Will Brew Today! But How!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGRO

Reaction score
Hay guys, i got a question for yas, im going to brew a morgans queensland bitter which i havent ever tried but anyway i have 1kg of liguid malt (light) and 1kg or sugars (its like brew enhancer 2 but from hbs)and a bag of saaz hops. now my question is should i use all the malt extract in the brew and only half the sugars, or vis versa? or chuck it all in together??

What ya think

Cheers!

I'd put it all in, but with more malt; 1kg of light liquid malt wouldn't be enough IMO for a standard size batch

Hay guys, i got a question for yas, im going to brew a morgans queensland bitter which i havent ever tried but anyway i have 1kg of liguid malt (light) and 1kg or sugars (its like brew enhancer 2 but from hbs)and a bag of saaz hops. now my question is should i use all the malt extract in the brew and only half the sugars, or vis versa? or chuck it all in together??

What ya think

Cheers!

using both malt and sugar/additive will give you an approx alcohol of 4.8%. Do you want a full strength result ? Tried two Morgan Queeenslanders with two differing results - first good, second ordinary - both times using simple K & k and Morgans yeast. What final flavour you looking for ? If the additive has malt and stuff, by adding that and more malt you will get a far maltier beer than the kit and kilo of sugar will have. The saaz will add aroma but not much flavour or bitterness (unless you boill it for a while). Are you aiming for a standard aussie lager (bitter with no real malt flavour) or a European style malty ?? Are the things we do with water eh !!

using both malt and sugar/additive will give you an approx alcohol of 4.8%. Do you want a full strength result ? Tried two Morgan Queeenslanders with two differing results - first good, second ordinary - both times using simple K & k and Morgans yeast. What final flavour you looking for ? If the additive has malt and stuff, by adding that and more malt you will get a far maltier beer than the kit and kilo of sugar will have. The saaz will add aroma but not much flavour or bitterness (unless you boill it for a while). Are you aiming for a standard aussie lager (bitter with no real malt flavour) or a European style malty ?? Are the things we do with water eh !!

Thanks for the replys. i gues im just looking for the aussie bitter taste, but yeah a full strenght beer around 5%

Hmmm thinking i might just chuck it all in!!

Thanks for the replys. i gues im just looking for the aussie bitter taste, but yeah a full strenght beer around 5%

Hmmm thinking i might just chuck it all in!!

THAT'S THE SHOT !! Add all, record for prosperity how you did it and get back to us in a couple of months with the results. Happy days !

What ya think

Cheers!

If you're going to use the whole kg of liquid malt I'd boil up about 20 g of hops for 45 min to add some
bitterness to balance the extra malt. Choice of hop is yours, but POR is the usual Aussie selection. Add a few big spoonfuls of malt to your boil and make sure it doesn't boil over.

Easy way to make really good beer, this is.

Latest posts

Back