2009 Footy Tipping

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Done Grant!

The last few weeks of the season have been pretty hard to pick with all the upsets so I reckon you did extremely well to take this years tipping out. :icon_cheers:

Me and Drunk_Chappo (loser <_< ) will be send ours soon. I'll be sending you a Roggenbier or maybe Rye APA not sure yet? See which one is nicer out of the fermenter. And god knows what Drunk_Chappo will be sending you, probably something butterscotchy or bandaidy, I take no responsibility for his at all, Ok! I'm only sending his with mine because he is illiterate, completely forgetful, a socal reject and generally a complete tosser.

Cheers

Chappo

The first Bottle arrived today in one piece, that's speedy posting Damien44.

cheers

Grant

I'll have a look at what is in the cupboard and send one off soon...
Might depend on what I have in plastic, otherwise I'll bottle one off the keg...

Watching Paramatta triumph tonight reminded me that I've only received one bottle so far!

Send em quick boys or I will start posting imaginary reviews that may compromise your brewing skill, masculinity, shirt size, hair line, religion, educational achievement, car driven, and preferred yeast.

"Ma funger is on the button" ( to quote a certain '80's president)

cheers

tipping comp winner

grantw

Watching Paramatta triumph tonight reminded me that I've only received one bottle so far!

Send em quick boys or I will start posting imaginary reviews that may compromise your brewing skill, masculinity, shirt size, hair line, religion, educational achievement, car driven, and preferred yeast.

cheers

tipping comp winner

grantw

It's been a little while since I visited AHB.

Congrats on the win Grant. Another few rounds & it might have been a different story :p

Anyhow will send off something in the next few days.

Keep us posted on the brews.

Send em quick boys or I will start posting imaginary reviews that may compromise your brewing skill (have none) masculinity (100% aussie man, hairy and all) shirt size (small circus tent size) hair line (50 and with more hair than most) religion (Catholic and proud of it), educational achievement (only 12 years to get a degree !) car driven,(for frig sake you drive a Peugeot) and preferred yeast (none of that lambic bullshit stuff)

grantw

Doubt you can say anything about me that hasn't been said here before :rolleyes:

Owe you 3 bottles from Lucas Traynor (my son) Liam Carey (his mate) and self. Reckon my credit is good for a few weeks more. Will drop some bottles around in a couple of weeks when next in town. Leave your garage doors unlocked so I can raid your beer fridge !

Now the rest of you bludgers, pull your fingers out and send the man the beer you committed yourself to !

Ian

Doubt you can say anything about me that hasn't been said here before :rolleyes:

Owe you 3 bottles from Lucas Traynor (my son) Liam Carey (his mate) and self. Reckon my credit is good for a few weeks more. Will drop some bottles around in a couple of weeks when next in town. Leave your garage doors unlocked so I can raid your beer fridge !

Now the rest of you bludgers, pull your fingers out and send the man the beer you committed yourself to !

Ian

I've started kegging now, so if your quick you may get to taste my Munich Helles.

cheers

grant

I've started kegging now, so if your quick you may get to taste my Munich Helles.

cheers

grant

ha .. if you come home from work and see this drunken lug asleep underneath the beer tap, you'll know I've gone to Helles and back (again and again !)

Posted mine off today. My Hazelnut Brown.
Well wrapped and in plastic but it is bottle conditioned so let it sit for a time in the fridge after it has had the Australia Post treatment...

well done Grant - I have only been back in the country for a few days - so apologies for the delay. I should get a bottle off to you in the next few days.

Cheers,

Brendo

PS... Go STORM...

Cheers Brendo,

In honour of the grand final, I cracked the only beer I have so far received

Damien44's Pilsener

Pours a pale straw colour with a bit of haze, fluffy white head persisting. Noble hop aroma, medium mouthfeel on a lowish carb, and definite bitterness balanced out by clean malt flavour. Overall impression is crisp and refreshing, finishing dry and satisfying bitter. A very nice beer. Thanks

cheers

Grant

Posted mine off today. My Hazelnut Brown.
Well wrapped and in plastic but it is bottle conditioned so let it sit for a time in the fridge after it has had the Australia Post treatment...

Arrived today, safe and sound.

cheers

Grant

Bconnery's Hazelnut Brown

Pours a lovely brunette, topped with a firm head, aroma is of hazelnut and some laid back malt sweetness. Flavour follows the aroma, with the hazelnut fronting a complex malt base, some darker fruit notes and slight alcohol apparent - finishing dry with noticeable bitterness. Very nice. Quite enjoyed it BC, thanks for sending it.

I'm not very familiar with the hazelnut flavouring process, how do you do it? Is it some kind of flavour extract added to the wort or something in the mash?

So far, Damien44 and BConnery's are the only beers I have received. Now, promises received and heart attacks, notwithstanding, two beers is a bit disappointing. Man up gentleman!

cheers

grant

Pours a lovely brunette, topped with a firm head, aroma is of hazelnut and some laid back malt sweetness. Flavour follows the aroma, with the hazelnut fronting a complex malt base, some darker fruit notes and slight alcohol apparent - finishing dry with noticeable bitterness. Very nice. Quite enjoyed it BC, thanks for sending it.

I'm not very familiar with the hazelnut flavouring process, how do you do it? Is it some kind of flavour extract added to the wort or something in the mash?

So far, Damien44 and BConnery's are the only beers I have received. Now, promises received and heart attacks, notwithstanding, two beers is a bit disappointing. Man up gentleman!

cheers

grant
It is an extract which is added at kegging. If you were bottling you could use secondary to add it...

cheers

grant
Back in the country and will get your beer out asap Grant.

Maybe the APA which scored okay at AABC.

Back