You know you are hooked when...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pogierob

Reaction score
You are walking through the rain and think, if i got a water tank I could turn all this rain into beer.....

You pause for a second to look at something on a job site and your mate turns around and says "what the **** are you going to use that with when you are brewing?" and it was exactly what you were thinking yourself.

Been there. Or when you try and come up with another use for something brewing-related to justify a purchase. "Yeah love, these March pumps would be perfect for your Facebook business."

When you look at houses to buy and knock them back due to lack of brewing space

some bloke says " I can make up some 2" knurled solid stainless rollers for a grain mill......"

That was an actual conversation about 10yrs ago.... :ph34r:

You spend your day with Aussie Home Brewer open in the background of your computer and read through anything and everything when you get a spare 10 mins!

When your wife says you have to sell some of your brewing equipment and you think divorce might be a more agreeable option

You go into a stainless shop, they don't have what you are after and you walk out having spent $100...

When you watch documentaries and see clear mountain springs or streams and wonder what the mineral profile is.

When you start looking for records of extinct beer styles to see what else you might be able to brew.

you add fabric softener to the wash when you are doing your BIAB bags and hop socks.

warrant the purchasing of a commercial fridge (and various other brewing paraphernalia) to use as a fermenting chamber with your fiancee, as it's going to cost us less to serve home brew at the wedding in April.

You suggest going to a house and home shop before your spouse does

When your 3 year olds see you using your phone and ask "are you looking at beer dad?"

Bribie G said:
you add fabric softener to the wash when you are doing your BIAB bags and hop socks.
That stuff stinks mucho grande. Mind you it does wonders for my panty gussets re chaffing at parades.

OMG sadly this is me... I go to the supermarket and think of things I can add to stout, I have more malt than I need and even more hops but I am getting more..... I am up late and before I go to bed even though tired I just check aussiehome brew web site and on and on.... I am sadly addicted

You develop an unhealthy obsession with stainless.

I need help.

... when your wife tells you she has a yeast infection and you reach instinctively for the Star San.

Latest posts

Back