Who In Melbourne Loves A Parma And A Microbrew!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I signed up for the Mrs. Parmas email newsletter and got this a couple of days ago:

2 Brothers Chief is now on tap!

The things you need to know about your new favourite beer

The Style: Marzen/Oktoberfest - Munich style amber lager.
The Aroma: Malty, toasty & clean. No esters, no hop aroma.
The Flavour: Biscuity/toasty maly character with some malt sweetness noticible. Sufficient hop bitterness to balance the malt & sweetness but emphasis is towards malt. Alcohol is detectable on the palate - 6.3%. Clean balanced finish without any lingering sweetness or bitterness.
The Mouthfeel: Medium, smooth, moderate carbonation.
Overall: Cheif is a clean, easy drinking amber lager. Despite the higher alcohol content, its proven to be very sessionable.

The boys have really pulled off an amazing beer with the cheif
This is a while stocks last, limited pour!

Better watch out the chief can sneak up on you (6.3%)
so to keep the tribe happy it is available in pots only!

2 Brothers Chief is now on tap!

.... Alcohol is detectable on the palate - 6.3%.

ahh... I was drinking the cheif at 2 brothers last friday and I wondered why they didn't serve it in pints...

has anyone else tried the cheif? I think it tastes very similar to their "rusty" and I'm wondering if it's just my dodgy tastebuds?

Any chance of coming along to this next friday? (i assume you mean friday the 22nd)

i don't know anybody from here personally but i do like beer and chicken

if you thinbk its dodgy check with the staff. we had the 2 bros growler the other week and its was infected or oxidised, corked whatever. we told them and they tapped a new keg and it tasted fine.

add your name to the list neill

Actually planned to head here on friday after uni for some tea, checked out the website looks good.

Aaron

Hey guys,

Went to Mrs.Parmas today with 2 mates in between leactures for lunch. Got there and was greated with a grin and a friendly hello. Kitchen wasn't yet open but they took our orders anway and told us as soon as the kitchen was ready that we would be first served(which i thought was nice of them), so we treated ourselves to a pot of beer, i had a holgate white ale..... OH MY GOD..... I've found a beer i want to marry... it's just delicous nice and fruity and you get a nice aftertaste of spices which works fantastic wiht the parma which was also excellent and huge, also had to Gippsland gold ale and a Hargreaves Hill ESB both of which where pretty nice. The microbrews ar $5 a pot so its not uber cheap and the parmas are $22 each.... However saying that its well well worth it you leave full and satasfied and so long as you don't do it all the time, even for us uni students, its an affordable meal out.

"The only bad thing about Mrs.Parmas" my mate said "is that you have to go back all the time to try there beers"

If you live in melbourne GO!! Just go you wont regret it.

Cheers

Aaron

Anyone know what's on tap at the moment? Going there tonight for a quiet catch-up with a mate down from Sydney.

Anyone know what's on tap at the moment? Going there tonight for a quiet catch-up with a mate down from Sydney.
i suppose you could look at the website

nfi whats on rotating tap atm though.

That's kinda what I was getting at.

Thanks for introducing me to the internet but! :p

In case anyone was wondering: Arctic Fox Ice.

i was being a smart arse, bum.

was the arctic fox any good. i dont think ive tried it yet.

i was being a smart arse, bum.

arse bum, tee-hee-hee, naughty words! :lol:

was the arctic fox any good. i dont think ive tried it yet.
I've tried both their lager and their pale ale. The lager is a boring, forgettable standard aussie lager, so should sell well to the megaswill crowds looking for something "a bit fancy"

The pale ale is a quite approachable English pale ale, nicely hopped, without too much carbonation. Think of a Fat Yak, but with pommy hops, and a little more hop character in the flavour. I expect it to be a commercial failure in this beer-swilling nation

I've tried the Arctic Fox Lager (bottled, not on tap) and it was pretty uninspiring, nothing glaringly bad about it, but nothing to rave about. I drank it and smiled politey (was offered by a mate who knows i like my beers and thought he was doing the right thing by offering me a micro beer).

I wouldn't bother with it otherwise. Just my 2c.

Cheers SJ

it was the lager i was thinking of then. i definitely havent tried the pale ale yet.

Getting back on track with the purpose of this thread, I have only 3 more weeks until I'm back working in the city, :beerbang: .

Do we have any takers for a Mrs Parma lunch, for Friday 12th of Feb?

CM2, are you back on the horse yet?

Getting back on track with the purpose of this thread, I have only 3 more weeks until I'm back working in the city, :beerbang: .

Could be inspiring! ;) Assuming Maple and CM2 are in on the action it could be a fun lunchbreak! ;)

back under the wagon :)

Feb 12 is in my diary

We should let Rooky and Wardy know also. Oh and AndyD

Latest posts

Back