Woolworths to exit Masters hardware venture

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sp0rk said:
Oh please god no
My wife would be wanting to do Newcastle trips every weekend
There are few nice brewpubs about and craft pubs in the city and Maitland. (Pourhouse, Foghorn, Grain Store. Hop Factory). I'm only 10-15 minutes from Heatherbrae and you seem like a reasonable person to share a beer with.

Depends if your budget can afford the fuel and shopping trips, although your wife might think we're up to mischief, if she's as paranoid as some (no names, no pack drill).

Well I got sucked in :blink:

went to Masters to buy some cheap fertilizer

only 10% off

no 25KG bags as a bulk buy which might have been worth the short drive

most stuff $3 to $5 a kg

no many AG shops around my way

Went and bought timber for a small deck I'm putting together. 20% off and cheaper than Bunnings so happy with that. The Adelaide store was quite busy today.

Masters at Heatherbrae must have nabbed one of the top spots in the Hunter, right on the Pacific Hwy - I can imagine many uses for that site, maybe a Costco.

malt & barley blues said:
Getting down is the easy part, its getting back up that's hard part. :D
I use the knee pads that I keep for when I'm in the sand dunes (the ones I store under the car seat with the binoculars and the police scanner).

Bribie G said:
Masters at Heatherbrae must have nabbed one of the top spots in the Hunter, right on the Pacific Hwy - I can imagine many uses for that site, maybe a Costco.
I hope it gets something decent like an ikea or costco...
Though I feel it will just become a big empty shed or split into useless smaller stores

Bribie G said:
I use the knee pads that I keep for when I'm in the sand dunes (the ones I store under the car seat with the binoculars and the police scanner).
Be careful where you go with the car there are notorious places where certain people go i think there bird watchers.

I go more for the blue tits and great tits although I don't believe that any have migrated here from the UK as yet.

Hey I think I can see where a lot of Masters stock is being channeled off to: Home Hardware (also being divested by Woolies) are selling 25L bags of cow manure etc for $5 and tubs of Richgro all purpose fertiliser, first time I've seen the brand in the local shop and they've got pallets in. The manure range has been $6 or $7 at Masters for a couple of years now. Going to grab 4 bags today for my sweet potato patch.

Bribie G said:
I go more for the blue tits and great tits although I don't believe that any have migrated here from the UK as yet.
You obviously don't know about Grays Lane at Byron then...

Bribie G said:
thats still a mission to get there from the lake mac region, when there is a green shed venue at belmont and kotara,

Bribie G said:

Hey I think I can see where a lot of Masters stock is being channeled off to: Home Hardware (also being divested by Woolies) are selling 25L bags of cow manure etc for $5 and tubs of Richgro all purpose fertiliser, first time I've seen the brand in the local shop and they've got pallets in. The manure range has been $6 or $7 at Masters for a couple of years now. Going to grab 4 bags today for my sweet potato patch.$20
$200 A Ton for cow manure is expensive if the farmers received this there would be no need to sell the milk.

Back in late April I bought 2 of these for $10 each from Masters to hold my grain.

post-26544-0-19782700-1461911267.jpg

Today my missus spots them again with no price tags etc, so she purchase's 3 more today thinking great 10% to 50% of items.
She purchases them and phones me saying they charged her $14 each.

Fire sale my ass.....

Original post here http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/85459-website-deals-of-the-day/?p=1369360

wynnum1 said:
$200 A Ton for cow manure is expensive if the farmers received this there would be no need to sell the milk.
Where I live, cattle outnumber humans - in one day here you can see more cows than you've ever seen in your entire life, but I'm not really into sneaking around paddocks with a bucket and spade. With or without knee pads. :blink:
I once bought an entire tip truck of shyte from an Abbatoir for current day dollars about $100, when I lived in Maryborough and my veg garden was incredible.

Just got this in a Master's email:

The Sale is heating up with great new discounts across the entire store.

Now an incredible 50% off
• Fixings
• Mouldings
• Cabinet hardware

More super specials
• Outdoor blinds, now 30% off
• Greenhouses 40% off
• Shade sails and accessories 40% off
• Kids play and pet accommodation 30% off
• All plants a minimum of 15% off

And if you are decorating or renovating
• Indoor blinds and curtains, now 40% off
• Carpet 40% off
• Kitchen sinks, now 30% off

Looks like they've taken down the majority of their website except for the front page
I'm heading over to Rutherford on saturday, hoping they have some plumbing solder, brazing rods and Map gas cylinders left!

I thought that Caltex sold their "owned" servos to Woolworths in the first place, about the time that Shell sold theirs to Coles?

I mean Woolies didn't just go out and build hundreds of greenfield service stations then put Caltex signs on them, as far as I remember the existing Caltex servos, most of them, just suddenly sprouted Woolies warts all over them. They already had their own grocery thing happening right back in the early 1990s when I worked for Rothmans, they were "Star Marts" and I used to call on all of them in my territory.

Shopping centers could have fuel tank under there car parks.

Back