Woolworths to exit Masters hardware venture

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's just bunnings everyday prices. They've already come out and said they won't be competing with the sale prices. For obvious reasons apparently!

On the items listed you're still in front $40.41 in front. Whats the problem?

Dave70 said:
On the items listed you're still in front $40.41 in front. Whats the problem?
Personally I wouldn't touch a McCulloch Chainsaw, I prefer Stihl's :lol:

Rumor going around that Woolworths has sold its fuel stations, and is yet to make an announcement

Exile said:
Rumor going around that Woolworths has sold its fuel stations, and is yet to make an announcement
BP were offering to buy them back in May, wouldn't be surprised if they've gone through with it

DU99 said:
found this article this one also

1473666943875.jpg

Anyone got any idea what Masters are doing? Popped in there Tuesday arvo and most stuff still 10% off. Dreamin! My understanding is they have about 3 weeks to go - no way they are going to shift stock at 10pc off. Place was a morgue like usual....

Two weeks into the chain’s “fire sale”, which aimed to shift more than half a billion dollars worth of stock by December, the Woolworths-owned retailer is struggling to maintain order.
some will close earlier than december

With these masters buildings if the owners have a long term lease then that increases the value of the property but if the company goes into liquidation then the property can be vacant for long periods with no income and if masters could not make a profit why would new tenant think they can.
Has anyone operated a sausage sizzle at masters was told about how they turned up early and the door to the Masters was open and no one there ,was that bad they never went back.

wynnum1 said:
With these masters buildings if the owners have a long term lease then that increases the value of the property but if the company goes into liquidation then the property can be vacant for long periods with no income and if masters could not make a profit why would new tenant think they can.
I know the one in Coffs Harbour is owned by the Holden stealership next door, I couldn't see it sitting empty for too long

Most of the stores will be converted into mini malls with stores such as Anaconda, Chemist Warehouse, clothing outlets etc. Thinking about the Masters stores I'm familiar with such as Morayfield, they should do well. That particular store is right next door to Super Amart, BCF, Clark Rubber and heaps of complementary stores so it's already in a "destination" location. Similarly in Lismore there was already a plan to build a home base type complex over the road but now they will just gut the Masters building and move in there.

Bribie G said:
Most of the stores will be converted into mini malls with stores such as Anaconda, Chemist Warehouse, clothing outlets etc. Thinking about the Masters stores I'm familiar with such as Morayfield, they should do well. That particular store is right next door to Super Amart, BCF, Clark Rubber and heaps of complementary stores so it's already in a "destination" location. Similarly in Lismore there was already a plan to build a home base type complex over the road but now they will just gut the Masters building and move in there.
Not likely in a lot of locations would need to get town planning changes
Be interesting to see what happens at Hofmann Dr, Noosaville.
Despite legal proceedings, a Masters spokesperson said there were no hard feelings against the Noosa Council which denied the Masters Home Improvement store developer development application.

Raymond Terrace (Heatherbrae) store could easily accommodate an IKEA. Not as if Newcastle isn't screaming for IKEA.

wynnum1 said:
Would think a farm supply shop would be cheaper for fertilizer then Masters.
Yup, went to my local ag store today and they had a pallet of Grow Force fertiliser, 25k for $25 so I grabbed one.

Haven't had a look at the NPK composition yet, but the local golf course uses it as well as local cattle guys for smaller paddocks, perfect for lawns apparently.

Les the Weizguy said:
Raymond Terrace (Heatherbrae) store could easily accommodate an IKEA. Not as if Newcastle isn't screaming for IKEA.
Oh please god no
My wife would be wanting to do Newcastle trips every weekend

Les the Weizguy said:
Yeah I figure it's an old bloke thing, and involves hand-weeding the lawn on all fours if he can get down there.
Getting down is the easy part, its getting back up that's hard part. :D

Back