Where To Get Cheap Fermenters In Melbourne?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrumpy

Reaction score
anyone know the best place to get a cheap 30L ferm in the S/E suberbs??

been to bunnings but can't find there ones, what isle thy meant to be in??

40-50 bucks is a rip off i recon from the local home brew shops..

the big green shed has 25 litre jobs and they should be on the end of the barbie aisle.

Where are you paying 40-50 dollars? Grain Grape have 30 L for $25 - add $10 for tap, airlock and grommet but only the tap is necessary.

anyone know the best place to get a cheap 30L ferm in the S/E suberbs??

been to bunnings but can't find there ones, what isle thy meant to be in??

40-50 bucks is a rip off i recon from the local home brew shops..

Here:

http://www.crownconcepts.com.au/general.html

30 litre
$9.50
48 to a pallet
*Often used to brew beer in. Also used to store oil etc.

15 litre
$7.50
80 to a pallet

60 litre
$25
48 to a pallet

------------ edit: already posted b4.... but great find. I maybe won't.. hmnn... but really want one to rack my beer into for secondary/priming! tough decision.

I have one right now, Reuven bought one for me before I got down that way, they are genuine good stuff made by Willow in Australia (I was expecting a cheapo ferm). He went to G&G later in the day and they sell the exact same ones.....

$0.80 for a tap from same^ place, $1.50 for a set of two grommets from BigW and $4-4.50 for an airlock from LHBS is what I remember in prices to complete the set.

That joint up there sells them by the piece.

Where are you paying 40-50 dollars? Grain Grape have 30 L for $25 - add $10 for tap, airlock and grommet but only the tap is necessary.

they are sold as complete ferms, air lock/taps at the 2 closest stores to me, my 2 are full and need to get my hands on one this w/e, cant warrent a trip to yarraville for one.

Maybe not but for future reference, you could fill that fermenter with all kinds of goodies that weighed just under 20kg and get it delivered for 7.45. Even the fermenter + postage comes in cheaper than the 40-50. I wouldn't pay that either.

Practicalfool's link looks the goods. Whereabouts in Melbourne are you?

Here:

I have one right now, Reuven bought one for me before I got down that way, they are genuine good stuff made by Willow in Australia (I was expecting a cheapo ferm). He went to G&G later in the day and they sell the exact same ones.....

$0.80 for a tap from same^ place, $1.50 for a set of two grommets from BigW and $4-4.50 for an airlock from LHBS is what I remember in prices to complete the set.

That joint up there sells them by the piece.

mate i found that post, you say they sell them singularly??

i got a 60ltr gathering dust that i`ll part with for 30 and a beer. no lid but sure i can dig up a tap. pm if interested

mate i found that post, you say they sell them singularly??

yep, confirmed - Sold by the piece. just need to drill the right hole in the lid for grommet and airlock. (Any basic set of bits will do one large enough :))

Maybe not but for future reference, you could fill that fermenter with all kinds of goodies that weighed just under 20kg and get it delivered for 7.45. Even the fermenter + postage comes in cheaper than the 40-50. I wouldn't pay that either.

Practicalfool's link looks the goods. Whereabouts in Melbourne are you?

I'm in frankston manticle, that joint is in cheltenham, I could maybe get there b4 they shut at 2.30, when i finish work.

Latest posts

Back