Which Vacuum Sealer?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DJ_L3ThAL said:
Interested which actual Luvele/Luvelo models you guys have? The "Turbo" one appears to have the most features and is not the most expensive one either.
DJ_L3ThAL said:
Interested which actual Luvele/Luvelo models you guys have? The "Turbo" one appears to have the most features and is not the most expensive one either.
They've updated the cosmetic design, but mine still has the same features as the current model.

I'd recommend it.

Ed-Forgot the pic... I'll put it up again later

I have a Luvelo one as well that I got about 3ish years ago, have had no problems with it. Its options are wet/dry and normal/turbo, but I only use it for hops anyway. Still on the original bag rolls that came with it!

TSMill said:
Another with a luvelo and no issues.

For steak, best to put them in the freezer for a short while prior to sealing to prevent juices running.
or buy better aged steaks so they dont have heaps of 'juices' pouring out of them

for those that are after bags

The Packaging Centre is pleased to offer 15% off all products until 6 March - simply enter discount code TPC15OFF at checkout.

Visit www.thepackagingcentre.com.au and check out our expanded product range, including new foodsaver roll packs and coffee bags and kraft paper stand-up pouches.

With free shipping and discounts on large orders, take advantage of an additional 15% off when you place an order before 6 March 2016.

depends on what thickness you want. i use their non channel bags and they are a decent thickness.

barls said:
depends on what thickness you want. i use their non channel bags and they are a decent thickness.
True. I'm comparing their channelled bags (one side smooth, one side not).. I just bought the equivalents off ebay for a fair bit less per/m than their pricing shows,and seem to be similar specs, but perhaps their other bags are different value.

SBOB said:
I looked at that one but the lack of different preset options (wet/dry and normal/turbo) in ecxhage for a pulse button didn't seem like an improvement, and the extra 'power' seemed overkill for normal home use...
That's the one I've had for nearly 2 years now.
The pulse button is a great feature. You can just hold it down until you've got the amount of vacuum you want, then press the seal button.
I use that far more often than the automatic vacuum/seal feature.

Not me. But I can't see why it would be any better than a Luvele. It's got less features too with only the single button vacuum/auto seal.

I've asked Luvele about a bulk buy, hopefully hear from them tomorrow. Don't get excited just yet, think their currently pricing is about as good as it gets...

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Not me. But I can't see why it would be any better than a Luvele. It's got less features too with only the single button vacuum/auto seal.

I've asked Luvele about a bulk buy, hopefully hear from them tomorrow. Don't get excited just yet, think their currently pricing is about as good as it gets...

I'm only curious about the Dometic one as my work deals with the company that is selling them and I may be able to get a 'special' price..

But if a bulk buy does come about then I could be in..

*edit-da spellings

Bulk buy is a no go. The ebay prices are as good as they get. I'm of to but a turbo unit now as the price is very good. Might get a high quality bag roll from one of the links suggested in either this thread or the other long vacuum sealer thread. Link here http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=281400347009&alt=web anyone able to vouch for these rolls as being superior quality? Ive got tonnes of bags from my eurolab (deals direct), but figure if buying a new sealer might be best to try higher quality bags also.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Bulk buy is a no go. The ebay prices are as good as they get. I'm of to but a turbo unit now as the price is very good. Might get a high quality bag roll from one of the links suggested in either this thread or the other long vacuum sealer thread. Link here http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=281400347009&alt=web anyone able to vouch for these rolls as being superior quality? Ive got tonnes of bags from my eurolab (deals direct), but figure if buying a new sealer might be best to try higher quality bags also.
I got those recently and they seem good quality and work as expected, and I much prefer them to the grooved both sides bag that the luvele came with.. seemed to work better and also easier to label

Latest posts

Back