You're Not A Real Homebrewer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You walk up to the bottle shop counter with one Stubbie of CPA and the the guy says with smile "Big night out eh'?
You're not a real homebrewer if you buy CPA in stubbies.

Everybody here knows the longnecks are thicker glass with crown seal tops. Plus, you get twice as much yeast! :lol:

Until you dismiss the idea of going to a pub because you know there's only CUB beers there.

You walk up to the bottle shop counter with one Stubbie of CPA and the the guy says with smile "Big night out eh'?

And I say 'What?....ahh no, I just need it for the yeast".

He then looks at you like you like your about to turn into a pumkin or on i'm on wy way back to "area 51"

BB

Very similar - you go to the bottle and get a CPA/CSA/Coopers Stout bottle, and tell the guy you were one bottle short of a full batch, so needed to purchase the bottle to drain it and get an empty one. Amazing, one always has one less bottle than they need.

Tip beer out to put more beer in. Amazing.

Do I detect a little Neue Wache Vs Alte Garde in some posts recently ????????????????

If you have posted something devicive along these lines........................... then you're not a Real Homebrewer!

Screwy

Tip beer out to put more beer in. Amazing.

Method of draining yet to be determined. :lol:

I since purchased 90 odd coopers bottles from the paper. They are fantastic bottles, nice and thick. I don't mind coopers, and will drink it to get the bottles, but I could get sick of it very quickly.

anwho, sorry for :icon_offtopic:

your not a real brewer unless you get excited about anything stainless and shiny :), think malted grain is better than sliced bread and price things on how much beer it would cost rather than $'s

You are offered a bottle of Biere de Garde at a pub for $35 and you say"Geez, I can make 20 litres of it for that price".

Until you have been at a chappo brewday... :huh:

You are not a homebrewer until

- you realise you need to build a shed to store all your stuff in, and not some crappy garden shed, but a shed that is at least 6m x 9m, with concrete and required a petrol/diesel driven machine to make the footers
- you realise your home brew equipment is worth more than your motorcycle you ride to work every day on
- you realise that 300kg of various grains is really more than you need
- you realise that 10 ball lock kegs may be one keg too many
- you realise that the free refridgerator you just picked up has no spare room for you to put it, so you pull the camper out of the shed to make room for it
- you realise you have four or five hop plants growing and look for more room\
- you realise you have a freezer full of half full hop pouches
- you give up selling cheap rhizome cuttings because people bitch at you about the size, even though I follow up and replace them for free if they die and they let me know

end

Have neighbours that are convinced that your constant nocturnal activities in the shed are due to you running a meth lab. :ph34r:

Hopper.

some qualifiers

You are not a homebrewer until

- you realise you need to build a shed to store all your stuff in, and not some crappy garden shed, but a shed that is at least 6m x 9m, with concrete and required a petrol/diesel driven machine to make the footers
- you realise your home brew equipment is worth more than your motorcycle you ride to work every day on. and you curse the fact that the motorcycle that you dearly love cant carry a keg or sacks of grain which means no sneaky trips to the HBS
- you realise that 300kg of various grains is really more than you need. then you go and buy more
- you realise that 10 ball lock kegs may be one keg too many. then you go and buy more
- you realise that the free refridgerator you just picked up has no spare room for you to put it, so you pull the camper out of the shed to make room for it
- you realise you have four or five hop plants growing and look for more room\
- you realise you have a freezer full of half full hop pouches, then you go and buy more.
- you give up selling cheap rhizome cuttings because people bitch at you about the size, even though I follow up and replace them for free if they die and they let me know

end

when you forget to take the contents out of the fermeter,and you would wonder what "that" smell is.

some qualifiers

ha, not my motorcycle mate, carried a sack of malt from Grain and Grape all the way back to Drysdale ;) Hhooo ya

Pretty sure I posted a pic on here somewhere of it...<start edit> maybe not, cannot find it, will find it tonight and repost <end edit>

when you can't walk past almost any shop to see if anything they sell might be handy in some way for your brewery.

Unless your Garbo dreads emptying your bin in case those bags of spent grains rips open again.

Latest posts

Back