Where Did Your Username Come From?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dog is a Boston Terrier, Frank, that's him in the avatar.

And do you know how many people have sighned up here and thought they were actually called Rice Gulls...... to the point of going into the local HBS and asking for them.
lucky that firmenters and firminters sounds close to what you might be asking for.

luv the rice gulls. I'm happy to use the term at my lhbs. He always has a giggle, although it may be malicious. :lol:

Oh, me? My story??? Was gonna go by Teninchtongue, for which my brewery (such as it is) is named, but it wasn't relevant here. I had a vague recollection of someone on a brew forum named Weizguy. Ran a google to see if there any chance of confusion. I figured it was cool to share a nickname (if necessary). Haven't googled it for a while, but I'm pretty sure that it's unique, 'specially in Oz.
After a bit of pressure from some veteran brewers (you know who you are - Ray M and Barry C), I decided to add the "Les the" bit. Thanks to Doc for the upgrade. Never looked back. More exposure. More respect when it's earned.

Love the wheat beer (although I see Witbier as more of a spice/adjunct beer, than a wheat). BYO flame suit, I never wear one.
German wheats, paler ones more in the early daze. As my tastebuds mature, I tend to favour the darker (and sometimes stronger) wheat ales/ wheat wines.
I could go on.

Les out :p

I was listening to a lot of Custard back in the mid 90's when I needed a nickname for something. Just picked a song title off one of their CDs. Nothing to do with cans of goo.

I got lazy & just used my nickname.. which just happens to be my Surname - Beers :)

Best name I could think of at the time that could be mis-spelt to make a brewing reference that was still free. The avatar is just something I found via google. I like the name and now use it in other places.

Family of Middle Eastern extraction and I like a drink. Actually given to me by Grumpy Thomas (tdh) when he was working there.
As for the avatar, hmmm..."I'm free" :lol:

C&B
TDA

Well, its a nickname ive had since i turned 18....

most people think its because if my big curly hairy, but its actually to do with my drinking and eating habits. for as long as ive known my dad has always finished off peoples meals as he believed that wasting food was bad. so i sortve took that on, but also did it with drinks as well. say my mates had half a beer they didnt want, id drink it because i was so used to doing that and also because i was really poor... (finishing year 12, no job, just turned 18 etc etc). one night at the pub my mate called me a sponge, and it has stuck ever since.

to this day if they ever need a meal or drink to be finished theyll just pass it down to me without asking.

as for the picture... i don't know, i enjoy cleaning...

Sponge

A bunch of school friends and I used to make stupid sayings up and this was one that I grew attached too. Been saying it for about 20 years now.

Wanted to use my name but it was taken so added "n" to the end if it and got accepted.
The avatar was sent to me by a mate as I have pet ferrets.

Cheers
Ian

Friends often just call me by my surname (Brown) so figured mixing brown with something beer related and came up with king brown.

I'm too lazy to put an avatar up :rolleyes:

Name: Matti
Avatar: I like to watch! :ph34r:

Reviled - Was my bands name in school, we played extremely hard heavy metal when everyone else was into punk and pop music, so we werent very popular... So we thought the name was appropriate, Reviled means hated :p

Names just stuck since, use it for any internet log in cos its never taken...

Dont have an avatar cos I havnt figured out how to put one on :huh: If I did, it would be my profile pic which is my project, a 1985 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.6litre, painted orange, 3 years plus in the making, and then I found brewing ;)

I'm a big Jimmy Buffett Fan - hence the Jimmy. The 01 - because Jimmy was already taken.

Avatar is of Jimmy's album which is titled Living and Dying in 3/4 Time which reminds me to slow down and enjoy life.

Cheers
Dave

The Two Ronnies used to do a sketch with two yokels sitting around talking - much like many of their sketches, come to think of it.

Yokel #1: I don't drinks much, really.
Yokel #2: Really? Why's that, then?
Yokel #1: Well, I spills most of it, don't I...

Anyone who knows me will tell you that I don't drink much at all...

Avatar? I'm more of a cpio man (ascii character headers and 5120 byte blocking factor).

Back