Wyeast 1469 West Yorkshire Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
West Yorkshire yeast ala the TT yeast is very good. One of the most complex yeast profiles I have used.

I keep it on slants as it is not available all year round.

What is 1026 cask ale yeast like?

West Yorkshire yeast ala the TT yeast is very good. One of the most complex yeast profiles I have used.

I keep it on slants as it is not available all year round.
I'm with him, bring it back soon please

This is excellent news and it will be very interesting to see what the other rare English strains will be.

From the US sites, it seems very likely that one of them will be 1026 Cask Ale yeast. No idea about the other one.

So has anyone used 1026? If so what comments do you have on it?

just-cj from japan who posted a bit here a while back is a big fan, check out brewboard for his user name cj in J or something and JPA (japan pale ale) as he waxes lyrical about it.

Just got an email from Brain Perkey at Wyeast stating

:super: :party:

Great news as I am down to my last 2 Activator packs from '07.
Had not got around to plating them yet.
Was saving these for this Spring's brewing.

Peter

I used it once in that Imperial Porter you tried some time ago and I know jayse was a big rap for this yeast.

Can't recall what it was like to be honest.

C&B
TDA

Yes that Imperial Porter was a very impresive beer. Probably one of the best beer tasting experiences I've had.

Yes that Imperial Porter was a very impresive beer. Probably one of the best beer tasting experiences I've had.

Ah kirem, thanks for the compliment :beer: !

It was inspired by Doc's Vanilla Bourbon Porter without the Bourbon or Vanilla :p .

It looks as if Doc had a fair whack of experience with said yeast if you read this thread:

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...;hl=wyeast+1026

Anyway, looks as if both the 1469 and 1026 yeasts will be popular when re-released :super: !

C&B
TDA

On a related note, I had some Worthington's White Shield IPA from the Coors brewery, Burton-on-Trent. I noted that it was bottle conditioned and there was harvestable quantities of yeast slurry in the bottom of the bottle. Anybody know what strain the yeast is? An excellent IPA by the way - highly recommended.

Cheers,
TL

I haven't used it for a few years now but made a very nice aussie ale for the mash paddle with it a few years ago. fermented out well and dropped very clear. Was fairly restrained on flavour from memory. If it comes out again I'll be buying some.

TL, it's supposed to be the same as 1028 and WLP013. I tried culturing it up but it didn't start at all for me.

TL, it's supposed to be the same as 1028 and WLP013. I tried culturing it up but it didn't start at all for me.

Hmmmm, if it's like 1028 it should be easy to culture! Ok, thanks for the tip and I'll procede with caution.

Cheers,
TL

BUMP!

Confirmation of the releases for Fall 2008 from Wyeast

"Peter,

The three strains that we are releasing are the 1469 West Yorkshire, the 1768 English Special Bitter and the 1026 British Cask Ale. These will be available to order beginning on October 1st. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers!

Brian Perkey, Customer Service Manager
Wyeast Laboratories
[email protected]
www.wyeastlab.com
888-WYEAST-1 "

Latest posts

Back