Worst Comerical Beer You Had

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got to say carlton cold was good when i was 15 and started drinking beer, thats because it probably didnt taste like beer at all. If we can give it some credit its a starting point for people who have never tried beer before. Since i have come to appreciate real beers, made by small micros and made by myself, although i still dont mind the occasional vb but thats my ancestry i guess?

Is it actually made from malted barley or something else very strange?

I was offered one earlier tonigh, or a cascade light, I went with the light. Im not a fan of light beer (water) but id rather it over a coldie any day.

Carlton Cold. It's like there's a party in my mouth and everyone's throwing up.

:D that made me laff :D

VB for me! It's just piss in a can. Somebody had the lack of nouse to bring a 6-pack to one of my parties ... it was executed for crimes against brewing (its chaperone was lucky not to suffer the same fate).

Closely followed by any of the Carlton & Tooheys stables (their respective dark ale offerings are drinkable at best). Aussies are renowned for crawling over a pile of broken stubbies to get to a beer ... and when they get there, it's the worst in the world.

Then the American commercial "efforts".
Q: What's the similarity b/w sex in a canoe and American beer?
A: They're both f*cking close to water!

Carlton Cold for not tasting like beer, more like hops in water.

VB for living up to the moniker vomit breath.

Samuel Adams because I tried to give it away to my country adelaide cricket club and they gave it back after everyone sampled it. I was told not to bring beer ever again.

West End Draught and Southwark. To my shame they both come from my state of origin. Thank god they also have Coopers, a maker of mostly great beers.

Tasman Bitter for making me grin and bear it in front of my father-in-law then tip it out when he wasn't looking. Terrible.

Oh and hi. Though I've been lurking for some time this is my first post. Guess I should go to the intro post and say hi formally.

g

I remember Sydney Bitter @ 5.5%, KB larger, but some of the worst was a mexican beer called Mondo Nergo and some traditionally brewer muck from Brittany in France. Ironically the cider in Brittany is fantastic.

Remember Swan Dry? mate bought it home once, sent him back to the pub with it. Was like drinking water that dried up your mouth, how it got called beer is anyones guess.

Carlton Cold, makes alcoholics vomit does that shit. Like drinking frothy bath water your little sister has pissed in.

Anything in a can from SA.

English lagers served full to the brim like an overflowing piss bucket, pulled from the keg at room temperature. Try skulling one of these and you will plaster the wall with spew.

Fosters Lager, Introducing the world to a sickly sweet flat local version of pommy piss is a national disgrace.

Worst beer ever..... Tooheys Classic . Came out about 10/12 years ago and was beyond reproach !

Redgums

I was given a case of Heineken recently for helping my brother in law move house.
Cracked the first one open and thought... wow, this is really crap!

I'm really not sure what to think... has Heineken really gone down the drain (well, it was a locally brewed slab)?

At least I've now got more bottles for more brews!

Two that come to mind:
1 Tasmine Bitter, (should have known better @ $25 a case, drank it out of spite).
2 Tooheys Red, (I had to overnight in Tenterfield for work a while ago with a work mate to ackel a big project at the last minute the boss pulled outand couldn't get there til next day so the two of us got trashed. to many schooners of tooheys old and i saw a sign of tooheys red, I thought it was new red beer not the cr%p serverd to me).

JCG

Not the worst beer ever, but:

Last Saturday night I was at a club where there were no decent beers on tap, and not even Coopers in glass bottles! I figured the closest thing to a real beer would be the canned Guinness. WRONG. This was a 4.2% ABV jobby and tasted like cold water with diluted coffee grounds in it (oh, and not to forget the fake white nitrogen-induced head which tasted like whipped cream.

Is is just me, or have they changed the recipe?

sheaf stout.............pure filth

foosters light ice..........recycled toliet water :p :p :p

I don't know if I just copped a dodgy sixer, but last time I drank Tooheys Pils, I thought I'd just finished a session on the orange juice.

Living in Australia you get so many choices for the title of worst ever, almost anything made by CUB or LN with the words, cold, ice or dry could qualify. Special mention would have to go to Tooheys Blue, Carlton Cold, and anything by Outback Brewery. Cave Creek Chilli Beer (USA) is particulary vile in a special sort of way :eek: if we're talking globally.

How about the add campaign for Pure Blonde

"What good beers come back as"
??? Huh

Is that after you've drunk them and turned it into piss?

??? Huh

"Pure Blonde / Arse Juice" are interchangable terms :)

I have found that Pure Blonde is one of the thinest most tasteless beers that I have tried

The televsion commercial is quite good though. ;)

??? Huh

LOL! I thought the exact same thing when I first saw that ad. I don't think someone in marketing thought before putting that one out
- Berwyck

Carlton Cold. It's like there's a party in my mouth and everyone's throwing up.
Half a glass & it's me that's spewing! No Joke. There's something in it which doesn't agree with me - or more probably that I don't agree to & need to spontaneously reject. :excl:

I don't know if I just copped a dodgy sixer, but last time I drank Tooheys Pils, I thought I'd just finished a session on the orange juice.
No, it's not just you. It's a truly terrible beer.

Latest posts

Back