Which Vacuum Sealer?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently Pack & Seal (if I remember correctly) has bags that are the schiz.

Peops from my work in Sydney periodically order about 5000 bags (they come in big lots, that might not be exact) and divvy them up.

Havent done it myself, but was talking to one of the lads down there some time ago.

The company sells heavy duty/commercial etc sealers.

I've had two or three cheap ones from ebay over the years, mostly for vacuum packing fish fillets before I got into brewing, but I find the cheap ones take in water and die after a while.

I now have a Sunbeam channel type vacuum sealer that in my opinion beats the cheap ebay ones hands down. They're not cheap, but I find that you tend to get the quality that you pay for.

The Sunbeam model works great...but can overheat if you are going hard like I have. Slow the pace if you are doing a lot of bagging and it'll do the job.

Build a stage the same height as where the bag roll comes out of the machine so the bag sits on top when vacuum sealing. Use something flat with some weight above the bag when vacuum sealing (I'm using a piece of cardboard with a box of screws on top of it) and you'll make a flat pancake of your dried hops. So much easier to pack in the freezer that way.

Those bag roll holders/cutters are literally the only difference between the Luvele Supreme and Turbo versions. For $50 difference at the moment given the special on the Turbo, didn't seem worth it. Scissors will do :)

Got mine today, gonna start vac sealing everything!!!!!!

Wouldn't even give it the dignity... pos. LOL

Well had the perfect excuse to vac seal this morning as two of my hop bags had lost vacuum from the old shitty seal strip on my last sealer. Turbo mode is awesome, packs em so hard and tight (TWSS). Thumbs up from me! Also those commercial bag rolls linked above are HEAPS thicker than the stuff you get with the sealers. Won't bother using anything else now I have felt the difference.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Also those commercial bag rolls linked above are HEAPS thicker than the stuff you get with the sealers. Won't bother using anything else now I have felt the difference.
yep. when I bought them not long ago and vac sealed up a 1/2 lamb i thought they did a better job of vacuuming due to the bag structure and being able to write on them was a bonus..plus they felt like better material than the aldi or other similar vac bags

I now have something like 100m of them due to some ordering/shipping mixups :)

If someone could help sway me.

I'm looking at the Luvele units. I'm tossing up between the "turbo" and the "supreme" models. Is the inbuilt cutter/storage worth the extra $50?

Sounds like a lot of savings BUT being able to store and not fiddle around cutting the bags also sounds good. Is that the only real difference? Anyone had any experience with having a storage/cutter and not having it. A must have?

HELP ME?!?!?

If you can use scissors, you don't need the bag cutter. If it was $10-15 more I would have got it, but IMO it's not worth it for $50. The turbo works great and while my bag ends are not geometrically square, it does the job.

You don't need the bag cutter. HOWEVER, having used both mine without the cutter and Yob's with, I'd have to say it's pretty effin' handy and the next sealer I buy will have one.

I bought mine from kogan... it has inhaled it's fair share of DME i'm sure but still truckin....

Ended up pulling the trigger on the supreme.

It came with 30m of bag. $80 + $20 for extra bags it works out only $20 more for the cutter/storage.

Can't wait :D

Back