2008 Nsw Xmas Case

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

+2

The last case swap was my first. It's rewarding to get some feedback from your brewing peers. I suspect everyone here is going to put in their best beer - otherwise they wouldn't bother participating. Last time round most of the beers were AG, but there were a couple of kits too. The vast majority were very good - take a look at the tasting notes thread, and you'll see a whole lot of encouraging feedback and constructive criticism. I encourage you to get involved.

... and for my 2c, I'd really like to see everyone submit a single beer i.e. brew enough for everyone to get a bottle. It was dissappointing to find that I didn't get a bottle of a beer that was getting very positive feeback. I'd also like to see every bottle filled to somewhere close to the top. I had a short measure or too last time.

Cheers,

Jon

Phew, just scraped in.

1. Josh
2. DK - McDK's Scottish 80/- - 9C. Scottish Export 80/- -
3. Stuster
4. Fatgodzilla
5. nifty
6. monkeybusiness
7. DiscoStu
8. jonw
9. Grantw
10. Cortez The Killer
11. Crozdog
12. Schooey
13. Kabooby
14. Retsamhsam
15. Thommo
16. Muggus - Schwarzbier or Weizenbock... the tough decisions in life!
17. Tony - The Sheep Shagger II (hope you like hops!!!)
18. Insight
19. Gulpa
20. Redb
21. Steve - Tonys EKG Bitter with my own twist
22. Beer Slayer
23. Homebrewworld
24. Hewy
25. PoMo
26. MCT

Have you seen fatgodzlla? You should be scared. :ph34r:

I had the same quality concerns last case when calls for good beer were made. I'll reiterate the general consensus from last time which is: just do your best.

If people are here and are taking the effort to research and get involved in case swaps they are probably making pretty good beer already so yours should be no exception. Sure some beers and brewers are better than others but this is the beauty of case swaps.

Of course if it's infected that's another story....

(mind you, I've managed to even learn a bit from the occasional infected/funny tasting beers I've had in swaps so there is good in everything)

Phew... I was worried for a second that people werent going to like my Tooheys new clone :ph34r:

Never done a case swap, so I guess it's time.
But what to brew...

I'll add my name to the list and work it out!

if anyone is after bottles, I there will be several crates available at the Scout hall in Ashbury after the State come this weekend.

Drop me a PM if interested otherwise they'll get recycled cause i have no room for em at my place.

Have you seen fatgodzlla? You should be scared. :ph34r:

I had the same quality concerns last case when calls for good beer were made. I'll reiterate the general consensus from last time which is: just do your best.

If people are here and are taking the effort to research and get involved in case swaps they are probably making pretty good beer already so yours should be no exception. Sure some beers and brewers are better than others but this is the beauty of case swaps.

Of course if it's infected that's another story....

(mind you, I've managed to even learn a bit from the occasional infected/funny tasting beers I've had in swaps so there is good in everything)

MB is right. Just do your best. The education is worth it. As a brewer, Ive found case swaps to be one of the most educational experiences going.

cheers
Andrew.

Scared of FGZ............ why?

He's not scary.

I will aggree with FGZ on a count or 2

Make it sooner than later and then you can try it to make sure its ok. I have learnt this myself.

im going to brew mine in the next few weeks to have it gassed, matured and ready to go when you get home on swap day.

And brew enough to fill the bottles to the top.......some were only half full last time.

cheers

Are we any closer to a date for the swap?

Cheers

Well, traditionally it's either the last weekend in November or the first weekend in December. But, it's also probably a good idea if we work out who's going to host it first so they can have a say in which weekend it's going to be. So, anybody going to offer to host twenty odd brewers for a couple of hours. :lol:

(It does traditionally mean that the traditional host gets left some traditional extra bottles, so it's not all bad. :D )

Les has grabbed the last spot. All 28 places spoken for.

Looking forward to it gents.

Les has grabbed the last spot. All 28 places spoken for.

Looking forward to it gents.
Thanks, Thommo. Much Appreciated.

In...by the skin of my teeth. Has the list been updated.

BTW, I'm home safe and well.
Trev, I only had 18 minutes to wait for the train. Unfortunately, it was the same length of wait for the ferry when I got back to Newie.
The water is still shin-deep in the swamp.

Les.......... two things.......

Glad you made it in the swap and move to higher ground!

cheers

Les.......... two things.......

Glad you made it in the swap and move to higher ground!

cheers
I'm glad I made it to the Swamp too, and I'm on higher ground now, in the house (2.4m off the damp ground).

Gonna have words with the council tomorrow...w@nkers! :angry:

I hear there is some nice land at Minmi for sale if your thinking of relocating

ill just add myself since there appears to be spots open if not dibs on a sub
1. Josh
3. Stuster
4. Fatgodzilla
5. nifty
6. monkeybusiness
7. DiscoStu
8. jonw
9. Grantw
10. Cortez The Killer
11. Crozdog
12. Schooey
13. Kabooby
14. Retsamhsam
15. Thommo
17. Tony - The Sheep Shagger II (hope you like hops!!!)
18. Insight
19. Gulpa
20. Redb
21. Steve - Tonys EKG Bitter with my own twist
22. Beer Slayer
23. Homebrewworld
24. Hewy
25. PoMo
26.barls

That's an old list, barls. The real, up to date one is in the Articles section. I've put you down as first reserve.

1. Josh
3. Stuster
4. Fatgodzilla ..Aussie Roadkill Ale .. a meaty, blood red mess of a brew. Not for the weak stomached !
5. nifty
6. monkeybusiness
7. DiscoStu
8. jonw
9. Grantw - Belgian Blonde Ale
10. Cortez The Killer
11. Crozdog
12. Schooey
13. Kabooby
14. Retsamhsam
15. Thommo
17. Tony - Belgian Rye Dubbel - 50% Rye, 3787, 1.070
18. Insight
19. Gulpa
20. Redb
21. Steve - Tonys EKG Bitter
22. Beer Slayer
23. Homebrewworld
24. Hewy
25. PoMo
26. MCT
27. Matt n AJ
28. Les

Reserves
29. barls

cheers stu i was looking back through the thread but that was the last one i found

Latest posts

Back