Wrap Up: Sydney Ahb Pub Crawl 2005

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stop with the pics already, i didn't realise you were all such a ugly group of brewers! :lol:
No wonder they didn't let you into one place. :blink:

Just kidding! It looks like i'll be making the trek to sydney hopefully sometime between now and when i have a pocket full of money.
Just had a call yesterday from a mate in the army who has transferred from darwin to sydney calling me from the Australian hotel just to tease me and invite me over for beer holdiday.
So next time don't be supprised if the group has one extra ugly face.

Wishing I was there already 'Out on the tiles'
Jayse

Sounds like you guys had a cracker of a day. Wish I could have been there. The "Thunderbolt" sounds like something I would like! :D

Dunkel Boy, I don't see why we couldn't organise a similar session in Brissie. It could include the Belgian Beer cafe, Oxford 152, Cheers Tavern, The Regatta, The German Club, maybe Auroras if we're desperate. Are you coming to the Big Brew Day at Jgriffin's? We could work out an itinerary there....

- Snow

And at special request, Linz at the MacQuarie.

Doc

Linz_MacQuarie.jpg

Big Day out indeed...That was huge fun. It was great to meet everyone

Ouch....Still manged to get a Duvel, Chimay and Roquefort 10 in on sunday night .

The Thunderbolt wasn't exactly a highlight esp. at the price!

My personal fave was the Squire Speculator,
sooo nice and hoppy

Now whos hosting a Big Brew Day on May 7th?

Which pub was this one taken at? :p

(Looks like you all had a good day) :)

Warren -

3_stooges.jpg

Snow said:
Sounds like you guys had a cracker of a day. Wish I could have been there. The "Thunderbolt" sounds like something I would like! :D

Dunkel Boy, I don't see why we couldn't organise a similar session in Brissie. It could include the Belgian Beer cafe, Oxford 152, Cheers Tavern, The Regatta, The German Club, maybe Auroras if we're desperate. Are you coming to the Big Brew Day at Jgriffin's? We could work out an itinerary there....

- Snow
[post="55023"][/post]​

Snow,

Sounds good - was going to suggest the first 4. Didn't think of the German Club, but it has a great range...
Look forward to meeting you guys at Jgriffins... should be a fun day... :D

Looks like it was a good day. Well done. :)

We've had some good days in Adelaide as well :D

Cheers

A_Line_of_Crack.jpg

Porterhouse,- Nicefood .

MacQuarie,- Good value Good quality.nice micro

Pumphouse,- I rather liked the Thunderbolt

darling harbour kids train ride to the James Squire Brewhouse,- Feature of the crawl commandeering the kiddies train for a joy ride around Darling Harbour.

Red Oak,- nice but little glasses .

Belgian Beer Cafe (Heritage), I just loved that place and the Abbey beer .

Lowenbrau, loved this placed too and the Dunkel Herfe Weizen.

Australian, Nice Pizza & Warratahs were winning.

Lord Nelson (not admitted),

Hero of Waterloo. I cant remember this one did I get this far ??

Pumpy

Thanks Doc for organising the pub crawl. It was an excellant day/night. I loved the different beers and it is great how everyone from all walks of life can get together ( even though not many people had met before) and get on so well and enjoy themselves. I have a picture of baldrick at the end of the night

Great work guys. Two days after the pub crawl & Baldrick can't make it to work. He rang me which proves he is alive & didn't lose his mobile phone.
Gerard

Pumpy said:
Porterhouse,- Nicefood .

Hero of Waterloo. I cant remember this one did I get this far ??

Pumpy
[post="55098"][/post]​

I think U went to the truck 4 sleep coz U were close to truck and were not allowed in the Lord N.
I don't recall seeing you at the Hero, or back at the Australian, after we left the Hero.

Had great craic @ the Hero. One of the musicians was from Newcastle and plays with the Porkers (formerly the Pork Hunts...say it out loud). He was singing dirty limericks, so me and Big Stu taught him some new ones. :lol:

Seth out

[/quote]

Snow,

Sounds good - was going to suggest the first 4. Didn't think of the German Club, but it has a great range...
Look forward to meeting you guys at Jgriffins... should be a fun day... :D
[post="55092"][/post]​
[/quote]

Ditto, Ross. I blocked out the whole day in the missus' diary, so it should be a good one, and I should have all 3 of my kegs full by then. However, I still have to be in good enough shape for Mother's day the next day, as I don't trust my 5 year old to cook breakfast!

Cheers - Snow

Latest posts

Back