You know you are hooked when...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With apologies for the sacrilege, but ...

When you dump perfectly good beer just to free up space in your kegs and cubes to brew the next batch

When you sell the Mrs' 'Forever home' you just built her for a place with a bigger brew space.

When you spend 8hrs welding together a welding bench so you can weld your brew stand together with ease.

Also, when you get angry text messages for grinding at 9pm under the brew brats bedroom window.

When you by shit that isn't directly brew-related because it looks brew-related.. Like tiny stainless sieves.

When you pack lightly for a Melbourne trip so you have space for the brew club yeast order.

When you type 'a' into the browser address bar, and the top of the list is AHB site.

On every single internet connected device you own/use.

CapnK said:
When you type 'a' into the browser address bar, and the top of the list is AHB site.

Or when you go to check your work emails and your thumb automatically hits the AHB app on your phone and it takes you a couple of minutes to remember what you were meant to be doing

When the kids are doing an experiment in the backyard involving glad wrap held over the hole of a milk bottle with lacky bands, and your inherent hatred for glad wrap and lacky bands on fermenters kicks in.

I wanted to scream at them: "Just use the plastic lid!"

When you sit contemplating the coagulation of proteins while pouring beer into wine in the slop bucket at work, and suddenly realise just how different beer and wine are as fermented products. Then your co-workers ask you WTF you're doing.

When ya brew another 40L straight away cause u blew off 5l of head in the ferment

CapnK said:
Is it worse if it comes up 1st when you type 'w'?

You started out wanting to brew 10L, which soon turned into 20L and now all equipment is sized for 40L or two cornies of brew. Then you realise the upright freezer you bought on the weekend as an interim measure till you walk-in ferm. chamber is built can hold three cubes. -_- :chug:

Nick R said:
When you start a home brew business :-/

Haha, was wondering when that would pop up.

Gotta admit, the thought is tempting on occasion, luckily I'm inherently lazy.

When you spend a year, and ~$2.5k on a 70L electric setup and use it once then want something bigger :kooi:

LOL. I was going to make a 3.5V using herms-HX, 2 x 82L & a 38L pots. Now I am going to do pot in a pot and will have a 82L pot spare. or parallel it with a bag. 120L capacity without a sweat. The look on the missus face when I told her that. Good thing she suffers in silence.

When you put the Mrs' 'forever' home that shes lived in for 12 months on the market to buy a shit house with a MASSIVE shed for brewing :beerbang:

Latest posts

Back