Woolworths to exit Masters hardware venture

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
scooterism said:
All I'm thinking is 'Cheap copper tube' at the closing the doors sale.
I've been putting off buying the copper for my HERMS, might drive over to Rutherford tomorrow to see if it's on special

Nothing quite like a closing down sale at a major outlet.

XMtUpKd.jpg

Liam_snorkel said:
it's so good. So is the Thai knockoff called Madame Wong's. It's loaded with garlic & MSG.
It's all Thai?

At Lismore today they had signs up "greatest Garage Sale in History" and had a heap of stuff out at the front of the aisles near the registers. All the heaters, heater panels, blow heaters, glow heaters etc were 60% off as they obviously won't see another winter. Plus a lot of "fluff" items like pokemon garden gnomes etc.

Other stuff in the general aisles not yet marked down. I needed lawn food etc anyway and spent over 50 bucks and was presented with a free Lufkin good quality 8m retractable tape measure for free from a big tray at the checkout, the $20 model. Really chuffed as I don't own one. I expect the main feeding frenzy will start next week.

"was presented with a free Lufkin good quality 8m retractable tape measure for free from a big tray at the checkout, the $20 model"

pretty sure thats just a current promo in their catalogue though

SBOB said:
"was presented with a free Lufkin good quality 8m retractable tape measure for free from a big tray at the checkout, the $20 model"

pretty sure thats just a current promo in their catalogue though
Way to get rid of 70 pallets of lufkins I guess :D

If they aren't wide blade tape measures they're no bloody good IMO,with a thin blade tape measure a bloke can't measure anything outside if the wind is any stronger than a breeze or the distance is over 1.5 metres.
Go wide man,go wide.

im pretty sure there is only a single use in the world for a 9 meter tape.

extending it all the way out before is folds under its own weight. you know you've done it B)

Bribie G said:
Other stuff in the general aisles not yet marked down. I needed lawn food etc anyway and spent over 50 bucks and was presented with a free Lufkin good quality 8m retractable tape measure for free from a big tray at the checkout, the $20 model. Really chuffed as I don't own one. I expect the main feeding frenzy will start next week.
I am not holding a lot of hope for significant markdowns in the fertilizer/compost etc in the garden dept, there will be a fair demand for those now it is spring, but one can hope. :)

Bribie G said:
At Lismore today they had signs up "greatest Garage Sale in History" and had a heap of stuff out at the front of the aisles near the registers. All the heaters, heater panels, blow heaters, glow heaters etc were 60% off as they obviously won't see another winter. Plus a lot of "fluff" items like pokemon garden gnomes etc.

Would think a farm supply shop would be cheaper for fertilizer then Masters.

wynnum1 said:
Would think a farm supply shop would be cheaper for fertilizer then Masters.
They stock Amgrow 10 kilos for 12 bucks. It's identical to Shirley's No 17 that's usually 50% more if you buy the 20k sack and nearly 75% more in the 10k bag.
Would there be an ag store equivalent for around a dollar a kilo? Could check out Elders in town here.

Bribie G said:
They stock Amgrow 10 kilos for 12 bucks. It's identical to Shirley's No 17 that's usually 50% more if you buy the 20k sack and nearly 75% more in the 10k bag.
Would there be an ag store equivalent for around a dollar a kilo? Could check out Elders in town he
At that price is good buy but is low quality ingredients and has greater amount of toxic metals and not recommended for vegetables Aldi where selling fruit tree fertilizer similar 2.5 kg packs. If you look at fertilizer packets the same fertilizer is different depending where you live must be state laws.
Wanted to buy some vermiculite would think they would sell in large amounts but only small expensive.

The plot thickens-ABC report this morning that Lowes have taken court action to have a liquidator appointed.

Would think they would have problems repurposing some of these hardware warehouses town planning and what about some of the cheap Chinese crap they sold like faulty electrical cable and with all the asbestos contaminated building products and that cladding that burns if they liquidate would be better to cover future class actions.

So the Masters fire sale is a bit of a fizzer apparently

MASTERS VS BUNNINGS BASKET COMPARISON*

• Estwing Claw Hammer Vinyl Grip 2402
$80.10 (down from $89) vs. $65.95
= $14.95 more expensive
• Bosch 2300W Electro Blower/Vac
$134.10 (down from $149) vs. $129
= $5.10 more expensive
• Hi-Vis Vest
$8.96 (down from $9.95) vs. $6.95
= $2.01 more expensive
• Shirleys No. 17 Lawn Food 20kg
$29.70 (down from $32.99) vs. $31.79
= save $2.09
• Stanley FatMax 58cm Tool Box
$47.70 (down from $53) vs. $49.98
= save $2.28
• LPG Gas Cylinder 4kg
$31.50 (down from $35) vs. $34.95
= save $3.45
• Stanley FatMax Retractable Knife
$13.49 (down from $14.99) vs. $19.95
= save $6.46
• White Ceiling Paint 4L
$33.21 (down from $36.90) vs. $42.50
= save $9.29
• McCulloch 350mm 36cc Petrol Chainsaw
$188.10 (down from $209) vs. $205
= save $16.90
• Bosch 18V Cordless Combi Drill
$206.10 (down from $229) vs. $229
= save $22.90

Source: http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/retail/ten-per-cent-off-is-a-big-joke-masters-fire-sale-underwhelms-shoppers/news-story/7b29db0e6cc9e9341acc7a9448be16b2

Exile said:
So the Masters fire sale is a bit of a fizzer apparently

MASTERS VS BUNNINGS BASKET COMPARISON*

• Estwing Claw Hammer Vinyl Grip 2402
$80.10 (down from $89) vs. $65.95
= $14.95 more expensive
• Bosch 2300W Electro Blower/Vac
$134.10 (down from $149) vs. $129
= $5.10 more expensive
• Hi-Vis Vest
$8.96 (down from $9.95) vs. $6.95
= $2.01 more expensive
• Shirleys No. 17 Lawn Food 20kg
$29.70 (down from $32.99) vs. $31.79
= save $2.09
• Stanley FatMax 58cm Tool Box
$47.70 (down from $53) vs. $49.98
= save $2.28
• LPG Gas Cylinder 4kg
$31.50 (down from $35) vs. $34.95
= save $3.45
• Stanley FatMax Retractable Knife
$13.49 (down from $14.99) vs. $19.95
= save $6.46
• White Ceiling Paint 4L
$33.21 (down from $36.90) vs. $42.50
= save $9.29
• McCulloch 350mm 36cc Petrol Chainsaw
$188.10 (down from $209) vs. $205
= save $16.90
• Bosch 18V Cordless Combi Drill
$206.10 (down from $229) vs. $229
= save $22.90

Source: http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/retail/ten-per-cent-off-is-a-big-joke-masters-fire-sale-underwhelms-shoppers/news-story/7b29db0e6cc9e9341acc7a9448be16b2
Not surprising, Bunnings weren't going to let a Masters clearance sale take any dollars of them for a few months.

Latest posts

Back