Williamswarn Beer Awards

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wobbly

Reaction score
Wiliamswarn ran a competition in NZ for WW brewers to produce what they (the brewer) considered to be a NZ Pale Ale and the results are in as detailed in the attachment.

There were 59 entries three of which were "All Grain" (entries 29, 55, and 57) they also included 5 commercial brews in the blind tasting to compare the WW entries against. There were 8 judges and they used the BJCP protocol to score the beers

Cheers

Wobbly

PS. For those considering purchasing a WW they have a promotion from today until the end of June where if you purchase a WW you get 19 of their kits included in the price. Details are available from Winequipe Melbourne (No affiliation just passing on the info)

View attachment 2014 Beer Awards Results for Brewers.pdf

As mentioned in the other thread, running your own competition is hardly a way to build credibility, if the entrants enter third party competitions it'd be a lot more of an advertisement.

Are you able to source the "all grain" vs. extract comments? It's not mentioned in your PDF..

Must agree....any one can run there own closed comp.

But how do they go against K&K,, WW, AG, BIAB, No Cill, etc

I have seen K&K brewers make a better beer than a full AG..

TBH....the WW will sort itself out in the generall population of brewers. Just like other alternative methods have. If people can see results against other methods they will buy. If it doesnt cut the mustard then only a small few will buy it. The same thing happened with BIAB & No-Chill. Let the brewers and results decide, not a marketing push

After all the shit in the previous threads?

Really?

Points for persistence wobbly, you must have a fair lump on your forehead by now and I'm personally amazed at your continued sales repping.

Williamswarn prototype?

untitled.png

SnakeDoctor said:
As mentioned in the other thread, running your own competition is hardly a way to build credibility, if the entrants enter third party competitions it'd be a lot more of an advertisement.

Are you able to source the "all grain" vs. extract comments? It's not mentioned in your PDF..
Well they kind of did - at least once

http://www.williamswarn.com/Gold-Medal-2012#.U5qRYBZpteg

The entire point of the competition - was simply to have NZPA accepted as a BJCP style. As NZ has 14 commercial hop varieties and numerous examples of Pale Ales with NZ hops only - WW decided to promote the style - for inclusion as a category. Sure - WW will self flagellate about the first 10 entries beating the (arguably) most commercially successful example of an NZPA - they organised the comp - I guess that makes them entitled to - they are trying to make money after all - no crime in that.

As Wobbly mentioned there were 3 AG entries - none of which finished in the top 10 - maybe if I had read the specifications (IBU's < 30) one of the AG entries might have done better.

Just because a product Sponsors an event does not make it De jure

When I win Powerball I'll definitely buy a couple of Williamswarns , a Roomba iRobot for every room and a Dualit toaster (with a spare one in case it fails on a Sunday morning).

I'd just buy a microbrewery at least it could potentially pay itself off :)

If I won powerball, I'd arrange to live serviced for the rest of my life at a location of my choosing, when I choose and not give a flying toad's ass how beer is made as long as it is served up by a roster of playmates.

Does we run a poetry competition yet?

I would employ vixens to sparge..

Then employe same young vixens to empty kettle into kettle..

Then..

Those same Vixens would be be required to bottle.

If those said vixens bottled out of a WW or fermenter...I would not give a shit

Bribie G said:
When I win Powerball I'll definitely buy a couple of Williamswarns , a Roomba iRobot for every room and a Dualit toaster (with a spare one in case it fails on a Sunday morning).
I bet the Dualit toaster makes good toast.

Nymphs of Diana

Hard by a Crystal Fountain - 2.24

And who wouldn't be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlZUpOpjVcU

Ducatiboy stu said:
Sorry....but my vixen is

VIXEN-Photography.jpg
10 mins after Stu's pots and I'm:

Soft by a Pearlescent Puddle - 2:24 (PB)

Back