to work or something.

As for the rest of the bottles, I am planning on feeding them back through freecycle, so if anyone else out there wants them, let me know.

Hi Andrew,

Im getting a little short on longnecks. I could take a few if you have them

Cheers
Andrew

Would be happy to help take surplus bottles off anyone :icon_chickcheers:

I mostly keg now, so I really only need some for the case swap

Would be happy to help take surplus bottles off anyone :icon_chickcheers:

I mostly keg now, so I really only need some for the case swap

I got a few batches to bottle and caseswap on top of that, so I will see how many are left over, if any.
A case of coopers longies will get you half way if your get desperate, plus they come with free beer :icon_cheers:.

Where in the beaches are you?

Cheers Jason.

I got a few batches to bottle and caseswap on top of that, so I will see how many are left over, if any.
A case of coopers longies will get you half way if your get desperate, plus they come with free beer :icon_cheers: .

Where in the beaches are you?

Cheers Jason.

ha, yeah, good point!! I am in Forestville (for some reason still considered northern beaches!), work down the road from you in Macquarie Park.

Wow, awesome collection of offerings...

Seeing as though you are probably the closest Andy, I'll take you up on the offer. Fire me a PM to let me know when it suits you..

If anyone wants bottles, I have heaps to give away. I live in Marrickville so if this is convenient for pickup, PM me and I will give you the address.

Cheers,
AG.

Come back jonw.

Thanks. I'm p*issed off with myself for putting in a beer that was substandard - I guess I rushed it. We're expecting a baby in December, so I'm probably going to be short of time around the next case swap as well, and I don't want to rush it again.

If I've got my sh*t together, and I've got a good beer (and there's still a free spot) I shall join back in.

Cheers,

Jon

Thanks. I'm p*issed off with myself for putting in a beer that was substandard - I guess I rushed it. We're expecting a baby in December, so I'm probably going to be short of time around the next case swap as well, and I don't want to rush it again.

If I've got my sh*t together, and I've got a good beer (and there's still a free spot) I shall join back in.

Cheers,

Jon

That's the spirit Jon. Life is all about priorities. :icon_cheers: And family comes first.

Latest posts

Back