Yeast Farming Supplies

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mb83

Reaction score
Hello fellow yeast farmers,

I've been using the 50ml sterile specimen jars available from chemists, but at around $1.40 a piece they are too pricey for the number of samples I'd like to have. They are also pretty bulky.

Does anyone know a reliable source of plastic, <30mL flat-bottomed test tubes (preferably in Sydney)?
I know stuff pops up on ebay from time to time, but a normal shop would be more convenient.

Cheers,

Michael

Look up proscitech.com.au (in qld but postage not too bad considering you'll buy in bulk), or livingstone.com.au (in sydney i think)

Plenty of options there

remi

Hi Michael

I get my gear from Livingstone International.

http://www.livingstone.com.au/main.aspx?cat=lab

They accept internet orders and credit card. You need to register for an account though.

Tubes I use for slants are aabout 40ml and $0.83 each with cap. Reusable glass

http://www.livingstone.com.au/item_info_popup.aspx?cat=lab&cat_id=5148&item_id=146520

They also have a lot of other lab gear. Be careful though some items are cheap and others exxy.

cheers
Jimmy

I bought a bunch of stuff from Livingstone and found them very good. there was also a bulk buy of plastic tubes a year or so ago (from proscitech I think) so I got a couple of hundred autoclaveable polycarbonate screw top tubes that are great for slants.

Cheers
Dave

I was over at Reserve Garbage in Marrickville the other day, they basically deal in unwanted excess from building sites and other random items...

Long story short, they had what look like white coloured pill bottles/specimen jars there quite cheaply... (40c each i think) and there was HUNDREDS of them..

Might be worth considering??

Look up proscitech.com.au (in qld but postage not too bad considering you'll buy in bulk), or livingstone.com.au (in sydney i think)

Plenty of options there

remi

I got my vials from proscitech.com.au, good amount, inexpensive. Might have to get more soon..... :)

Latest posts

Back