Who's Off Their Face?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ermm.. at the risk of being flamed for keeping this soooooooooo far off topic, it's actually not :blink:
Earth's still round. It's just not a sphere - it's a spheroid. I used a mean diameter to account for this.

Because of its rotation, the Earth's shape is more similar to an oblate spheroid than to a sphere. In cartography, in fact, the Earth is often assumed to be a standard oblate spheroid, with the current World Geodetic System model being a ≈ 6,378.137 km and b ≈ 6,356.752 km (a difference of over 21 km).
And yes, this belongs in off-topic. Probably did from the start.

Earth's still round. It's just not a sphere - it's a spheroid. I used a mean diameter to account for this.

Technically no, it's a revolved ellipse. It's only perfectly round when cut through a plane parallel with equator. Cut any other way, it's an ellipse

Technically no, it's a revolved ellipse. It's only perfectly round when cut through a plane parallel with equator. Cut any other way, it's an ellipse
Which is just a different way to say spheroid;
Ellipsoid:

The ellipsoid has three principal plane sections, a, b, and c, each at right angles to the other two, and each dividing the solid into two equal and symmetrical parts. The lines of meeting of these principal sections are the axes, or principal diameters of the ellipsoid. The point where the three planes meet is the center. Ellipsoid of revolution, a spheroid; a solid figure generated by the revolution of an ellipse about one of its axes.

It is called a prolate spheroid, or prolatum, when the ellipse is revolved about the major axis, and an oblate spheroid, or oblatum, when it is revolved about the minor axis.

Source: Websters Dictionary
I don't think Mantis meant the strict definition of 'round' - "having a circular cross-section through more than one direction", but rather 'round' as in "not flat". How far off topic are we? I can see my house from here.

This was supposed to be "who's off their face", right? It seems to have become "who's drunk at got somethin' to argue about?"

Remember kids - don't drink and derive!

no_idea_thread.jpg

This was supposed to be "who's off their face", right? It seems to have become "who's drunk at got somethin' to argue about?"

Yep it was, and to get back on topic, I'll put up a pineapple to see Fatz lose his cookie duster, and I'm sober as a judge. I'd offer meself except I don't have a beard to shave.... Great idea, Grant and sorry to run your thread off course for a bit.

Who else has some spondoola to see the big fella lose his face rug?

Yep it was, and to get back on topic, I'll put up a pineapple to see Fatz lose his cookie duster, and I'm sober as a judge. I'd offer meself except I don't have a beard to shave.... Great idea, Grant and sorry to run your thread off course for a bit.

Who else has some spondoola to see the big fella lose his face rug?
im in for the same.

:icon_offtopic:

I'm sober as a judge
Or a magistrate? <_<

When I see the hand-slaps handed out by the judiciary these days I wonder if judges, etc are ever sober when handing out their supposedly correct penalties?
Don't say a thing Bonj old mate.:icon_cheers:

TP

i dont have an awesomly funny rabbit with a pancake on its head picture to post so i thuoght I would post this one instead, off my face you can tell cause im smoking, only happens when im pissed.

great idea keep us posted on when the donation thingo takes place.

cheers
carty

me.JPG

Caught up with Quantocks, Fermented at the Squire Bar last week. I pm'd them to declare if they didn't want the photo posted, haven't heard back (hope they are still alive :eek: )

The three stooges after pints of:
Porter
Pilsener
IPA
IPA
Governor something
Highwayman ??
Pilsener
Amber
Golden Ale
I staggered off for the bus about six o'clock, they were still going strong :party:

Mrs Fermented (not in photo) actually drank us under the table.

L to R:

Quantocks, Fermented, BribieG - the lopsided pissed grin usually kicks in after six pints:

3_stooges.JPG

Me and my son and best mate Charlie on Christmas Day singing a punk version of twinkle twinkle little star!
Look at the passion!

Christmas6_Small.jpg

Cheers
Steve

Edit....oh and theres Pa in the background - pissed! lol

Me and my son and best mate Charlie on Christmas Day singing a punk version of twinkle twinkle little star!
Look at the passion!

View attachment 24673

Cheers
Steve

Edit....oh and theres Pa in the background - pissed! lol

My 3yo daughter is looking to start a band if you guys are keen.

Attachments

• 100_4002.JPG
    100_4002.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 19
what`s with that signature in the last post above? :huh:

stagga.

Shite, man....you don't look as old as you actually are....somewhat surprised, eh?. Who'd a thunk that you were Mollie Sugdens bridesmaid? :lol:

I lied. I'm actually 97 but I've had a very easy life.

If you look carefully at the photo you'll note a slightly whiter upper tooth, that's a crown replacing a tooth I lost biting a stick of rock in my teens. :p

I lied. I'm actually 97 but I've had a very easy life.

If you look carefully at the photo you'll note a slightly whiter upper tooth, that's a crown replacing a tooth I lost biting a stick of rock in my teens. :p

Bribie, you look less, ummm, hairy (furry?) in real life than in your avatar. Same smile though ;)

Back