Where Did Your Username Come From?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just used my name. Guess I'm just boring.

From an old Tom Waits song. Been using it for about 6 years round and about.

However I've found it very appropriate for this forum. :chug:

My name is Michael Rowe.

Shortened to Mike Rowe - again to micro, but five characters is too short for the free online email I was using at the time I signed up for AHB so added a couple of letters to make it beer related.

Cheers,

microbe

Surname is Thompson.

Mad keen Blackburn Rovers supporter, hence the Avatar.

GMK = Grand Master Kenny.

bestowed upon my a very long time ago by my First Beer brewing Apprentice - Padewin Zac...
He found the site and when i joined - i need a nic - so GMK it was. :)

I thought of the "Nights of NIC" 1st - but settled on GMK

Mine took hundreds of hours of thought and consideration to come up with

Funny thing for me is i am a GrantW but there is already one here... anyhow flattop has been my nic for years... although some call me curly.

Forgot about the avatar, it's a gargoyle off a church in Munich, i went there a while back and drank lots of beer.
The thing i like about gargoyles is they vomit water when it rains (medieval downpipes).

I've been known as db since I was a kid, its my first two initials and years ago when I signed up to some american forum db was already taken, so considering I'm an aussie I went for ausdb and its just stuck from there, plus when I joined here there was already a deebee.
My avatar is my "brewmunchkin" nephew who loves to help out on brewdays when he visits.

I found it on one of my beer labels one night and thought,that'll do.

3Batzpilsner.jpg

Actually it's a nick I had in primary school,comes from my family name.

Batz

i always find nicknames interesting

i wrote a program that generates random letters and i used a batch that looked a bit like a word then through it in google to make sure no one else was using it, almost everything that comes up now is me

the pic is my bass, i customized the paint job with a gulf club and a box cutter :blink:

And now everyone knows you as the rice gulls bloke ! :D

And do you know how many people have sighned up here and thought they were actually called Rice Gulls...... to the point of going into the local HBS and asking for them.

I am 6'3" and was shearing a very small lamb one day in a shed over in SA. The boss of the board walked over and said, "allan, you look like a praying mantis eating a fly". Needless to say the nick stuck, so have been mantis to those guys ever since.

So when I started interneting I decided on mantis.

:icon_cheers:

Back