Wyeast 1469 West Yorkshire Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Wadey

Reaction score
I contacted Wyeast last month asking about the possibility of re-release of this strain.

According to Brian Perkey (Customer Service Manager) at Wyeast, they "plan on releasing a series of English strains this fall and I am guessing that the 1469 will be part of the lineup"

Perhaps if we show them how interested we are, it might tip the balance in favour of a re-release.

Rgds,
Peter
------------------------------------------------------------------
Wyeast 1469 West Yorkshire Ale
From a well-known and highly regarded brewery in Keighley, West Yorkshire, England. Full chewy malt flavor and character, but finishes dry, producing famously balanced beers. Moderate nutty and stone-fruit esters. Bright beers easily achieved within days without filtration.
For production of cask-conditioned bitters, ESB and mild ale.
Alcohol tolerance approximately 9% ABV.
Flocculation: High.
Apparent Attenuation: 67-71%
(64-72 F, 18-22 C)

Ooh yeah!!

I also believe 1026 Cask Ale is on that very same agenda too. B)

Warren -

good yeast, 1026. i like it.

I damm hope it comes back, made a cracking beer with the 1469 and have a bag of MO that needs to meet it, get settled down and make some kids!

HAve some in my fridge and just made 4 batches with it............ one will be in the NSW case swap.

Its a very good yeast......... im impressed.

cheers

Not just a good yeast, an outstanding yeast that suits a lot of styles.

Currently on tap at home in an English IPA if any one wants to pop around and try it :lol: !

C&B
TDA

As per a PM to Pete, Wyeast released it last time due to interest on AHB, so keep it up!

Well, from the description it sounds exactly what I need for my English ale(s).
Of course, the big-ups from you guys helps! I do hate tryin new yeasts without any local knowledge.

Bring it on

Never used it, but sounds good. be interesting to put it into my yeast trial program ;)

I woud like to give it a try...

Ken...

I contacted Wyeast last month asking about the possibility of re-release of this strain.

According to Brian Perkey (Customer Service Manager) at Wyeast, they "plan on releasing a series of English strains this fall and I am guessing that the 1469 will be part of the lineup"

Perhaps if we show them how interested we are, it might tip the balance in favour of a re-release.

Rgds,
Peter
------------------------------------------------------------------

I emailed Wyeast about a month ago re this yeast and received the same reply as Peter. I suggest if you want it email Wyeast via the VSS Private Collection address [email protected]. and ask for it to be rereleased.
Regards

Graeme

Its crap..don't even think about it.
My Munich Helles tasted like friut seltzer when I used it, OK I thought, it might make a good wheat beer, wrong again, someone suggested an English Pale Ale, but I can't stand EPA (being a good Texan Oilman)..what's a boy to do...go for gold ..the gold packs under the lids..works for me...

K

Sorry.. you used a "West Yorkshire Ale" yeast in a "Munich Helles", then you tried it in a wheat beer... and you are bagging it? :huh:

My Munich Helles tasted like friut seltzer when I used it, OK I thought, it might make a good wheat beer, wrong again, someone suggested an English Pale Ale, but I can't stand EPA (being a good Texan Oilman)..what's a boy to do...go for gold ..the gold packs under the lids..works for me...

K

:blink:

BB

K

Yeeeeepp... Pickin' he's taking that one back in the morning. :icon_drunk:

Warren -

K

righhhht........

Does anyone get a bit of banana in the profile of 1469 when it's fresh? I've made a couple of beers now that have it. It tends to fade after a week or so.

Latest posts

Back