2009 Footy Tipping

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to hear from you fellas,

This is my work address

Attn Grant White
PO Box 57
Campbelltown NSW 2560

cheers

grant

Ill get one in the post on Monday, I dont like people not paying up, this slipped my mind.... :unsure:

:icon_cheers: CB

No worries CB, seems to be the trend though, just dropped in on the AFL tipping thread and Cozmo has only got 4 bottles so far.

Cheers

grant

Apologies, Grant, but I will honour my debt.... I just haven't had anything worthy to send you in a bottle. I brewed for the first time since May this last weekend, so as soon as I have a bottle of Topaz Aussie Imperial Pils ready, it'll be headed your way...

Dr gave me the all clear for having a few beers and doing a bit more physical stuff from last Friday. Bottled beers over the weekend and packaged them up through the week.

Yours went off today, enjoy your winnings Grant.

Screwy

Dr gave me the all clear for having a few beers and doing a bit more physical stuff from last Friday. Bottled beers over the weekend and packaged them up through the week.

Yours went off today, enjoy your winnings Grant.

Screwy

Cheers Screwy,

Good to hear your on the mend.

grant

Thanks Screwy,

A bottle of Choc treacle stout arrived this morning safe and sound. Nice lable BTW.

cheers

Grant

Sorry Grant - mine is finally going in the post today - life has kinda gotten in the way recently.

You have a bottle of my Knappstein clone coming your way... not exactly Knappstein, but a beer I am pretty happy with nonetheless and a real summer smasher.

Enjoy!!

Brendo

Thanks Screwy,

A bottle of Choc treacle stout arrived this morning safe and sound. Nice lable BTW.

cheers

Grant

How's it going Grant, how many bottles have you received and have you enjoyed your spoils?

Cheers,

Screwy

How's it going Grant, how many bottles have you received and have you enjoyed your spoils?

Cheers,

Screwy

I'm glad you asked,

Sampled your choc treacle stout on the weekend and found it to be very good. My notes are at home but from memory it had a nice dark body, tan head, aromas of dark malt, hints of choc and unrefined sugar. Flavours had a nice balance of malt and choc bitterness finising dryish over some late appearing yeast flavours. Quite a complex drop. Very tasty.

I think that brings the count to 4 received and 6 promised. At this rate I'll still be drinking them when the tipping starts next year.

cheers

grant

Grant,

I really don't know what to send you... as you know I was away for 3 months and in that time no bottles have been kept in any good storage, I wouldn't be happy sending you anything at home right now.

My first brew since returning was for the NSW Xmas Case swap. The next brew I make will be a Hefeweizen if you're interested in that?

Sorry, but it just got too hot in the house to store any decent brews in the house while I was away. Also the reason I'm not surprised my three entries in the AABC scored worse than at the NSW Comp.

First casualty arrived today all the way from Victoria from Brendo. I thought it was a broken bottle, but it seems only the lid had come off :huh: , faint aroma of nelson sauvin in the carboard. Oh well....

And Josh, I'm rather fond of hefeweizen :icon_cheers:

cheers

grant

First casualty arrived today all the way from Victoria from Brendo. I thought it was a broken bottle, but it seems only the lid had come off :huh: , faint aroma of nelson sauvin in the carboard. Oh well....

And Josh, I'm rather fond of hefeweizen :icon_cheers:

cheers

grant

bugger mate - it was a knappstein clone. Must have got well hot as the ones at home are fine.

Sorry mate!!

Brendo

Sent you a bottle of Brass Knuckle Imperial Porter today, Grant. I bottled it off tap, so hopefully it has enough carb when it gets to you, not that it needs that much. Enjoy and congrats... :beer:

Sent you a bottle of Brass Knuckle Imperial Porter today, Grant. I bottled it off tap, so hopefully it has enough carb when it gets to you, not that it needs that much. Enjoy and congrats... :beer:

Cheers Schooey, I'll keep an eye out. :)

Hey Schooey,

bottled arrived today. Will get it in the fridge asap.

cheers

grant

:).. Thanks for letting me now, Grant. Hope you enjoy it

Have you had a crack at it yet, Grant? Just curious how it held up after the trip and what you thought of it?

My apologies Schooey,

I have and it was awesome. It must have knocked me around some as I thought I had posted the review already.

The notes say - Pours dark with a hazelnut coloured head, nutty, spicy, malt aromas, nice vinous notes, dark plums. Carb was low to medium low, languid mouthfeel, smooth and creamy. Flavours were dark and malty, with some complex sherry like notes giving over to roast bitterness on the finish. Awesome.

No idea what the abv was, couldn't taste any alcohol - but it was just such a big beer. Really enjoyed it.

cheers

grant

Back