You're Not A Real Homebrewer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when you can't walk past almost any shop to see if anything they sell might be handy in some way for your brewery.

Oh yeah. This one is me. SWMBO gave me the dirtiest look a while back when I declared (still in the shop) that her new large cast iron casserole would be suitable for making partials with.

till you drive past peoples hard rubbish collection, slow down to see if theres anything brewing/brewery related.

unless you? ;)

Spend far more money making it (after equip purchasing and freight) than what it would be to buy it from a commercial brewery, but drink your own brew by preference (even when its a bit off/not right/watery/overcarbed/undercarbed/hopped to the hilt/nowhere near style/or worst of all "cloudy") as it is something that you have created (often with help) and sit back with a contented grin on your face as you do so ;)

Spend far more money making it (after equip purchasing and freight) than what it would be to buy it from a commercial brewery... but convince yourself you're actually saving money.

Ftfy.

...have fooled a die-hard commercial beer drinker into thinking your beer was their sacred drop.

when you can't walk past almost any shop to see if anything they sell might be handy in some way for your brewery.

HBS, shop, asian groceries, op-shop, council collection piles, dump , Aldi catalogue etc etc etc...

unless you leave the fermenter tap open on more than one occassion.

Your mum makes your beer.
My mum's a massive teetotaller (alcohol is evil blah blah blah), but she used to make an awesome ginger beer.
From what she told me, she's a veteran in the bottle bomb area!
I must make that recipe someday, mainly to see if it was alcoholic.

Found it.....plus the panniers and top box had specialty malts as well...95kms from Grain and Grape to home

not real till you have done...

pics_005.jpg

Latest posts

Back