Worst Comerical Beer You Had

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Victoia Bitter.

I think it is becase I live in Alice Springs. Have a look at this pic.

Cheers,

DSC02497.JPG

Somebody mentioned Tooheys Pils as their worst beer before... Ditto Mate. I couldnt even stomach the bottle. Dishwater gone wrong that stuff!!!!!

Brad

Pure Blonde has got to be the worst thing I 've ever tasted.
but my question is, is Pure Blonde a Beer or a Happoshu (low malt beverage) either way it tastes foul.

My wise old man once told me "There are no bad beers, just better ones".
But seriously VB is no good after the first sip and crown, well thats just VB in a fancy bottle!!

Cheers

Pure Blonde has got to be the worst thing I 've ever tasted.
but my question is, is Pure Blonde a Beer or a Happoshu (low malt beverage) either way it tastes foul.

I agree i just had my first pot of pure blonde with my parma for lunch and it is the most worthless, tasteless cats piss i have ever had. In fact i'd rather drink cats piss. :blink:

LOL, I'm going to have to buy me a stubby of Pure Blonde, just for educational purposes ofcourse!

I have found that Pure Blonde is one of the thinest most tasteless beers that I have tried

You can just see the motivation behind this type of beer.

Brewery Beancounter No. 1 : "We need a new beer that's cheaper to make"
Brewery Beancounter No. 2 : "Hmmm, let's look through some traditional beer names for inspiration"
Brewery Beancounter No. 1 : "OK, Bock, Stout, Wheat,..........
Brewery Beancounter No. 2 : "Blonde..... yes, thin, empty head.... sounds perfect"
Brewery Beancounter No. 1 : "Beauty, and we can make it with half the malt and hops of our normal stuff"
Brewery Beancounter No. 2 : "Ha Ha, and that's saying something"
Brewery Beancounter No. 1 : "And sell it at twice the price, yes, YES!!"
Brewery Beancounter No. 2 : "Ohhh but it'll be a bit down on full strength"
Brewery Beancounter No. 1 : "That's less govt. excise as well, EVEN BETTER"

Brewery Beancounter No. 2 : "Hmmm, let's look through some traditional beer names for inspiration"
Brewery Beancounter No. 2 : "Blonde..... yes, thin, empty head.... sounds perfect"
Brewery Beancounter No. 1 : "Beauty, and we can make it with half the malt and hops of our normal stuff"

You weren't sitting in on the meeting were you :D

You forgot the low-carb biz!

You weren't sitting in on the meeting were you :D

No, but in my current working position I'm getting massively pissed with having to squeeze our cost base down while supposedly delivering a reasonable product....... to the detriment of the poor bastards trying to deliver said product..........,pretty much as per the above!!!! There is a level of familiarity there yes.

Brewery Beancounter No. 2 "Lets get Paris Hilton for our ad campaign! She's thin with an empty head."
Brewery Beancounter No. 1 "We're trying to do this on the cheap!"
Brewery Beancounter No. 2 "True... wonder if that Bondi Blonde mob will have the same idea?"

Bought a six pack of James squire India Pale ale. Very disaponted!!!!
Worst beer I have tasted.

US Budweiser, with many others closely following

I had beer in Korea once called OB. Tasted OK but the next day after only six stubbies in 4 hr I still had a head like an axe hit me. It was so bad I had to drink Bud for the rest of the trip.

Can any one remember Tooths LA? 2.2% it was watery beer watered down.

O'Briens Pale ale, gluten free,

fkng shthouse, emailed the brewer about how bad it was, thought it was infected, then looked at ratebeer, everyone had the same impression.

I had beer in Korea once called OB. Tasted OK but the next day after only six stubbies in 4 hr I still had a head like an axe hit me. It was so bad I had to drink Bud for the rest of the trip.

The stuff on tap is not so bad hang-over-wise and it is really cheap. They serve it in bloddy huge plastic jugs in tacky German-theme beerhalls along with the worst food in Korea (ignoring kimchi). Still, I understand why the locals don't drink much... :D

My money is still on Corona if it is still sold as beer.

Back