Xmas Ahb Case

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still haven't had my entire case yet, but have had most, and all beers are really good.

There were more than a few standout beers, PoL's Vienna Lager was (as already mentioned) superb, got a lot out of Jayse's octoberfest (what an excellent way to kick off christmas morning), SteveSA's english pale ale was a fantastic drinking beer, and has put making a decent epa on my next few brews list. The arafat ale was another on my list of fav's

I won't go through all theo one's i've had because i didn't have my drinking card with me at the time, so didn't know who's i was drinking at the time, and still have a fair few to go.

nice work guys

Jsb i have more left bring on the next moster mash or mini flocs for

and my famous Fielders Label

Halfway through TDA's old fat right now. Very nice, but it was definitely a boy, it spooged in my sink when I opened it.

i only have a couple of the Xmas Case left.

Took mine down to the Moana Beach Caravan Park where my dad and in-laws were staying - 2 Jan - 16Jan 2005 - ran into Roach down there...

Shared them with my Dad and FIL - Father-In-Law , all were very impressed with the beers and the different styles and the flavours.

Will have to do some research on the Alt Beer - that was very different but very nice and all beers were most thoroughly enjoyed....

Cant wait for next years Xmas Case Swap....

I will need recipes from TDA,Crispy & POL....

These will be amoung the first i brew....

Just bringing this up again....

What is everyone's verdict on the Xmas Case.....

Are we going to do it again next year....

I've knocked off most of my case now, still got a few left. I enjoyed most of them immensely, aside from the one that exploded in my fridge, forcing me to spend an hour cleaning the damned thing out. I won't name names on who's brew it was, even if the bugger did break my eggs too.

im in again i think a lot of other brewers will too and the more time i have this year means i can plan to a do lager during winter

GMK said:
Just bringing this up again....

What is everyone's verdict on the Xmas Case.....

Are we going to do it again next year....
It was a great idea - and a great success (wonderif my one bomb bottle was from the same source as Kai's?).

And, if I am still brewing, I'll be in it again this year.

awrabest, stu

wee stu said:
And, if I am still brewing, I'll be in it again this year.

awrabest, stu
Whats all this if i am still brewing...Wee Stu.....

GMK said:
Whats all this if i am still brewing...Wee Stu.....
Forgive me father for I have sinned, it is almost 4 months since I last brewed :ph34r:
The candle's flickering at a fairly low level just now, maybe I'm having an existential mid life crisis :blink: :blink:
Anyhow, in the next week or so I should have nearly 100kg of grain and hops arriving :eek:
If that, and the fact that completed stocks are almost gone, doesn't get the heat under the boilers again, nothing will ;)

4 months without brewing - that could drive a man to drink!

The Xmas case is about half finished. No bombs yet but a couple of very active contributions.

Oh... and some very fine beers indeed. I'll be in for next year no worries.

Steve

I'll be in it again for sure,

was some great beers in there, enjoyed driking this case very much.

Not saving any of that Barley Wine for this years case are you ken? :ph34r: :p

Cheers,

Crispy

I've got a couple bottles left of my case now, hidden in all four corners of my fridge. I poured myself one of the last ones tonight, and just had to take a picture for you all.
jazscottish.jpg

Once it settles down though it's a great beer, well done Jaz. You win the label award too :)

Jeez, Jazman wins best Scottish and best label in the case :eek:

That's it, I am definitely going to have to pull the finger out this year :lol:

Easter Sunday, and I am already looking forward to the next Xmas case :beer:

Last year there were well received Xmas cases in Adelaide and Perth. A Brisvegas one would be a welcome addition to the family :)
Nationally it gets a bit daunting, Aussie post does not look kindly on cartons of home brew. I know, believe me.

Anyone got any interstate truckie mates we could persuade to help out on the interstate transport?

I'm confident I could arrange free freight between Bris/Syd/Bris to one central pickup/drop off point... & with some notice probably Bris/melb/SA as well.

Finally, after all the comments about the Jazzmans label, we get to see it! A unique approach indeed.

Guest Lurker said:
Finally, after all the comments about the Jazzmans label, we get to see it! A unique approach indeed.
[post="50981"][/post]​

I had heard about it , read comments about it , now to see it at last

Top effort Jazz , up there with the best of them ! :super:

Batz

Latest posts

Back