Worst Comerical Beer You Had

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have to say that the 'carlton cold shot' "beers" were amoung the foulest I have endured, if they classify as beers.

I also really dislike XXXX Gold and Reichs (some cheap crappy Australian Pilsner), and of course the generic carlton cold is quite foul also

(edit) and how could I forget, Tooheys Extra Dry!... its dirt!

:angry: even though it's on my signiture I tried LCPA and thought it was filth!

the price was shocking $4.50 for a 330ml stubbie :angry: I knew this before I tried it.

But never the less I will continue to try different brew's, next on the agenda is Beez Neez, Is this a good drop? :unsure:

even though it's on my signiture I tried LCPA and thought it was filth!

Each to their own - it will grow on you, this thing called flavour :p

Beez neez isn't that hot, i thought it was pretty boring to be honest! Bee Sting is a better attempt at the honey-tasting beer i reckon.

Hmm... worst tasting commercial beer i've had - TED platinum. Mix 2 parts dishwater, 1 part fuel oil and 1/4 part beer and there you go. Good for getting loaded, removing scum and grease from engines but not much else. :unsure:

:angry: even though it's on my signiture I tried LCPA and thought it was filth!

the price was shocking $4.50 for a 330ml stubbie :angry: I knew this before I tried it.

But never the less I will continue to try different brew's, next on the agenda is Beez Neez, Is this a good drop? :unsure:

That would be hops you were tasting,heaps of citrus aroma and flava.

Beez neez may be more to your liking as its as bland as buggery and comparable to dishwater.

What was it exactly that you didn't like about LCPA?
Many home brewers start out trying to emulate this popular style.Have a look at the 'Skunkfart" thread.

You have much to learn grasshopper.

ggrasshopper.gif

Another couple I seen was redback something :unsure: and another called steel city ;)

By whose standards? Yours? Mine? The bloke acrross the street? Each to there own mate.
Beez Neez is pretty bland and boring.

O'Briens Pale ale, gluten free,

fkng shthouse, emailed the brewer about how bad it was, thought it was infected, then looked at ratebeer, everyone had the same impression.

I'll second that! Very dissappointing beer. It's like they went out of their way to create a bland-tasting ordinary drop.

www_MyEmoticons_com__beer.gif
Crazy Little Brauluver. :lol:

Such a hypnotic sig. Must... pour ... beer. :blink:

Warren -

i tried the Matilda bay REDROOF i found it to be disappointing

but then it may have been a bad bottle will try it again soon

del

Never the less. I also try them for the bottles as I colect them. I have over 50 different brew bottles... from the tooheys new's to the Hunter draughts. I keep one bottle from each new beer I try...Recent additions are:
Little creature's pale ale
stienlager
BITburger
Lauinbrau
Out of about 50 different brews I have tried I always go back to the normal Bottlo fav's
XXXX-gold
Carlton Draught (It's the best)

worst beer? :huh:

gotta be Hanh ice or Tooeys Red

beer flavoured water.............total crap :lol:

jeddog

worst beer? :huh:

gotta be Hanh ice or Tooeys Red

beer flavoured water.............total crap :lol:

jeddog

Oh yeah tooheys red is :blink: but hahn Ice? :unsure: I like that

not sure its the worst, buts its bloody average. Maes from Belgium. Vintage Cellars has it for $30 slab atm. bought it last night. its ok. just no flavour. very dissappointing.

not sure its the worst, buts its bloody average. Maes from Belgium. Vintage Cellars has it for $30 slab atm. bought it last night. its ok. just no flavour. very dissappointing.
+1.
I had one of them a year ago thinking "it's from Belgium, it's gotta be nice".... I was sadly mistaken. Just average beer.

+1.
I had one of them a year ago thinking "it's from Belgium, it's gotta be nice".... I was sadly mistaken. Just average beer.
my thoughts exactly. But I did have that niglling thought that "if its too good to be true....". I should have known better and spend the extra $10 and got some coopers or something. or just stuck with my other line of reasoning not to buy beer.. "I can make better myself. wait til you get home and have one of your own".

Some of the commercial draught beers tasted at the Royal Perth Beer Show last week were certainly amongst the worst I have ever tasted. Absolutely horrid. I'd have loved to have known who was responsible for these abominations. If we had a Register of Commercial Breweries, several would have been stuck off.

Anyone remember XXXX Thirsty Dog wheat? Now THAT was a shocker! :icon_vomit:

I was sucked in by those 5L kegs you can buy at bottlos around the place. I should have trusted my instincts alerting me to the gimmick that it clearly was. So while this may not apply to the brand as a whole, the worst beer I have ever had was from a 5L keg of Bitburger. It must have been factory dregs, it literally tasted like Clag glue. I will never buy a 5L keg from a bottle shop again!

I was sucked in by those 5L kegs you can buy at bottlos around the place. I should have trusted my instincts alerting me to the gimmick that it clearly was. So while this may not apply to the brand as a whole, the worst beer I have ever had was from a 5L keg of Bitburger. It must have been factory dregs, it literally tasted like Clag glue. I will never buy a 5L keg from a bottle shop again!

I note your'e from Brisbane as well, a couple of years they had Bitburger on tap at the Elephant & Wheelbarrow and it struck me as a bland sweetish brew with a rapidly collapsing head and definitely not up to the standards of German Beers I've had in the past (I'm a Pom and have done some drinking in Germany :icon_cheers: ). As far as Kegs go I don't suppose there would be much wrong with Heineken but I don't like the idea of chucking away the keg afterwards, strikes me as environmentally unfriendly.

I wonder if there's any way of converting them to home brew usage?

Latest posts

Back