WHY IS IT NOT FIVE O"CLOCK

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roverfj1200

Reaction score
I need a beer... Come on good ole five o clock.....

Cheers

6:17 where I am...having a beer. :drinks:

Still another 3 hours before I can get in my car to travel to place of beeriness.

At 3pm I was outta there and am enjoying a nice cold Mossiface Pale Ale at home right now.

Just got home from work :)

Sipping on (Smashing Down) a Stone and Wood Pacific Ale :chug:

Night shift. Starting at 6 tonight. No beer for me untill some time tomorrow arvo. :( And no I don't need to know how good those beers are...

I don't know how you guys can start drinking at 5, I always wait until at least 8am.

beer at 5.01? Do you work from home or were you cracking that beer while looking for your car keys?

Bridges said:
Night shift. Starting at 6 tonight. No beer for me untill some time tomorrow arvo. :( And no I don't need to know how good those beers are...
Reallo, tomorrow arvo? Why don't you drink after your shift?

Used to love that about night shift, hit the pubs in the city at 8am, get wasted with work mates and watch all those nicely dressed people rush towards their offices... Then go to bed and sleep all day until it all starts again.

Before migrating to Australia my last job was a labourer in a glassworks that had to run 24/7 as the furnaces were spewing out glass constantly.

Shifts were 6 am to 6 pm and 6 pm to 6 am .... four on and three off.

6 am to 6 pm. ..... rush out of the gate at 6 pm to the pub over the road where they had started handpumping / pouring pints of the beers 20 minutes earlier and all lined up in their dozens on the bar in sections according to style (bitter, lager. guinness etc)

6 pm to 6 am...... get pissed in the pub over the road and report for work with at least 8 cans to see you through the shift hidden in knapsack. Stagger home for a good hit of home brew and collapse to wake up at 5 pm.

Loved that job and lost a lot of weight, life's too short to eat :lol:

Also re OH&S despite handling glass tubes and sheets all shift I only ever slightly cut one finger :)

I was in Rockhampton, incredibly humid. A lot more humid than some places further north. We finished at 8.00am. Straight home. Drunk a 6 pack of XXXX heavy as quick as you could. Only a fan in those days no aircon. Into bed and about 2.00pm you'd wake up in a pool and I mean a pool of sweat. 38 degrees and 100% humidity. Then waited till you started again at midnight. ******* terrible!

I've lived in the outback where it's plus 43. I can tell ya I rather that any day than 10 degrees colder and huge humidity.

Florian said:

Used to love that about night shift, hit the pubs in the city at 8am, get wasted with work mates and watch all those nicely dressed people rush towards their offices... Then go to bed and sleep all day until it all starts again.
Playing footy tomorrow, so that first one is going to be magnificent. It'll probably only be one or two I manage though before I have to find some where for a good lie down!!!

Florian said:

I worked in a tyre factory for a few years when I was trying to decide what I "wanted to do", lots of night shift. Was great cracking open a beer a 8am out on the front porch in the sunshine while the neighbours were getting ready to go to work. Got a few weird looks from those that didn't know me, as I raised my glass at them. :lol:

he he you piss wrecks...

Afternoon shift at Ramset Fasteners was a blast. I used to sit by the cnc lathe with a bottle of Johny red mixed in a 2ltr coke bottle and not once did the foremen poke me with a stick :lol: :lol:

Although that was 25 odd yeas ago where have the good days gone!!

Now beer O'clock is 2pm every day so I never get to use my light force spotties unless I'm camping :drinks:

Back