Where To Buy Stainless Stockpots In Melbourne?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewchild

Reaction score
Hi :beer: ,

I'm looking to do a 3tier gravity set up and want to find 50L -70L stockpots.

The best I can do so far is $182 each plus P&P from Sydney for Robinox

Advice would be much appreciated as I am on a limited build budget.

I intend to name it Moonshadow Brewery :super:

cheers

Brewchild

cheers

Brewchild

hi, does robinox have a website, and if so what is it?
are they stainless steel . and do they have the thick base?
it seems a good price you have.

ebay has new s/s reinforced base pots on offer , just use search.

cheers

cheers

Brewchild

Where in Melb town are you? I found my cheapie SS mega-pot in an asian tat shop in Footscray. Springvale & Richmond or Collingwood have simular places.

Velophile makes a valid point.

If you *want* stainless steel, then so be it. If you are happy with aluminium, then go for it and spend the money you save on other stuff.

The medical scares around Al and alzheimer's etc were dismissed quite credibly a long time ago.

It doesn't have the bling factor, but it works real well - at least for me!

does anyone know where in springvale you can get cheap s/s pots? I'm interested in something around the 50litre mark. i assume that the kind of place i'm after is some sort of large asian grocery store, but there's likely to be a lot in springvale so if anyone could point me in the right direction.

there is heaps and it's well worth having a walk around to get your best price and best pot, the shop across the road from springvale station is a good place to start and then there is another down the road a bit near the bus stop, good luck :)

-Phill

I stopped by Bestcaterer in Ringwood last week and they had large stock pots on offer. They are not on their website that I could find, but are in store. Not sure what size they were. I have a 50L SS pot and they were selling some that are bigger than mine new for $270. They could have been 70L, maybe even 100L. I'm sure you could find a better deal but they sure looked nice. Springvale seems to be the place.

As well as springvale dont forget to browse Victoria St, Burnley / Richmond...theres loads of asian shops there too and i'd be heading there first as its a bit closer for me than springvale rd.

Just thought I'd make mention of a great bargain I recently found.... Not a stockpot of 50l capacity but something that may be useful for other extract and K&K brewers!

"The Warehouse" (formerly Clint's Crazy Bargains?) in Geelong are selling 18.9l stainless stockpots for $13.95. I would guess that other 'Warehouse' stores would have the same stock or could perhaps order these....?

I notice that Grain and Grape have a number of stainless steel brew pots.

Are these reasonable quality and value ?

i got my main boiling pot from G+G it's a bit more expencive than some but good quality and they were happy to drill holes into it for a tap ect. for me, also delivered to my door

-Phill

I would buy a large cheap Aluminium pot for mashing but I would only boil in Stainless. Heavy botton and good quality. Apparantly their are links to alsymes if you boil in aluminuim for extended periods and then consume the fluid inside ( this is how we make beer eh... ).

CHeers!

Just thought I'd make mention of a great bargain I recently found.... Not a stockpot of 50l capacity but something that may be useful for other extract and K&K brewers!

"The Warehouse" (formerly Clint's Crazy Bargains?) in Geelong are selling 18.9l stainless stockpots for $13.95. I would guess that other 'Warehouse' stores would have the same stock or could perhaps order these....?

I bought one of these and took it back the next day when I found out that they do not hold 18.9litres - closer to 16.5litres. I got the impression from the woman at the returns counter that I wasn't the first.

Caveat Brewer

I would buy a large cheap Aluminium pot for mashing but I would only boil in Stainless. Heavy botton and good quality. Apparantly their are links to alsymes if you boil in aluminuim for extended periods and then consume the fluid inside ( this is how we make beer eh... ).

CHeers!

I think you'll find that theory's been well & truly discredited Bear.

went to a heap of stores in springvale today but couldnt find what i was after so i buckled and forked out for a robinox 50l SS at a catering shop. Here it is doing a test 30l boil :)

stockpot.JPG

went to a heap of stores in springvale today but couldnt find what i was after so i buckled and forked out for a robinox 50l SS at a catering shop. Here it is doing a test 30l boil :)

I went to the South Melbourne Markets back in May and found some very reasonably priced ss pots. Very reasonabale :super: . Can't remember the name of the shop though. The markets arent that big there so it shouldnt be that hard to wander around and find it.

BYB

Thread revival.

Anybody found anywhere other than above? Im probably looking at 100l to future proof a bit. Happy to Do a walk round Sprinvale and SM Markets but would like to hear if anyone has found somewhere else, Victoria street for example?

Try Cellar Plus, they had some fairly big pots when i was in the on the weekend. Didnt get prices unfortunately as i couldnt see any on them. But they did have quite a big selection to choose from.

Latest posts

Back