Where Did Your Username Come From?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My name is Tim, the last two letters just found their way in.

BTW this is my first post in over a year so hooray for everything!!!!

fraser_john was the user name I chose when Hotmail first started in the 90's as john_fraser was unavaible already, I have used it for pretty much everything ever since.

Zwickel is called a sampling tap on a vat. Also the beer that gets sampled on the zwickel tap is called "Zwickel Beer".
Its an unfiltered, cloudy beer, right after fermentation has been completed.

Needless to tell ya, that I love Zwickel-Beers most.

ahem....my avatar...due to my consumption of too much zwickel beers, my personal development got stuck... :lol:

Cheers :icon_cheers:

Sometimes I wish I had been cleverer, but I'm grantw pretty much everywhere

no mystery with mine, short for Sullivan (last name), usually gets abbreviated to Suls. But also I am a largish diameter around the waste like the blue fella out of Monsters Inc.

Cheers

Sully

mines the same as some of the guys on here. barls is short for barlin. i answer to it on all the forums and at work so its an easy one for me.

I was called Dig at birth by my sister who was learning to talk at the time and had trouble with 'Dean'. So I've always been Dig or Diggy or Digwah or Diglette. And Dig Head every once in a while. Avatar is an Atomic stovetop espresso maker. I have a few of these. I like movies, candle-lit dinners and long walks on the beach.

Some really good ways people have come up with there username, quite interesting actually..
A few of them I had already imagined how they come about, keep em coming guys..

:beer:

I know this awesome guy called Jye so I stole his name.

Love the simpsons, handy quote from treehouse of horrors... plus favourite number.
Plus a bit of using similar names on all other kinds of software, usernames, etc...

:icon_offtopic: Enjoying a nice porter made during a AG course at tafe a few months back... Cheers!

My nickname goes a long way back, and I tend to make up a story on the spot to explain where it comes from orginally because I forget.

Long story short its a bastardisation of my last name (Morgan).
I used the name Muggus as my email address best part of 10 years ago, and one day a schoolmate who I'd occasionally chat to through ICQ refered to me as Muggus because my email address was my name on ICQ.
It somehow caught on in school, and i've been known as Muggus ever since. Now its to the point where i'm actually introduced as Muggus at parties and there are a large number of aqquantainces that don't know me by any other name! :unsure:

My name is Mike van Zoggel. I had a car that was fast around corners, so it had a personalised plate, MVZ00M. First forums I joined were car forums, hence the logic.

Cheers - Mike

Follically challenged.

Given to me by a mate, who was vertically challenged. He now goes by the name "the poisened dwarf"

Fester

Have 5 pet frogs that have travelled over 2000k's with me.

Hence the name.

Pic changes when I find a better 1.

FROGMAN......

hypnotoad.jpg

When signing up all i could think of was the "flight of the conchords" TV show from NZ via NY and their smash hit song "bowie's in space" where they sing a song (very convincing) about David Bowie (who i love). :icon_cheers:

A megaswill-fuelled segment of my life saw me needing a stage name for my membership in the seminal internet band 'The ******* Pigs'. By God we were awful.

Thankfully the FPs no longer exist, but adding "hog" on the end of my first name has become standard for every forum site I join.

Edit: It was a forgone conclusion that I was going to join the Worthogs Brewing Club.

Latest posts

Back