Williamswarn Beer Awards

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, I was about to post about my electronic toaster.

Anyway, other than sourcing the ingredients locally, what differentiates an NZPA from an APA? Same style of beer surely, highly hopped pale ale with almost enough malt to balance?

"This brewery isn't necessarily made for those who have the time or interest to make brewing a hobby"

lol

Ed: from Bribies link, nice one

And EPIC pale ale, one of the tastiest NZPAs I can think of is (I'm pretty sure) 100% US cascade.

Ummm...yeah...

I sort of liked that bit about how he wasnt expecting it to

" Ian, whose background is in the brewing industry, admits that he had very little experience with craft beer when he started his quixotic mission to create a home brewery. '

Liam_snorkel said:
Damn, I was about to post about my electronic toaster.
Anyway, other than sourcing the ingredients locally, what differentiates an NZPA from an APA? Same style of beer surely, highly hopped pale ale with almost enough malt to balance?
C'mon, there's a black India PALE ale now. Anything goes in beer styles.

The above beer style can be comfortably brewed in a Williams thingy

Liam_snorkel said:
And EPIC pale ale, one of the tastiest NZPAs I can think of is (I'm pretty sure) 100% US cascade.

That's why it scored lowly in a NZ Pale Ale category competition, it doesn't fit the category. As noted further down the PDF, cascade hops are not mentioned

If I was going to rig a competition, i'd hide it a lot better. Seems like this bloke doesn't really respect the intelligence of his customers/potential customers.

F. Me this WW is an odd thing.
They even have their own awards.

what the actual **** is going on?
No wonder so many kiwis leave the land of the long white cloud.

I was going to post something but I would have been banned for the amount of trolling I would have been doing.

Page 9 "Ian Williams Taste Score" is my favourite for the record though. And I would use vixens to rehydrate my yeast...

*trolling over*

Having looked into it a bit further wobbly, this thread posting is either incredibly gullible or a shill.

Wow, the beers were judged in 3 minutes each - that's really fast. I know they used the checklist style judging sheets but still, you have to be a confident and very experience judge to do it that quick.

SnakeDoctor said:
Seems like this bloke doesn't really respect the intelligence of his customers/potential customers.
There was a "deep & meaningfull" thread started by a an "Ardent supporter " of the Williamsw@.....

We wont go there...

Parks said:
Wow, the beers were judged in 3 minutes each - that's really fast. I know they used the checklist style judging sheets but still, you have to be a confident and very experience judge to do it that quick.
Are you suggesting tabloid beer writers may not have true judging experience?

Parks said:
I missed that. Barely enough time for appearance and aroma.

They also had to judge after eating habanero paste

manticle said:
I missed that. Barely enough time for appearance and aroma.
I assume it was a checklist only, with no comments. If so, I can see 3 minutes would not be a stretch.
Y or N, tick the box. Next multiple/dual choice question.

Not quite judging, but probably closer to a commercial brew comp than a homebrew comp. So many entries and little time to judge in a commercial comp.

I am a beer judge, with a few years of experience (but not in the WW comp, mind you), and can see that this is more of a publicity stunt for NZPA inclusion in the BJCP style guidelines than an actual serious comp. My apologies to all who feel cheated now for entering a beer.

Williamswarn win the award for shortsighted advertising. The more I think about this the more sense it makes - it's a piece of gear designed for insecure men who need something big and shiny to prove themselves.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1402995862.791016.jpg

Liam_snorkel said:
Williamswarn win the award for shortsighted advertising. The more I think about this the more sense it makes - it's a piece of gear designed for insecure men who need something big and shiny to prove themselves.

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1402995862.791016.jpg
Ha ha. Just posted this in another ww thread. What a bunch of wankers.

Back