2008 Nsw Xmas Case

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm keen to give a swap a go (never been involved before).

Only problem is I have no bottles at all. Does anyone know of a good source of 30 or so bottles without having to drink a lot of poor quality commercial beer...

I'll leave my name off the list until I know I can secure some bottles.

Benniee

Your local tip / recycling centre should have plenty of longnecks for free. Don't be proud to scab .. I get all my case swap bottles from the local tip !

16. Muggus
Put my name down on the Wiki.

I thought i'd missed out already when I saw the thread being 2 pages long! :huh:

Well after the bugger of a trip to sydney and back (i hate sydney), my wifes GPS trying to send me to Mt Isa and those bloody tolls, i almost swore i wouldnt do it again.

But the beers have been really nice...... top notch actually, so guess i will put my name down again.

Might brew a christmass beer. made one a year or 2 ago and it was tops, lots of spice ect and a belgian yeast!

Might just brew something simple.

See what happens.

cheers

PS........ the beers are much better now too :)

1. Josh
2. DK
3. Stuster
4. Fatgodzilla
5. nifty
6. monkeybusiness
7. DiscoStu
8. jonw
9. Grantw
10. Cortez The Killer
11. Crozdog
12. Schooey
13. Kabooby
14. Retsamhsam
15. Thommo
16. Tony

Tony, I have added you to the wiki as number 17.

I'm in again, #18.

Im in again. Too good to miss.

Ive already been thinking what to do this year. AIPA. Maybe, likely. If I dont stuff it up.

Bennilee. Just sign up and worry about details later. You will miss out otherwise.

cheers
Andrew.

Thanks insight..... forgot about that bit.

cheers

1. Josh
2. DK
3. Stuster
4. Fatgodzilla
5. nifty
6. monkeybusiness
7. DiscoStu
8. jonw
9. Grantw
10. Cortez The Killer
11. Crozdog
12. Schooey
13. Kabooby
14. Retsamhsam
15. Thommo
16. Tony
17. Beer Slayer
18. Homebrewworld

I missed the last one due to a mix up of dates. (On my part)
I always look forward to a little surprise for Christmas.
Looking forward to it.
:beer:
BS

If its ok with my courier (Stuster) .....i'll be in.
Cheers
Steve

Ive updated the Wiki. Having two lists is probably not a good idea. List now looks like.

1. Josh
2. DK
3. Stuster
4. Fatgodzilla
5. nifty
6. monkeybusiness
7. DiscoStu
8. jonw
9. Grantw
10. Cortez The Killer
11. Crozdog
12. Schooey
13. Kabooby
14. Retsamhsam
15. Thommo
16. Muggus
17. Tony
18. Insight
19. Gulpa
20. Redb
21. Steve
22. Beer Slayer
23. Homebrewworld

Ahhhh no shows hey

we might get all the bottles turn up this time round

Now that I think of it, I haven't even finished off the beers from the last swap!
Gotta get my ass into gear before and free up some more longies!

yeah me too.

its after lunch...... time to start. :)

cheers

Hahaha keen as always eh Tony?

To be honest all I have left from last swap James' Porter...
But I managed to double up on Stu's Tripel, Gav's English Brown and my own Porter. I'm gonna be a bit sad to see the last bottle of my porter go actually!

Been doing some serious thinking of what to brew. I dont want to make something normal.......... because thats just not me :)

Earlier today i found a stash, containing a half dozen bottles of the Sheep Shagger. Put one in the fridge and drinking it now.

Its as hoppy as as a week old APA i tell ya, smooth, crisp, pleasantly bitter and still hazy from all the hops :p

So my mind is made up........... im making the sheep shagger!

I dont have any Golden Promise that the origional was made from but i will work out a good compramise.

I have the 4 hops required in stock....... in flower form!

Ooooooooo you beauty, more sheep shagger!!!!!!!!!

This will be the first time i have made a beer twice! I always swore i wouldnt but this is so good it will be the exception.

cheers

Been doing some serious thinking of what to brew. I dont want to make something normal.......... because thats just not me :)

Earlier today i found a stash, containing a half dozen bottles of the Sheep Shagger. Put one in the fridge and drinking it now.

Its as hoppy as as a week old APA i tell ya, smooth, crisp, pleasantly bitter and still hazy from all the hops :p

So my mind is made up........... im making the sheep shagger!

I dont have any Golden Promise that the origional was made from but i will work out a good compramise.

I have the 4 hops required in stock....... in flower form!

Ooooooooo you beauty, more sheep shagger!!!!!!!!!

This will be the first time i have made a beer twice! I always swore i wouldnt but this is so good it will be the exception.

cheers
If the last one is anything to go by, then I look forward to Sheep Shagger the 2nd! :icon_drunk:

Might tune it up a bit....... nothing is perfect and everything can be improved on!

cheers

Decided i'll be making Tonys EKG Bitter :icon_drool2:
Cheers
Steve

P.S. The recipe was slightly altered as the first time I made it I didnt have everything. Made it 3-4 times now and its a bloody winner.

Back