You're Not A Real Homebrewer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Annoy the shit out of people?

March pump [/thread]

throw away the sediment reducer (apparently)

Watch the air lock religiously and then post about "why isn't my airlock bubbling" or "why hasn't my airlock stopped bubbling"

Now a real craft brewer is a different matter..... :p

Spend 4 hours outside in 5 degrees, finishing at 1am, standing in front of a burner freezing your arse off while the missus looks out the window shaking her head at you?

Watch the air lock religiously and then post about "why isn't my airlock bubbling" or "why hasn't my airlock stopped bubbling"

Now a real craft brewer is a different matter..... :p

You're not a real craftbrewer unless you ignore the feedback of others, blame them for your shortcomings an TYPE in all-caps randomly.

Grammatical rule is frowned upon.

start new threads on topics that have already been posted. although i cant find the thread.

lets see we will have responses about, march pumps (already mentioned by Bum - it seems to be a common one), fly sparging, stuck mash, fished grommets out of fermentors with 'sanatised' hands, had boiling wort piss out all over you for some reason, had a brewday from hell.....

... you make the effort to bitch and whinge when other people, who haven't spent four years in "the club", don't spend four hours searching through vaguely related posts in case the ground has already been covered.

Get rolling drunk on a brew day that doesn't go according to plan and you figure out that the reason it didn't go as planned is because you were rolling drunk.
The reason I don't touch till mash out.

move on from the local megaswill you were brought up on?

EDIT: actually this would only really apply to AG.

own an Aldi coffee grinder?

You walk up to the bottle shop counter with one Stubbie of CPA and the the guy says with smile "Big night out eh'?

And I say 'What?....ahh no, I just need it for the yeast".

He then looks at you like you like your about to turn into a pumkin or on i'm on wy way back to "area 51"

BB

Back