Who's Off Their Face?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white.grant

tum te tum
Reaction score
Ok,

the plan is to raise money for something worthy and take the selfish edge off our self indulgence..

Post a pissed portrait here and pledge a dollar or two for whatever cause Fatgodzilla works out eventually.

To get things rolling, here is a very sober self portrait clearly worth 2 bucks

IMG_3066.JPG

sweating a bit there Grant ;)

I'm pretty screwed myself, drinking an 8.9% concoction of whatever kits and bits I had laying around. It's a struggle to drink it actually!

here's one I prepared earlier though, about 8am in Italy. Surely 2 bucks.

dsc00250kl4.jpg

Ok,

the plan is to raise money for something worthy and take the selfish edge off our self indulgence..

Post a pissed portrait here and pledge a dollar or two for whatever cause Fatgodzilla works out eventually.

To get things rolling, here is a very sober self portrait clearly worth 2 bucks

View attachment 24398

I'm sure that the cause that you want us to donate to is a noble one but if you expect me to post a pic of myself in a smashed state I should be the one getting the dollars. :icon_cheers:

And (Never start a sentence with "and") Batz & Co don't even think about it!
grrr-0023.gif

TP

sweet idea mate i will post when i get a chance to pick out a nice drunken photo.

cheers
carty

gallery_7530_421_31735.jpg

Me after a long flight of drinking free beer to HongKong, detained by the health police and questioned for bird flue.

And (Never start a sentence with "and") Batz & Co don't even think about it!
grrr-0023.gif

TP

Sorry for off topic but I cant leave these things alone.
Hey TP,
Who says you cant start a sentence with a conjuction?? Of course you can.
You can start a sentence with any conjuction (and, or, if,of, but) etc.
And here is but one link;

AND here it is

We were only ever told not to, but for the wrong reasons.
Regards,
mckenry

This could get messy. i forsee swap photos being exchanged for money.

This is a good thread - how many people have the courage to post a pic of themselves ? The byline might have been "Show us ya mug"?

My choice of avatar obviously shows that I have no issue with anyone putting a face to a username.... but how many members are reticent to show themselves ? personal choice, of course, and completely up to the user.

Let me scour for a truly awful "on the piss" photo.......

By extension: we should run a competition as to who can provide the best "Off their chops" photo from past or present.

Any ideas for a prize ? And shall we get drinkin'!?

"AHB - Providing the Australian community with a responsible outlook on alcohol consumption"

Sorry for off topic but I cant leave these things alone.
Hey TP,
Who says you cant start a sentence with a conjuction?? Of course you can.
You can start a sentence with any conjuction (and, or, if,of, but) etc.
And here is but one link;

AND here it is

We were only ever told not to, but for the wrong reasons.
Regards,
mckenry

Still :icon_offtopic:

mckenry,

Thanks for that. But it was about grade 5 or thereabouts that I was told. And I think that your link is very imformative. Or it might not be so? If it is that's good mate. Of course, I am still am very hesitant about starting a sentence with any conjunction :lol:
Happy Brewing.

TP

Thanks for that. >>But<< it was about grade 5 or thereabouts that I was told. And I think that your link is very imformative. Or it might not be so? If it is that's good mate. Of course, I am still am very hesitant about starting a sentence with any conjunction :lol:

BUT ?

Just because we have learned it as part of some antiquated syllabus from times gone by, doesnt mean it's correct.

And for the record, Im off my face right now. Winding down after a few hours (unpaid) at work.

BUT ?

Just because we have learned it as part of some antiquated syllabus from times gone by, doesnt mean it's correct.
Just as I was taught to substitute 22/7 for Pi . Which I have only recently learnt is incorrect.

Brad

Equation: 3.1428
Pi: 3.1415

I had to check that out. But you're right.

Relevance of accuracy outside of pure theoretical circles might well deem 22/7 as an acceptable real-world subsitute for most uses.

Still :icon_offtopic:

mckenry,

Thanks for that. But it was about grade 5 or thereabouts that I was told. And I think that your link is very imformative. Or it might not be so? If it is that's good mate. Of course, I am still am very hesitant about starting a sentence with any conjunction :lol:
Happy Brewing.

TP

I just read that link............. Stick to yout guns TP. If something is written on the internet does it make it correct? But I mean you totally could like start a sentence with a conjuction, if thats what your into.

"But I've already done it". Isn't the "but" redundant?
"AND here it is". Isn't the "AND" redundant?

But you know, whatever.

Equation: 3.1428
Pi: 3.1415

I had to check that out. But you're right.

Relevance of accuracy outside of pure theoretical circles might well deem 22/7 as an acceptable real-world subsitute for most uses.

Way OT now..

Not having a crack, and on this learning thing, my Mechanics lecturer in my first year at uni was a stickler for calculations being correct to 5 decimal places, answers in 3 decimal places.

pi is 3.14159265 which makes it 3.1416, to 5 decimal places, and 3.14 to 3 decimal places.

:rolleyes: Bob Lane would be rolling in his grave.... (If he's actually dead yet...:unsure:)

Latest posts

Back