Williamswarn Beer Awards

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am surprised by a few things.

firstly,

someone who is rich enough decided the ww is a good idea and produces and markets it.

secondly, people are buying this.

thirdly, a competition is organised for ww owners only.

if we had a car race with just ladas and the lada wins this does not mean the lada is the fastest car around.

Markbeer said:

if we had a car race with just ladas and the lada wins this does not mean the lada is the fastest car around.
Did someone say baseball world series?

manticle said:
It will appeal to people who wear Lynx.
Hey! Not even in the same ballpark... :angry:

(see what I did there?)

Is it beige. Do you own red volleys. Do you ride a retro pushbike.......

Wait, when did Lynx become trendy? I've been wearing "Africa" for 20 years.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Is it beige. Do you own red volleys. Do you ride a retro pushbike.......
Don't think you got money left for a ww if you got a retro pushbike.

Markbeer said:
i am surprised by a few things.

firstly,

someone who is rich enough decided the ww is a good idea and produces and markets it.

secondly, people are buying this.

Buying it - using it and loving it - as a fermenter. Making better beer than I ever have.

Whats your point again?

A competition organised with exclusive entry criteria - who would have though eh! Your car analogy is pretty spot on.

Markbeer said:
No, but it shows who has performed best with the identical vehicle. What's the problem with a manufacturer having a competition to see who is getting the best results from their product?

I personally would not purchase one of these because I believe it is an over priced product that would not suit my needs and I could build something similar that would do more for a smaller cost. I also do not like some of the brewing info the manufacturer has given because I believe it is wrong However I do not have the right to tell someone how to spend their money, especially when I see that there are members here that are happy with the results they are getting.

I would like to see some beers made on these systems entered into some local comps though.

GuyQLD said:
Wait, when did Lynx become trendy? I've been wearing "Africa" for 20 years.
Nothing to do with trendy - just their ridiculous run of ads.
Plus it smells like insect repellent.

Please stay on topic manticle. Hehe. I have been reading up on here and the ww site trying to find side by side comparison with a plastic fermented batch. Has anyone done this yet? Please point me to it if it is out there. Regards dave.

Yup, stack em up in a comp, it's the only way to sort this out,

we should run an AHB comp, Bling V's Ghetto System war, Give a style and go at it,

Im tipping the Ghetto crowd will be more willing to put it on the line..

Yob said:
Yup, stack em up in a comp, it's the only way to sort this out,

we should run an AHB comp, Bling V's Ghetto System war, Give a style and go at it,

Im tipping the Ghetto crowd will be more willing to put it on the line..
So Yob - at last count there was (I think) - 4 people on this site with a WW

Maybe not such a representative sample - but I would happily enter.

If a WW beer won out over all others would it make you rush out and buy one?? Didn't think so.

roger mellie said:
If a WW beer won out over all others would it make you rush out and buy one?? Didn't think so.
That really isn't the point. The point is it would actually give some credibility to the the product based on judging which can't be controlled by WW. Some of the claims WW say their system can do which normal home brewers (us) can't do are pure bull.

Parks said:
That really isn't the point. The point is it would actually give some credibility to the the product based on judging which can't be controlled by WW. Some of the claims WW say their system can do which normal home brewers (us) can't do are pure bull.
This
EXACTLY this

There are some VERY credible beer judges among us on this site,

At the end of the day its about the beer not the equipment.

Latest posts

Back